Big HE wheels

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Yes, 100% agree. There's no reason big daddy wheels need to be clamped at 45 mph. They need to be 60 mph, really, and have their turning radius made tighter.

In fact, all the HE wheels could use a buff. The bike wheels need much higher top speed also.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Fair points, I'll give it a look.

Well, the large Venture wheel's top speeds were all brought *down* fairly recently. e.g. Monsters lost ~10mph (and stop horribly immediately) and the Springers where a lot slower. So I don't know about buffing the HE wheel's speed by all that much, in this context.
Side note 1: I also noticed that a lot of wheels seem to have been nerfed for top speed. Is this deliberate? Or maybe some accident of physic changes? (Like the little Hawkeye tech with Venture wheels was down to 60mph, from 80mph in the previous patch.)

Certainly the ability of all the medium to large Hawkeye wheels to turn a tech (of any weight) is still a big problem, though:
(3) Also - Hawkeye Big Daddy wheels are entirely incapable of turning while driving forwards. Have they just got too much grip? Is there some way that the the driving system can known to give the wheels on the inside of the turn just a little bit of juice, to lubricate that movement...?
Harking back to this bug thread on wheel turning, yet again: https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...nt-wheels-turning-wrong-way.17842/post-132393

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey,

I've done a review of the wheel speeds. The general order should be, Venture have the fastest wheels, then GSO, then Hawkeye and then GeoCorp. I've left Better Future out because they're less about wheels and more about hovering.

Looking at each of the Hawkeye wheels, I've made notes of their name, dimensions, speed and then compared to to the speeds of wheels from other corporations that are roughly the same size:

Hawkeye Bike Wheels
2x1x1
54 mph (Ven 79, GSO 51)

Hawkeye Tread Wheel
2x2x1
48 mph (GC 35, GSO 65, Ven 85)

Hawkeye Garrison Wheel
2x2x1
48 mph (GC 35, GSO 65, Ven 85)

Hawkeye PX Small Track
3x2x1
37 mph (GSO 41, VEN 51)

Hawkeye Warhorse Wheel
3x3x2
47 mph (GC 31, GSO 65, Ven 120)

Hawkeye M4 Medium Track
4x2x1
52 mph (GC 35, Ven 62)

Hawkeye Big Daddy
4x4x2
48 mph (GC 41, Ven 65)

Hawkeye TT12 Big Track
6x3x2
62 mph (GC 45, Ven 60)

Judging by these results, the only outliers (based on the above-stated expectations for corporation differences) are the Hawkeye Bike Wheels, which should be around 65 mph (so I've just given them a buff) and the Hawkeye TT12 Big Track, which should probably be a bit slower, but I'll leave that alone for now. Most of the Hawkeye Wheels are balanced at the right speed considering the extra armour the offer over GSO and Venture.

I know what you're asking for is for the top end wheels to get a bit faster overall which is a fair request, so I'll bump the speeds of the Hawkeye Warhorse and Big Daddy Wheels up a bit and I'll also increase the speeds of the Venture, GSO and GeoCorp wheels that are a similar size in step with them.

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Increased the top speed of several wheels.

These wheels have been given +10 mph:
  • Hawkeye Bike Wheels (straight and angled)
  • Hawkeye Workhorse Wheel
  • GeoCorp Workaday Wheel
  • GeoCorp Jaws Wheel
  • GSO Muddy Dog Wheel

These wheels have been given +20 mph:
  • Hawkeye Big Daddy Wheel
  • GeoCorp Big-Boy Wheel
  • Venture Monster Truck Wheel
  • Venture Titan Truck Wheel

reaperx1

Crazed Builder

• GeoCorp Workaday Wheel
  • GeoCorp Jaws Wheel
  • GSO Muddy Dog Wheel

• GeoCorp Big-Boy Wheel
Simply awesome! Have a good one [8D)

Dynamix

Do you want to have a GOOD time?

• GeoCorp Workaday Wheel
  • GeoCorp Jaws Wheel
  • GSO Muddy Dog Wheel

• GeoCorp Big-Boy Wheel
I think you weant Warhorse wheels for Hawkeye ;)