BF Trapdoor and Scatter Lasers

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
They look like they are supposed to do the whole BF unfold when used thing. However they do this when placed instead of when space is pushed. Is it supposed to be this way?

Falchoin

Personally, I'm okay with them not having to animate before shooting. Especially the shotguns since I want my up close damage to happen immediately. Though I agree it does look odd considering how the gatling laser works.

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Yes, that's intentional. Having to wait for an animation to finish before firing would get annoying pretty quickly if every weapon did it, so we're only using it on weapons that have an intentional spin-up delay like the gatling laser.

bloodvrtx

Hmm it is a shame that you'd see that animation happen so rarely
Maybe there could be a button at some point

If the weapons are visible at all times shouldn't they fit in a bit more with the general smooth bf look?
or maybe just make the animations faster

Anyways you're the professional Artist just making my tastes known ;)

Last edited:

ARES IV

The scatter lasers now unfold... which has the charming advantage that you can fire above them with some weapons before they unfold.

The trap door still could use the same treatment... there is indeed little point in having it always open.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Yes, that's intentional. Having to wait for an animation to finish before firing would get annoying pretty quickly if every weapon did it, so we're only using it on weapons that have an intentional spin-up delay like the gatling laser.
what if they unfolded when in agro range, and refold when not?