BF Mobile Solar Panels

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Comrade Commie, Dec 8, 2018 at 11:50 PM.

1. Comrade Commie

Comrade Commie Well-Known Member

What I was thinking was a solar panel the size of BF's hidden laser gun (the one that pops up) and didn't require being anchored. It would produce 75% the power of the normal solar panel at half speed and would be useful in large quantities for anti-grav techs.

Lord Zarnox and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  2. rdoom2003

rdoom2003 乚乇卂刀乇尺 口下 卄乇乚工口丂

I think ya could make it produce more power it would have a bigger surface area. (And better future is supposed to be high end)

3. Mindl3ss

Mindl3ss Well-Known Member

I second. not necessarily the design details, ill leave that to the devs, but the need for a less efficient but mobile solar generator is necessary for sustained anti-grav. And would be helpful for any powered tech. Also necessary for a permanently airborne base.

4. Zorgomol

Zorgomol Not a Number

However to avoid making it seriously overpowered it needs to have a fairly slow deployment, just like GSO panels unfolding one at a time, and also deactivate when the tech takes damage just like VEN SCUs. Those panels are fragile and must be protected, after all. Otherwise you could just spam them all over the tech and be practically invulnerable to any weapon that's stopped by shields.

5. Mindl3ss

Alternatively, they could shut down weapons and Sheilds while active.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  6. GK vec

GK vec GK 光轲

I think the credit won't give any mobile solar power parts. Or our anti-gravity warships will be invincible, and there will be no game balance at all.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  7. Mindl3ss

Actually, i think the AA Battery would even things out, it just needs to come out of R&D and into a permanent corp so we can populate the enemy techs with AA capibility. they outrange the lock-on from Missiles so enemy techs can rock you out of the sky before you can get a good shot.

8. Mindl3ss

Ok, Here's some Pitches

Geocorp Solar Ionization Reactor
    2x4x4
    Produces energy 4x as fast as GSO tower but is Extreamly Heavy and Solar face must be exposed (Unlke GSO Towers, which can be totally concealed within your vehicle, Something that, while useful, i dont totally agree with) Works with Sheilds, and repair, but turns off when anti-grav is activated.

Venture Solar Panel
    2x1x1
    Small Low output (1/2 GSO Tower Output) Lightweight Panel for small vehicles. Deactivates when Sheilds, Repair, or Anti-Grav are turned on.

Better Future SolarDynamic Strip.
    3x5x1
    Large curved solar panel for aerodynamic builds (2x GSO Tower output) Works with Anti-grav, but deactivates when sheilds or repair are turned on.

BF Solar Wing
    3x4x1
    Basically the SolarDynamic Strip from above, but on a Middle Wing. Heavy for a BF Wing

Also, A little different, but similar enough to throw in here, Fuel Converters, Which you can switch on to use up your fuel supply to Charge your Batteries and Power your devices.

GSO Fuel Converter
    1x2x1
    Converts at a standard rate (Whatever that is decided to be)

GeoCorp Power Plant
    4x4x3
    4x conversion rate

Hawkeye Turbine Generator
    3x4x2
    2x conversion rate

And Likewise, Fuel Condensers, Which increase the fuel recharge rate by draining power

Venture Electro-Booster
    2x2x1
    Doubles recharge rate, Standard power drain

Hawkeye Afterburn Condenser
    1x2x3
    Doubles recharge rate High Power Drain

Better Futures Ion COndensor
    2x1x1
    Doubles Recharge rate, Low Power Drain

Just some ideas. Also they hold with a notion that we have too many function parts that are 1x1x1. it's conveinient, but not terribly realistic.

9. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

I made a thread about Better Future fuel cells, which are actual things that fulfil this purpose.