Better Resource Collectors

Are You Excited For Multiplayer?

• Definitely

• I Don't Care

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

snowrider777

Jul 11, 2016
I love harvesting and fabricated in this game, stocking up silos and silos of resources and being able to craft anything you want but have one complaint. The collectors can be a little annoying sometimes, occasionally they will take up to 5 seconds to pick up a resource, some resources will get stuck inside or in between blocks on the tech, and sometimes, they will fling them into space, I have a solution to this problem. When a resource comes within reach of the collector, the resource should temporarily lose its hitbox as it comes to the collector. When the collector gains possession of it, it will regain its hitbox thus becoming an object again. It would be like the collector visibly teleporting it towards itself.

I know there are techs with certain design technologies to prevent resource clogging and glitching, but I think adding this would make allot of players happy, for better gameplay.

(This is just a standalone idea that popped into my head, I do not want this to be an argument, just a discussion)

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
I kinda wish they would remove the physics of the resources altogether. Doing that seems like it would solve a lot of problems that people often have with the game, would make the system as a whole a lot more intuitive for the younger audience, and would get rid of the lot of frame-lag that comes from resources.

You don't need to change the crafting system yet again to do it. You don't need pipes, you don't need to remove conveyors. Make resources a purely visual thing, and then give conveyors a bigger bounding box so the resources don't phase through blocks. Not only would that prevent buggy behavior, but that seems like it would be more intuitive to younger players than the current physics-based system, since it has clear-cut boundaries instead of glitchy resources getting stuck.

Sure, changing how resources work would take a lot of work, but that seems like it would be a lot easier to do than trying to fix all the buggy behavior that we have now: getting caught on blocks, flinging off into space, getting caught inbetween blocks when they shouldn't be able to, etc. Why constantly fix a broken system when you can get rid of it and use a simpler one?

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
I kinda wish they would remove the physics of the resources altogether. Doing that seems like it would solve a lot of problems that people often have with the game, would make the system as a whole a lot more intuitive for the younger audience, and would get rid of the lot of frame-lag that comes from resources.
^ This. I could not have worded it better myself. With the introduction of components as an intermediary step between res chunks and blocks hopefully the SCU's will be able to store components.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
Resources does not need physics. Resources are on the ground, waiting to launch our tech in the air, or inside force fields of conveyors and silos. In both cases they need no solid representation.
Edit: I do not go to woods and do not fight around rocks as weapons destroy them in to chunks that can get in to my tech and I then my small tech are dead, as they get crazy, not drivable and weapons can not control where they aim.