Better Mission Bases - Techs Wanted!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I really wanted to see a substantial multi-tech, so I built out the concept I was talking about higher up...

"Umbrella" - capture base (passive), stands 60m tall pre-deployment, then 80m span afterwards (potentially the largest enemy structure in campaign). Each arm is 40m, such that it might actually reach it's allied enemies, to charge them up.

ZG Umbrella.png

Block count is fairly high, but not insane. It does cause a little FPS slow-down once deployed at the R&D origin point. However, a lot of this is from the build beam lights on the 4 arms...

It manifest a couple of the tech splitting bugs, but nothing show stopping - it will work OK with them now and after they are fixed:

(1) The arms are obviously re-oriented from they original build grid, but the cabs are the right way up once deployed, so the beams merely hold the arms in place.

(2) The conveyor directions on the arms get scrambled. Most of them are reversed. This is a shame, but probably won't be noticed by players, as the collectors/receivers on the ends are almost too high off the ground to pick up anything.

These conveyors were carefully constructed in the correct order - to flow towards the first placed conveyor blocks, closest to the centre, so they should work correctly once the scrambling bug is fixed. (I could make a version without arm conveyors, if called for.)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
OK, that's it folks! :) Thanks for all the great tech submissions! :D

I've been back through the thread to collect all the techs. I've looked over them again and selected the most definitive versions, where there have been multiple iterations. I'll be sending them to @zanzistar directly.

I've split them into the two categories (and added advisory notes to them where appropriate):

• Passive - 25.
• Weapons - 18 (6 of which I've requested to be used as capture bases, with 3 more maybes).
• Defunct versions (still visible in thread) - 11.

Compilation Zip file download here (dropbox).

Folders preview (Passive | Weapons):
2018-09-17 Capture base folders.jpg

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
It looks like (at least some of) the bases are in 1.0.0.3 unstable. From GSO level 4, too (by the looks of it).

So might be worth you guys taking a look in campaign for your creations. Maybe uploading a save from just before picking up the mission, so we can test to see a range of the bases actually loading in.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been trying to test our new mission techs a little (save attached). I've seen a small selection at level 5, so far (mostly mine, Rooster's and some old ones, repeatedly - not sure of the selection criterion).

I think my "Umbrella" is the only (non-aggressive) submission with multi-tech parts (beyond scrapping blocks)... But has anyone seen other multi-techs disintegrating inappropriately, like this?:
However, the 4 arm sections of my "Umbrella" mutli-tech base (snapshot attached) all disintegrated when the bolts blew:
Save attached for re-testing.
@cipher's Base Armageddeon 2 has flaps that are *meant* to disintegrate (saw that as a defender/decoy). And another one you made has turrets, if it's in there (but not seen that as yet)...

Attachments

Last edited:

Exakor

[QUOTE = "ZeroGravitas, post: 121097, member: 14209"] " ZG CFS GodZilla Lv4 " - une version protégée de mon guide technique de création ultime . J'ai même corrigé un problème mineur lié au contournement des ressources (lorsque deux morceaux ont essayé d'entrer simultanément dans un Component Factory ou un Fabricator), grâce à l'observation de [USER = 11065] @DerNiepe [/ USER] sur une autre technologie.

View attachment 23716

[SPOILER = "Vue arrière, encore plus semblable aux ailerons du terrible lizzard ..."] View attachment 23809 [/ SPOILER]

Il est essentiellement composé d’usines de composants et 3 SCU semblent un peu extravagantes, mais c’est le roi incontesté du débit de fabrication, sacrément! :p;)

J'ai remplacé les dongles exotiques sur ce filtre par des filtres définis sur des composants exotiques. Peut-être que les joueurs intelligents comprendront ce message codé ... [/ QUOTE]
Vous êtes
"ZG CFS GodZilla Lv4" - a shielded version of my ultimate crafting guide tech. I even fixed a minor issue it had with bypassing resources (when two chunks tried to enter a Component Factory or Fabricator at the same time), thanks for @DerNiepe's observation, on another tech.

View attachment 23716

It is essentially made of Component Factories, and 3 SCUs does seem a little extravagant, but this is the undisputed king of Fabrication throughput, darn it! :p;)

I replaced the Exotic Dongles on this with Filters set to exotic components. Maybe smart players will figure out this coded message...

This guy is just amazing, i've this in my game, and it's really ... COMPRESSED.

Exakor