Better Mission Bases - Techs Wanted!

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
Here's a last-minute tech for tomorrow. Luxite Tower Omega is the finest base guardian money can buy, although I wouldn't mind if you want to make it a capturable base instead.

Luxite Tower Omega.png

I designed Luxite Tower Omega to be quite a challenging guardian. Its many weapons can tear through shields, and its own shields can endure more than a few volleys. The rings of weapons can be taken out with a little strategic thinking, but getting through the main core is a matter of superior strength. It has four backup cabs right at the top, too, and may fall on you when you demolish the anchors.

Galrex

Possibilist
Here's my base build that I finally got some time to deploy here. I know it's big but it's viable. :)

GX Core Crafter
GX Core Crafter.png

EDITED: Just realised I placed a refinery next to the fab... just because of a bug.
I just checked my time here. Apparently my timezone here is 7 hours in advance compared to yours.o_O

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
OK crew! Technically today (Friday) is the last day for submissions to this thread, so last calls - time to post or make last minute tweaks to existing submissions...

... However, seeing as Kris won't be in the office to receive the results until Monday, I may as well collect any stragglers on Sunday night. So for any unrealised ideas, you have this weekend too, if you so wish.:)

Thanks you, all, for the great base techs! :D

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Speaking of last minute.... here's UltimateMiniBase v2.png v2 of the MiniBase, I realized that I never got around to adding power, or shields to the first build. I had one more that I was really hoping to get in, but as it is I have to be back at work in 3 hrs. Gonna be a long day. Maybe there will be another time for it. :eek:

Galrex

Possibilist
Ok basically this is another puny yet decent base build submission from me here.

FABulous 4Pack Crafter
FABulous4PackCrafter.png
A medium-size crafting system with deployable compressed resource blocks to feed the side facing scrappers and sorted silo arrays. This base also equipped with "Selective Selling" - a concept inspired from @ZeroGravitas builds. :) Some wireless chargers to replenish exhausted player techs.

Encountered several bugs while building this tech, especially from aforementioned crafting bug report threads. :confused: So this one have gone through several overhauls to counteract some present bugs.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Speaking of last minute.... here's
v2 of the MiniBase
So this is a repplacement of your previous one? (Just 'Like' is yes. ;)):
And here is another little base project I've been working on. This one will sort, store and sell the excess of incoming resources very quickly, and craft any tier of component with no problems. The other one would too, but this one is a more vertical layout, and crafting is faster.

FABulous 4Pack Crafter
Cool, different storage configuration, nice.:)

It is a shame about the Filter bug. Can't really see an easy way around that, here (skipping 1 in 3 chunks). The base copes with that fine, though.:)

The main issue is that most of the resource blocks don't get picked up. Would you mind doing some of the following to help with that?:

• Lower the scrappers (by extending the recycling conveyor downwards).
• Shorten the main anchor stem slightly.
• Place the resource blocks further in and make sure they fire inwards with the explosive force.

Thanks (would be a shame, and don't really want to just directly gift players a bunch of 'treasure blocks', whole).

Edit: Actually, @-=ROOSTER=- this submission of yours has this issue too, could you tweak the deployment of the resource blocks, perhaps, so that they all stay up on top of the tech's platform, and will actually get scrapped?:
Place them as close to the surface as possible, with as just one explosive block - use GSO 1-Blocks instead, to link and separate the resource blocks from the explosive force generated.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"Manufragture 2" - an anchored base guardian (or destroy enemy army multi-tech).

Snapshot:
ZG Manufragture 2.png

Illustration:
2018-09-14 manufragture, deployed 1.jpg

The main turret is fairly tough, with a core of 5 regen bubbles and substantial recharge from 4 furnace generators powered by fuel resource blocks. It deploys 2 lightly armed mobile techs, made mainly of crafting blocks, based on this previous enemy submission:
"GSO Lv3 Manufragture"

A fun one; functional crafting base, but also somewhat viable as an early-ish game opponent. A modest sprinkle of firepower from the little canons. Decent speed and hill climb with fan assist. Not great ground clearance, but can bump up sharpish terrain transitions with a bit of speed.

And talking of previous submissions...

*If* the ground is going to be carefully selected to be very flat for these capture missions, then I'd like to officially resubmit this Explosive Bolts tech as a decoy base guardian, instead:

"Crafting Bugs" - To make the player say: "Why's there a crafting base over there?... Arrrgh!"

Snapshot:
And recommend my single anchor alternative be used as a "destroy enemy army" type mission tech.
Alternative snapshot, if the main one won't spawn correctly:

Last edited:

Aardvark123

Website
Here is Wheely Good, a crafting base which only looks good from one side:

Wheely Good.png

Wheely Good is capable of crafting, um, MOST blocks that don't recqire a tier-III dongle... Most of the time. It has space for three hundred and sixty resource chunks, can receive resources from any direction and refine them with great enthusiasm. While not built primarily for combat, it can defend itself well enough to last through a few battles.

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
So this is a repplacement of your previous one? (Just 'Like' is yes. ;)): Yes v2 is a replacement of v1

Edit: Actually, @-=ROOSTER=- this submission of yours has this issue too, could you tweak the deployment of the resource blocks, perhaps, so that they all stay up on top of the tech's platform, and will actually get scrapped?:

Place them as close to the surface as possible, with as just one explosive block - use GSO 1-Blocks instead, to link and separate the resource blocks from the explosive force generated.
I'm a little confused. So we're back to explosive bolts being required again? And said bolts are to be used as a means for resource deployment? Wasn't literally my first question, on the first day of this project about if they were required and you said "no"? EDIT: If the prior versions of the techs do not satisfy that "requirement", these should. RE-EDIT: Since the scrappers will not process the resource blocks in the presence of an SCU, I was once again forced to re-work my re-work. UltimateMiniBase v4.png MiniCoreSSBv4.png

Last edited:

Galrex

Possibilist
Cool, different storage configuration, nice.:)

It is a shame about the Filter bug. Can't really see an easy way around that, here (skipping 1 in 3 chunks). The base copes with that fine, though.:)

The main issue is that most of the resource blocks don't get picked up. Would you mind doing some of the following to help with that?:

• Place the resource blocks further in and make sure they fire inwards with the explosive force.

Thanks (would be a shame, and don't really want to just directly gift players a bunch of 'treasure blocks', whole).
Thanks for the feedback.:) I'm working on improvising my Fab 4pack crafter and hopefully will add in here later to replace the current one when I'm back home.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
So we're back to explosive bolts being required again?
They're not a requirement. I'm just pointing out when I see a good opportunity to make use of them to easily make a build come to life. (It seems a shame not to use them.) Or if I'm seeing a little issue with the way they deploy.

I didn't want to mess anybody about (sorry), or call for major redesigns, so I deliberately didn't ask for bases with SCU to have bolt deployed resources. Which of your two version of this would you prefer to be added? (Either is equally fine.):
I was once again forced to re-work my re-work.
And again with this one?:
Just in case "Snakes with lazers" are required tomorrow. Here you go
Is this instead of your previous version(s)? (Which do you prefer?)

Having weapons, even on the fragment techs will preclude this from being a capture base. [Edit - oh, the main tech is armoured too, anyway, never mind.]

Also, even on relatively flat terrain, having those split techs so low (for the width) might cause problems with initial anchoring or deployment. (Maybe the vehicles will sometimes start underground and pop back up, I don't know the spawn mechanism well enough to be sure.)

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Here is Wheely Good, a crafting base which only looks good from one side:

Some out of the box thinking. Nice.:cool:

While not built primarily for combat
So you're OK with this being used as a base guardian (decoy) tech, that players will have to destroy, instead of the main base? (Which can't have any weapons at all, as I understand it.)

Galrex

Possibilist

I have done modifying the base by following some of ZG's suggestions above:

FAB4PackCrafterMK2

FAB4PackCrafterMK2.png
Other design tweaks:
  • The base now uses looped conveyor line to counteract the Filter bug instead of using droppers (from previous design).
  • Fully implemented Selective Selling mode.

Last edited:

Galrex

Possibilist
I have done modifying the base by following some of ZG's suggestions above:

FAB4PackCrafterMK2

View attachment 24027
Other design tweaks:
  • Looped conveyor line is used to counteract the Filter bug instead of using droppers (from previous design).
  • Fully implemented Selective Selling mode.
I've tested a couple of times just now and all dropped resources got picked up by the scrappers. You may also test it yourself.

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
The "snakes with lazers" base was a joke, to make a point . An attempt to, in a friendly way say that these constant contradictions are getting out of hand. Now you are saying that armor is not acceptable but shields are? Shields are armor. Armor that require the spamming of batteries to function, thus violating rule 7. I have now performed 18 builds, and re-builds this week. All of which were entirely level 4 and below and functioned perfectly well before being asked to change them, and have all now doubled in size and are now deemed unacceptable. If nothing we have submitted is acceptable, then it is because it has become impossible to do so.

Aardvark123

Website
So you're OK with this being used as a base guardian (decoy) tech, that players will have to destroy, instead of the main base? (Which can't have any weapons at all, as I understand it.)
The guidelines say bases CAN have weapons, and I envisioned Wheely Good as being a main base. It could work as a guardian if that's what the developers have their hearts set on, but I'd rather have it be capturable.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I have now performed 18 builds, and re-builds this week.
Thank you for putting in the effort to make cool new mission bases.

I'm sorry if I've been confusing by offering excessive guidance. Please understand that only the permitted block pallet (points 1 and 2) are *hard* requirements. When I've flagged level 5 blocks that has been to avoid builds being immediately rejected by the devs (and the work put in going to waste).

Everything else I've said has been advice and suggestions, to take or ignore. Anyone was welcome to just stick with what they submitted, and see what the devs think. Only they ultimately decide. For example, Nightblade's giant tower might go in, but I still think it will likely be pulled, at one stage or another.

If the devs had run this thread, I expect it would have been far more laissez-faire, like the first explosive bolts thread. That was very vague and then used just over half the submissions. I was trying to be more up front, to get as much of people's work in as possible. Then beyond that, to have as good player experience of it as possible, too.

That (for example) is entirely where my prompting for bolt deployed scrapper materials came from - to fulfil an opportunity to show off the bases better, for players to go: "Oh wow, this base already has resources somehow!". A totally optional nicety. Something that I'd be willing to add to a couple designs myself, if asked by the author(s).

Then, when I asked to reconfigure your loose block deployment...
Actually, @-=ROOSTER=- this submission of yours has this issue too, could you tweak the deployment of the resource blocks, perhaps, so that they all stay up on top of the tech's platform, and will actually get scrapped?:

... I was only envisioning 5-10 minutes spent moving the bolts and resource blocks around, then testing to make sure they (mostly) ended up in the existing scrapper (rather than left on the ground). I'm sorry I didn't anticipate a major rework of the tech, itself, to have a whole new scrapper section added. Do you prefer the latest version, or shall we go with the previous one? Either is fine, and I'll configure the resource block deployment if you'd like me to finish that up.

The guidelines say bases CAN have weapons, and I envisioned Wheely Good as being a main base.
Yeah, that was the original specification, which was then changed as I interrogated Kris for more specifics. After he came back to say he'd decided to split the submissions into aggressive and passive, I edited my original post (on the 3rd Sept) to say this...
[Edit: I've been told that aggressive bases may be included as defending enemy techs, instead.]
... and made note in the thread a couple of times too.

I still think that base-looking techs with a modest amount of guns should be used as the capture base, but I don't know if this will be allocated by Kris on a case-by-base basis, or by an in-game filter, or what (I've had no further clarification)...

Last edited: