Better Mission Bases - Techs Wanted!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
The idea with this particular one is that the indigenous people (and there must be some, being that there is an alien biome) happened across Big Tony and regarded him as a deity, turned his selling base into a shrine. Then the base was attacked by the usual group of marauders, and the native having fled left Tony in danger. Pretty lame I know, but the base is cool. :)
Heh, nice little bit of lore, and cool looking reaching hand.:)

I think it would look a lot more visually compelling if you were able to retain the little tech in the hand. Even if you have to keep it attached (and just forego using Bolts at all). Players aren't going to notice him otherwise, when deployed from a distance, with everything else going on in the mission, hills/scenery in the way, etc.

Nit-picking the crafting aspect, I might add another 1 or 3 Refineries on the other corner(s). Not that this is supposed to be a practical tech.... So whatever. :);)

I would remove the roof on it though, so the player might see what's really going on with it.
Yeah that was my plan but if there is no roof it will destroy the carbius blocks when it starts firing. Removing the machine guns would fix that.

Also, just be aware that this will end up being a base gaurdian, now, because it's be-weaponed
That's fine

With this in mind, you might beef up the self healing with centrally stacked regen bubbles, to make it tougher. Larger structural blocks will hold it together far better too, against block detachment by damage.
I did a test and was firing at the turret with ~25 hailfire rifles but I wasn't able to disable the shield before it ran out of fuel which took about 4 minutes. but an extra heal bubble and 2 long blocks is probably a good idea to protect it agains explosives.

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Website
1drv.ms
I was definitely hoping to see more, bigger multi-tech designs.
Well I had been working on a MT turret but then I noticed:
upload_2018-9-8_19-55-0.png
https://imgur.com/a/RyWD6kI
I do find it kind of strange that these are supposed to be for player techs that could have Megatons, Gigatons, Berthas or missiles and yet the largest gun they can have is a 1x2x1 mortar... But whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I do find it kind of strange that these are supposed to be for player techs that could have Megatons, Gigatons, Berthas or missiles and yet the largest gun they can have is a 1x2x1 mortar...
Well, player does have to deal with 3-4 defender techs for this mission (and they'll often have heavier weaponry). Maybe anchored techs are that much harder to kill and out manouver, so more deadly... Maybe it's to avoid giving the player a load of high end parts when they win the base...

Will your MT deign not work without a Megaton for rotation? I was thinking about ones with fans, on a fuel tank pivot, or something... They don't aim nearly so reliably, mind.

If you already had one (mostly) built you could submit it anyway and see. If it'll be a guardian enemy, maybe that will be acceptable...

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I say, would it be all right to make a mobile base for these missions? Not to move around during the mission, obviously, but with the ability to do so if the player wanted to keep it.
Yes, as long as it will anchor very easily (so probably jacked up on an additional stalk, I guess). Sorry for slow reply.

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
As requested, I have done one jacked up on an additional stalk. Introducing the HK-RE1 Mobile Crafting Equipment Shrine, built so prospectors could pay their respects to various crafting blocks:

HK RE1 Block Shrine.png

The HK-RE1 Shrine is capable of trundling along in spite of its weight thanks to some powerful Techa tracks, and a selection of hub wheels allow it to turn in a manner which does not induce existential despair. The anchor stem has to be removed by hand, though, since including an explosive bolt might have hampered its functionality as a capturable base. A variety of useful blocks are packed into its structure or bolted onto the sides, including a component factory, some silos of all sizes, a pacemaker, an anchored furnace, some fuel tanks, fuel and energy gauges, three resource blocks and a dongle. It also has weapons enough to make capturing it a bit of a challenge.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Here a couple of optimised all-crafter concepts I came up with last year, before coming up with the "CFS Perhonen" and Godzilla configurations, for my main guide examples.

"OptiLoop CFS Bush" - Is a compressed Fabrication System crafter with the smallest possible Component Factory loop (9 conveyor blocks), squeezing the Fabricator on by tipping the loop on it's side. Node Silo arrays and a couple of unsorted Lotsa's on the rear.

It has a slightly smaller footprint than the Perhonen, with a far more 3D approach, but looks more cluttered and confusing (hence it sitting on the shelf until now).

ZG OptiLoop CFS Bush.png

"OptiLine Petal" - A simple concept - making the Fabrication conveyor line as short as possible, with 3D interwoven Component Factories at all angles, and 4 unsorted Silos only. In a straight upwards pole configuration.

However, adapting the concept into a fully fledged base took way too many iterations and experimentation... It has dual feed-in lines, with two scrapper for quick filling. A deployed magnet and resource blocks to make it spring to life.

Player would have to place down an SCU to prevent this eating it's own Fabrication products (then feed the top Scrapper manually to re-stock).

ZG OptiLine Petal.png

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
MiniCoreSSBv2.png This one is actually a re-work of the core base that big frank was built around. It's really compact, and crafts top tier blocks perfectly. I think it is a very clean looking unit also, so to me it fits better here than the other project. Note- Edited to reflect necessary changes for parameter compliance.

Last edited:

Zorgomol

Not a Number
So I went back and edited the two old ones, FabTower and Dropbox, and since I got started I went on and made a couple more. The Dropbox wasn't on a rotating anchor, it was anchored AI module...

The Shamrock is a crafting base for the discerning gentleman who wants to do their crafting with style. It is nicely speedy, as well. It does not have very much storage space but frankly, the phrase 'mass production' carries an unpleasant lower-class odor to it a gentleman leaves to his place of relief.
Shamrock Mk2.png

This one is another that started with an idea and then ended up somewhere interesting, or possibly in a ditch, but at least a ditch has running water when it rains. I suppose the CF arrangement has a little novelty to it.

Top Loader G4.png

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I think it is a very clean looking unit also, so to me it fits better here than the other project.
Absolutely. Good to make proper use of that core crafting setup.:)

There's a couple of level 5 armour platse on teh back of the delivery canons. I don't know how strict Kris will be with that, whether or not there's an automatic filter, in game. Possibly better to be safe and edit.

Fancy sticking a couple of blocks attached via bolts, on top, ready to be scrapped, so it has some stock? (Perhaps just regular blocks, for a quicker spread of resources.)

The Shamrock is a crafting base for the discerning gentleman who wants to do their crafting with style. It is nicely speedy, as well. It does not have very much storage space but frankly, the phrase 'mass production' carries an unpleasant lower-class odor to it a gentleman leaves to his place of relief.

This one is another that started with an idea and then ended up somewhere interesting, or possibly in a ditch, but at least a ditch has running water when it rains. I suppose the CF arrangement has a little novelty to it.

These are very cute. Liking the circular arrangement of the Node Silo arrays.:)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"ScrapSellBrick2X" - a dual channel, auto-bricking, scrapping base that sells components. GSO only adaptation of the scrapping base in my crafting guide, with a bunch of scrapping debris set up ready to deploy for instant action. Player would just need to set the Fabricators going for the appropriate resource blocks.

ZG ScrapSellBrick2X.png

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Absolutely. Good to make proper use of that core crafting setup.:)

There's a couple of level 5 armour platse on teh back of the delivery canons. I don't know how strict Kris will be with that, whether or not there's an automatic filter, in game. Possibly better to be safe and edit.

Fancy sticking a couple of blocks attached via bolts, on top, ready to be scrapped, so it has some stock? (Perhaps just regular blocks, for a quicker spread of resources.)

These are very cute. Liking the circular arrangement of the Node Silo arrays.:)
Oops! I didn't notice the plates. I fix it and edit the post right after dinner.

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
I (hopefully) fixed the other one and edited the post. And here is another little base project I've been working on. This one will sort, store and sell the excess of incoming resources very quickly, and craft any tier of component with no problems. The other one would too, but this one is a more vertical layout, and crafting is faster. UltimateMiniBase v1.png Note: Component production layout inspired by perhonen2 (hope I spelled that correctly) by @ZeroGravitas

Last edited:

cipher

Here's a second attempt with my Baseageddon design.

cipher Baseageddon 2 ... with 4 different faces that melt away when the exploding bolts trigger. :)

At least this time there should be no issues with cab orientation due to hinged weapon platforms that drop. The weapons are mounted directly on the base, and the faces fall away to reveal them.

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Looks viable, if somewhat hard to use once the Silos are full.:p;)

Are you leaving it at that, keeping it bare bones, or will you add any repair/shield bubbles, batteries, etc?

Or raising it up on a stalk for easier anchoring, etc? (I think it'll be fine, it just looks a little ugly, currently, with the bug where anchors deploy even if they can't reach he ground.)

Or adding some blocks on explosive bolts for the scrapper to start filling the base a little, that'd be cool seeing as it's a new feature to make use of.:)

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Looks viable, if somewhat hard to use once the Silos are full.:p;)

Are you leaving it at that, keeping it bare bones, or will you add any repair/shield bubbles, batteries, etc?

Or raising it up on a stalk for easier anchoring, etc? (I think it'll be fine, it just looks a little ugly, currently, with the bug where anchors deploy even if they can't reach he ground.)

Or adding some blocks on explosive bolts for the scrapper to start filling the base a little, that'd be cool seeing as it's a new feature to make use of.:)
I (will) edit[ed] the post to remove the cause of the bug(the GSO anchor that I started with). I am leaving it at that, since it is called "Simplicity." As for resource blocks...... We'll see what we can do.