Better map and coordinates!

Want it?

• Total voters

MCrafterzz

Oct 30, 2015
One radar would just show a map.
Two radars would show a map with North, South, west and east directions. It would also show x/z coordinates under the map.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
radars just show detected objects(techs unless made to be difficult to detect) and the relationship of locations to the radar,
compasses show the magnetic/spin north and from that the ease south and west are estimated,
maps can show relationships between undetected but useful for navigation,
then there are GPS units that are basically a small computer with a compass and location system and map information, that display a map with location of the unit and other known(to the unit) information,

and adding a GPS to the radar would be great as you could see the map info locations and detected objects(other techs)
and in game I usually end up with 4 or five radars on my techs(usually from kills) so would prefer 1 radar short range and each extra radar adds 1/3 the single radar range to the detected range

Reactions: MCrafterzz

Smoovious Laxness

Oct 31, 2015
can we scale the radar?

the blips are pretty big too... much bigger than they need to be, and it doesn't take much to get cluttered with all the overlapping...

-- Smoov

Moboro

Oct 5, 2015
It is hard to explore an infinite world if you can't use some tools, like waypoint/markers, cartography, etc.
Can you imagine the possibility of see all your map by pressing TAB????

Smoovious Laxness

Oct 31, 2015
Im hoping at some point we get a block that allows us to do this.
perhaps an anchored block at your base that requires power, paired with a special data-antenna on your tech.
Could call the block at the base the "cartographer" or some such.
... like one of the beacons from Subnautica.

-- Smoov

P

Pink Kitty

Im hoping at some point we get a block that allows us to do this.
perhaps an anchored block at your base that requires power, paired with a special data-antenna on your tech.
Could call the block at the base the "cartographer" or some such.
I like the idea of 'investing' in mapping tech!

SwagBagel

Oct 3, 2015
I would like a button that showed where you've explored and maybe showed the direction of the dispencers.