• No, this is stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Epic afdc

weapon name: plasma cannon
Weapon size (x-y-z): 4-3-4
Weapon projectile: a large, very slow moving blue ball of plasma that explodes on impact. The explosion radius is 6 blocks in diameter. The projectile has little arc
Damage: slightly more than the megaton cannon
Fire rate: slightly slower than the Gso pound cannon
Price: 3,000,000 BB
Weapon description: a powerful plasma cannon, this thing is the big one, the weapon that only the richest off world miners can get their hands on. You’ve worked hard to get this, and you deserve this.

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
so this does around 5750 - 6000 damage PER <redacted> SECOND!, in a radius of 6 <redacted> BLOCKS, meaning it deals a total of 207,000 <redacted> DAMAGE EVERY <redacted> SECOND, FOR THE (relatively) SMALL COST OF <redacted> 3,000,000 BB and only taking up 4x3x4 space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meaning it's the most OP weapon EVER. IT WILL ONE SHOT ALL BLOCKS...
IT IS MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE THAN ANYTHING ELSE WE'VE EVER SEEN. IT WILL KILL US ALL.
FOR ITS SIZE, IT IS ESSENTIALLY A REUSABLE NUKE, BUT WITH A MUCH SMALLER EXPLOSION RADIUS.

actually it might do less damage, since the DPS for the megaton cannon I got does not say whether its damage numbers are for one block or the entire explosion.(@Saelem Black, can you confirm?)

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
I cant help but remember that plasma's damage multipliers make it more powerful against pretty much everything, and yes, that fire rate and damage is stupidly overpowered.

burger1113

I suppose if the projectile moved quite slowly and it couldnt turn very much or quickly, but maybe it doesnt quite fit the current theme of BF?
Not that it needs to stay the same or anythin. We need much better balancing now rather than endgame items though.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
actually it might do less damage, since the DPS for the megaton cannon I got does not say whether its damage numbers are for one block or the entire explosion.(@Saelem Black, can you confirm?)
The megaton does 1000 damage per shot with a 2 second ROF. The 3-pound cannon has a 1 second ROF. Thus what the OP describes is something marginally more powerful than the megaton, but significantly larger. It would be less powerful than the big bertha, HG-1 cannon turret, and the battleship cannon, and quite similar dps-wise to the gigaton. Considering its volume and cost, it's actually quite underpowered.

Concerning the splash radius, a six block diameter is a quite small. Shotguns apply damage in an area nearly 3x that, and explosive splash damage is about twice that on the heavy cannons. For this weapon, I'd suggest a 6 block radius with an linearly decreasing damage profile to the edge (making it act like a shotgun).

I do like the idea of adding Halo's wraith cannon to terratech, but I'd recommend something more similar to the gigaton cannon in physical size, damage, and rate of fire, but with the fancy arcing plasma projectile the OP described. Perhaps make it 4 long x 3 wide x 1 high, with a short barrel naturally angled slightly up (somewhat like a mortar). It might be fun to give the projectile heavy impact, if not massive damage. That would make it feel punchy, if not overpowered.

Last edited:

列支敦士登yuki

upload_2019-1-1_14-46-29.png
Just like in the Halo war, we need a curved ballistic plasma cluster, which flies relatively slowly, and we need a cannon that folds back into the fuselage.;)
I think his damage should be slightly higher than that of the GSO Cannon, and the explosion range should be slightly smaller than that of the Big Bertha Cannon.:confused: (Of course, a little artillery effects are needed.) upload_2019-1-1_16-3-45.png
Size:
Chang 6
Width 4
High 2 (lower) +2 (projecting artillery) or 2+1

Attachments

Mindlessmrawesome

I do think that better future needs a heavier gun. Their weapons atm are all damage based, nothing that explodes. Something like this is needed, just a little overpowered.

Mindlessmrawesome

View attachment 25527
Just like in the Halo war, we need a curved ballistic plasma cluster, which flies relatively slowly, and we need a cannon that folds back into the fuselage.;)
I think his damage should be slightly higher than that of the GSO Cannon, and the explosion range should be slightly smaller than that of the Big Bertha Cannon.:confused: (Of course, a little artillery effects are needed.) View attachment 25530
Size:
Chang 6
Width 4
High 2 (lower) +2 (projecting artillery) or 2+1
with a charge-up time as well would be really cool

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
actually, i have to ask why. Why does BF need better, more powerful, or even any weapons at all. No, the missing component for BF is definitely manufacturing and power. while i can only assume we will see the standard fabricator, scrapper, and SCU units that all corporations have, Better Futures is focused on environmental consideration and it's perks should focus on efficiency and environmental clenliness. Actually im a little miffed to see some blocks BF already has are very out of place. BF has zero need for boosters and the thought that they consume petrol fuel is completely opposite to their intended profile of environmental conservation and green technology. Bigger weapons? Explosives? how exactly does this fit the BF roadmap?

No folks, what is missing from BF is a different (perhaps better) Solar panel, Better, lighter batteries, more efficient sheild and repair bubbles, and perhaps some new efficency based technology (great place for the EXP dyno generator, but im pretty sure that's slated for Venture witch i also think is appropriate.) Maybe fuel and power converters, as suddenly BF Boosters make sense if they run off of power instead of fuel.

The point is, BF is not a military corporation. Why should they even have guns at all, let alone big ones. Not complaining about the guns we have as the Needle Laser is probably my favorite weapon in the game, just noting that they arent really part of the 'environmentally focused' outlook of Better Futures. what weapons BF currently has should be looked at as a bonus already. You want a new big gun, bark up hawkeye's tree or wait for reticule research, which this plasma cannon idea really seems better suited to.

The only exception i could see to this philosophy is a power based weapon like a stream laser that would deplete power as it causes continual damage. And this is not a plasma cannon, which if anything would expend fuel not power for a single large blast rather than a power dependant stream.

This also brings me to a request. Can we see some kind of fuel or Power dependant weapon put on the slate in the near future. i dont care what corp or what kind of weapon it is, i just think the concept would be super fun to play with.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
actually, i have to ask why. Why does BF need better, more powerful, or even any weapons at all. No, the missing component for BF is definitely manufacturing and power. while i can only assume we will see the standard fabricator, scrapper, and SCU units that all corporations have, Better Futures is focused on environmental consideration and it's perks should focus on efficiency and environmental clenliness. Actually im a little miffed to see some blocks BF already has are very out of place. BF has zero need for boosters and the thought that they consume petrol fuel is completely opposite to their intended profile of environmental conservation and green technology. Bigger weapons? Explosives? how exactly does this fit the BF roadmap?

No folks, what is missing from BF is a different (perhaps better) Solar panel, Better, lighter batteries, more efficient sheild and repair bubbles, and perhaps some new efficency based technology (great place for the EXP dyno generator, but im pretty sure that's slated for Venture witch i also think is appropriate.) Maybe fuel and power converters, as suddenly BF Boosters make sense if they run off of power instead of fuel.

The point is, BF is not a military corporation. Why should they even have guns at all, let alone big ones. Not complaining about the guns we have as the Needle Laser is probably my favorite weapon in the game, just noting that they arent really part of the 'environmentally focused' outlook of Better Futures. what weapons BF currently has should be looked at as a bonus already. You want a new big gun, bark up hawkeye's tree or wait for reticule research, which this plasma cannon idea really seems better suited to.

The only exception i could see to this philosophy is a power based weapon like a stream laser that would deplete power as it causes continual damage. And this is not a plasma cannon, which if anything would expend fuel not power for a single large blast rather than a power dependant stream.

This also brings me to a request. Can we see some kind of fuel or Power dependant weapon put on the slate in the near future. i dont care what corp or what kind of weapon it is, i just think the concept would be super fun to play with.
Maybe instead of a regular scu, the BF one would hold blocks relative to it for like 10 seconds before swiftly pulling them in, so you dont gotta track down limited blocks while building and you gotta snap it off temporarily

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com

I actually theorize that the oleite/rodite boosters are entirely eco-friendly. How do they refill automatically? well, there's vaporous oleite/rodite in the air already. Putting it in the fuel tanks is just a matter of cooling it down, which the fuel itself powers. This fuel, once burned, returns to the atmosphere as a different chemical that gets replenished by some natural processes, maybe GMO trees that use the burnt fuel, or the stars radiation.

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
i.e. Pollution. returning chemicals harvested from the Earth-sphere to the earth-sphere in an altered form. Pollution. Yes? And better futures says no to Pollution. Even there is no in game physic to track, the concept of burning fuel at all is still environmentally unfriendly, regardless of the fuel or offput pollutants. Burning hygrogen from Water leaves O Aka Mono-atomic Oxygen, something that is both completely unusable in our biosphere and actually quite dangerous and unstable. Most Hydrogen cell engines use the Electrolysis process that separates the water to produce Ozone or 0^3 (Cant make that symbol on my keyboard...) instead of mono-atomic Oxygen which is also a harmful chemical at ground level despite it's natural existance in our upper atmosphere. Actually mining in general doesnt seem to be BF's Forte. As for Oleite/Rodite fuels, Oleite is Petrol. so yeah, shot down right off the bat there. Rodite as best as i can tell is Flourine, which exists as a pale yellow gas at normal temperature an pressure here on earth. It is definitely not Rhodium, as it's name might imply, as Rhodium is an inert metal. Flourine on the other hand is the most reactive element on the periodic table, a likely catalyst for power generating technologies. in it's natural state, Flourine is extremely toxic and the most corrosive single element (And a component element for some of the most corrosive materials on earth.). It is notably used to enrich uranium. And Flourocarbon gasses (The pollutant created when Flourine is combined with Hydrocarbon fuel) has up to 20 thousand times the global warming impact than Carbon Dioxide. So, yeah. Terratech's fuel source is extreamly environmentally unfriendly. possibly unrealistically so after looking at it this closely. and certainly not in accordance with Better Futures' Mantra.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
i.e. Pollution. returning chemicals harvested from the Earth-sphere to the earth-sphere in an altered form. Pollution. Yes? And better futures says no to Pollution. Even there is no in game physic to track, the concept of burning fuel at all is still environmentally unfriendly, regardless of the fuel or offput pollutants. Burning hygrogen from Water leaves O Aka Mono-atomic Oxygen, something that is both completely unusable in our biosphere and actually quite dangerous and unstable. Most Hydrogen cell engines use the Electrolysis process that separates the water to produce Ozone or 0^3 (Cant make that symbol on my keyboard...) instead of mono-atomic Oxygen which is also a harmful chemical at ground level despite it's natural existance in our upper atmosphere. Actually mining in general doesnt seem to be BF's Forte. As for Oleite/Rodite fuels, Oleite is Petrol. so yeah, shot down right off the bat there. Rodite as best as i can tell is Flourine, which exists as a pale yellow gas at normal temperature an pressure here on earth. It is definitely not Rhodium, as it's name might imply, as Rhodium is an inert metal. Flourine on the other hand is the most reactive element on the periodic table, a likely catalyst for power generating technologies. in it's natural state, Flourine is extremely toxic and the most corrosive single element (And a component element for some of the most corrosive materials on earth.). It is notably used to enrich uranium. And Flourocarbon gasses (The pollutant created when Flourine is combined with Hydrocarbon fuel) has up to 20 thousand times the global warming impact than Carbon Dioxide. So, yeah. Terratech's fuel source is extreamly environmentally unfriendly. possibly unrealistically so after looking at it this closely. and certainly not in accordance with Better Futures' Mantra.
oh ok. Maybe, instead, the minerals are actually native organisms and rather than them going extinct at the introduction of an earth-like ecosystem, they live in symbiosis with the fuel tanks. Our tanks rmeove whatever earth-stuff from them and burn that as fuel, and the fuel tanks give them something essential to their life in turn, which is easily renewed by the fuel burning. (not eco-friendly, but a good explaination. Maybe BF just should use battery power, or they've found a whole new chemical reaction similar to combustion that's completely eco-friendly)

Mindlessmrawesome

the main reason I want a bigger bf gun is because in my game that I am making with my mod (change team anywhere), you are fighting against the aliens which are made primarily of BF blocks. It'd look really weird if an alien tank had a big ol' hawkeye HG-1 cannon on top of it.

The reality of better future is that it is a corp meant for high-quality luxury items that are overly-priced. Kinda like Apple. They work and they work pretty darn good along with looking good, but their price is questionably high. Whether or not this is applied to weapons or to hovers, this is Better Future. So I say that they make a big ol' Better Future gun that rivals the Hawkeye HG1 cannon and looks pretty cool.