Better Future manufacturing (link to old thread)

Fehn

Artificial and Intelligent
SmartBuild Resource Reverter (likely Grade 2)
  • This block would be the most unique of all the blocks listed here (for now). The overall mechanics would be the same as the Mass Refinery, however, it would take in three refined chunks and output two unrefined resource chunks (input : output ratio of 1 : 0.67), allowing for access to the required materials to make grade 1 blocks in fabricators. This conversion ratio would be suitable for efficient, yet not perfect resource conversion, as by using both the Mass Refinery and Resource Reverter, 1 unrefined chunk becomes 1.25 refined chunks, which then becomes 0.83 chunks, resulting in a net loss. This means that they can't be exploited to produce infinite resources.
Assuming this is implemented, I would have the ratios for the Resource Reverter and Mass Refinery be the same, to prevent accidental total annihilation of resources.

Zorgomol

Not a Number
I for one would like a refinery that can be placed symmetrically, say, 1x4x2 or even 1x4x3 in size with input and output at opposite ends. However I have a suspicion that with GSO refinery being one of the oldest manufacturing blocks after the old old crafting overhaul, the positions are probably hardcoded and other refineries that exist so far just follow the same general shape with slightly different form factors.