Better Future Enemy Population Techs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey Prospectors,

This is a call to arms! We need your help refreshing the Better Future enemy population.

What Do We Need?
  • Better Future Techs!
  • Medium to Large Techs - 8x8x8 to 12x12x12
  • Ground vehicles - This includes hovers!
Note: If you submit a Tech with mostly grade 1 blocks but it has one single grade 3 block then it will not spawn until grade 3, so bear that in mind when building your Tech!

How Can you Help?
Build and submit your Better Future techs adhering to the above criteria to be added to the enemy population.

Submit your snapshots to this thread and we'll review them and add the ones that best fit the criteria to the enemy population.

Last edited:
Meet Turtlegun.

It is a 12x12 turtle shell with 10 gatling lasers stuffed inside.
Turtlegun.png
*slight revisions on Turtlegun have been made to make it more faction compatible

Also, a grade 2 tech:
Disco Party.png
The Disco Party is pretty self-explanatory.

Another grade 2 tech:
Relentless Pursuit.png
The Relentless Pursuit goes at 106 mph on flat ground and can chase down other techs even in the mountains (assuming there are no rocks in the way). It's decently tanky too.
*edit: It turns out that the speedometer is actually grade 3. It is now replaced by another radar.

This is a grade 3 version of the Relentless Pursuit:
RelentlessPursuitII.png
It goes at 110 mph on flat ground and has 16 front facing disc lasers, with 8 being able to target high-flying hovers.
*I just did some tests, and it turns out that it's about impossible to get around to its back if it is engaged from the front unless the player is using a 120mph+ car with really good turning.

Chariot of Demise.png
Lance lasers are not very likely to hit their mark, but when they do, the target can kiss goodbye to their shields.
Sourcing my ideas from the previous two designs, the Chariot of Demise will run around and chase the player at 116mph on flat ground and can climb mountains too.

plz buff lasers

Last edited:

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Hoverbird MkD13: A rendition of the trusty Hoverbird Mk5, with plenty of armaments. Has no shields, the enemy AI generally likes trying to get around to the back of a tech with this.
Swiper: "Stop Swiping Swiper!" Has shields, is also a ground tech. Uses a lot of Gatling Lasers.

Attachments

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
this gets its own post because it's special
SWARMED: The actual submitted tech. USE THIS! A swarm multi-tech, the entire thing is 8x2x10. Although it uses GSO Grade 5 Explosive Bolts I don't count them. Turn to ENEMY.
SWARMEDU: A singular unit of SWARMED, DO NOT USE THIS!(Unless you want to I guess)

SWARMEDUCATION is an extended version of SWARMED, but I'm pretty sure it'll break the 12x12x12 limit so it's in if it doesn't break size restrictions(use like SWARMED).

Attachments

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
I spent the day developing a Grade 1 BF tech, later I might make more submissions.

This is the BetterTanker, a tech with good speed and maneuverability, all terrain, dense layers of protection, uses GSO shields/healing, and plenty of weapons too. It is designed to be harder to take down and a bit more challenging than the usual campaign tech, but also rewarding as it has plenty of good loot (worth BB950,000).

BetterTanker.png
1585966423051.png 1585966451649.png

This is Egg of Futures.

Very simple 12x12x10 Ball shape with Medium Air Rig blocks.
But when it starts to break, many cabs spawns from within it making it natural multi-tech without explosive bolt.

Egg of Futures.png

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
My second contribution is a BF Grade 2 tech, the Killer Orca.

A bit slower than the previous tech, but with good turning, so that the driver AI doesn't get lost orbiting the player if they stop moving. The disk lasers are the main weapon, with excellent tracking and good range. It is filled with goodies, even stuff unrelated to combat such as a fabricator, a refinery and a delivery cannon. It is worth a little more than BB800,000.
Very small ground techs may get under disk laser range, as well as high flying techs; most average medium/large late game techs will be easy targets to the orca.

Killer Orca.png

Status
Not open for further replies.