Better Future 3D concept art

Do you like my models?

• Total voters

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
Introducing: WHEELS!
I literally worked for about 2-3 hours making these, working through midnight too. It took me a while to decide on the suspension, as I originally wanted a diagonal rectangular beam from the top of the mount to the bottom of the wheel hub, but I couldn't find a nice way to do it, so I settled on a more minimalistic (and thus more thematically appropriate) straight cylindrical beam, attached to a horizontal arm. The wheels can comfortably turn from the joint between the arm and the wheel hub, up to a nice 22.5 degree angle. The suspension allows the wheel to be extended by 40% of a block length downward, allowing for much more ground clearance than the previous model, while still maintaining the signature 360 degree functionality. There is some minor clipping while turning with the suspension extended to a point where the edge of the wheel is in line with the suspension pivot, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
image.png
The next five posts will contain the other 15 new images.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
lord zarox, just an idea for the BF equivalent of the tracks, a dual wheel (each wheel support at an angle forward and backward from the connection point so that it is a dual wheel on each side)

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
@Lord Zarnox I am concerned about the number of polygons you are using
I had temporarily removed all other blocks, to reduce lag
Flat planes don't need to be made up of many vertices.
Smooth corners don't need to be very round, as that can be done with 'normals'. One segment (or a few more) is all it needs for edges.
Round objects don't need 100 segments. Depending on the object itself, it can be a minimum 8 (less if small) to let's say, 32 segments.

Remember, if there are vertexes that are flat with what it intersects, you can remove them.

Keep up the good work by the way!

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
@Lord Zarnox I am concerned about the number of polygons you are using

Flat planes don't need to be made up of many vertices.
Smooth corners don't need to be very round, as that can be done with 'normals'. One segment (or a few more) is all it needs for edges.
Round objects don't need 100 segments. Depending on the object itself, it can be a minimum 8 (less if small) to let's say, 32 segments.

Remember, if there are vertexes that are flat with what it intersects, you can remove them.

Keep up the good work by the way!
Oh I know that, but the app doesn't allow any of that. It only really allows movement, rotation, scaling, bevelling, extruding, combining, subtracting, etc. It doesn't allow exact control of vertices or polygon count. Case in point, it thinks the four block occupies a much larger range than it actually does, but everything else behaves as expected. As I said in the first post, I'm using what I currently have available. This stuff is a CAD app, after all.

I also removed them due to clutter. But mostly because of the several second camera repositioning delay, which is followed by a several second input delay for anything else. I'm using an original iPad mini model, so it isn't too surprising, given the polygon count, and the edges, etc.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Oh I know that, but the app doesn't allow any of that. It only really allows movement, rotation, scaling, bevelling, extruding, combining, subtracting, etc. It doesn't allow exact control of vertices or polygon count. Case in point, it thinks the four block occupies a much larger range than it actually does, but everything else behaves as expected. As I said in the first post, I'm using what I currently have available. This stuff is a CAD app, after all.

I also removed them due to clutter. But mostly because of the several second camera repositioning delay, which is followed by a several second input delay for anything else. I'm using an original iPad mini model, so it isn't too surprising, given the polygon count, and the edges, etc.
I'd recommend the use of a tool known as Blender. For PC. It's a very powerful tool that once you learn how to use you can do many things with. Such as optimize and correct your models, or make models from within there.
...wait, can you export the models from the ipad?

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
I'd recommend the use of a tool known as Blender. For PC. It's a very powerful tool that once you learn how to use you can do many things with. Such as optimize and correct your models, or make models from within there.
...wait, can you export the models from the ipad?
I have gotten into using Blender a bit, but then my transformer started playing up, and given I'll be moving house, yeah, it will be a while. If I remember correctly, I don't even think I figured out how to make textures work, but I have made some CPU intensive flame vortexes (intensive for my 8 year old laptop, that is).

And, long story short, I can't export from the iPad. The app has the option to export to Dropbox, but it doesn't work, and I suspect it may be due to the app being depreciated, but either way, if I find the time and feel like doing it, I can just make them from scratch again. Once I have access to a working computer, that is.

In the meantime, feel free to make them yourself if you want. I'd be happy for anyone to use them, do long as I am credited for making these original models.