Best Weapon?

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
I want to know what the best weapon(s) is/are.
There are multiple factors that will determine how good the weapon is:
Reload, turning speed, accuracy, lag, damage, range, projectile speed, and if it does splash damage or not
Post your opinions here!

Reactions: Luracasmus

Sharra

Apr 7, 2017
Hawkeye repeater canon.
No lag, decent firerate, damage is okay, low recoil, good tracking.
Higher damage in the game means lower firerate. If thats not the problem, venture missile launcher.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
Hawkeye repeater canon.
No lag, decent firerate, damage is okay, low recoil, good tracking.
Higher damage in the game means lower firerate. If thats not the problem, venture missile launcher.
Not to make this thread go forever, but I want a general weapon to cover a the majority of my tech with. I want to avoid guns because they arc and it takes a log time for the bullets to reach.

Ogre

Apr 26, 2017
My favorite is the Hawkeye Railgun. Super long range, high damage, slow fire rate. But with a little practise you can sit outside of AI targeting range and kill. Even invasion techs fall to them. The real bonus is that you tend to damage fewer blocks than say a Cruise missile that has huge splash damage.

P

Pink Kitty

Depends what you mean by 'best'.

Missiles have the best range, and do lots of damage.
But they aren't so good up close, and they're expensive/high tier.

HE Cannon does the most damage per shot, but it's slow firing and slower turning. And expensive/high tier.
It also takes up enormous space, so you don't get many.

Megaton cannon is a little less destructive, and slightly faster turning, but also fits in a 2x2x2 space, so you can pack way more of them in. And expensive/high tier.

Me, my favourite weapons are the GC melee weapons, backed up by lots of Venture Machineguns.
They don't do much damage. But they are cheap, have great range, and track quickly.
Good for taking out anything small, and anything big enough to ignore a whole bunch of them, is going to be dealt with by the plasma Drills/Cerb bores :)

earthdragon13

May 6, 2017
Depends what you mean by 'best'.

Missiles have the best range, and do lots of damage.
But they aren't so good up close, and they're expensive/high tier.

HE Cannon does the most damage per shot, but it's slow firing and slower turning. And expensive/high tier.
It also takes up enormous space, so you don't get many.

Megaton cannon is a little less destructive, and slightly faster turning, but also fits in a 2x2x2 space, so you can pack way more of them in. And expensive/high tier.

Me, my favourite weapons are the GC melee weapons, backed up by lots of Venture Machineguns.
They don't do much damage. But they are cheap, have great range, and track quickly.
Good for taking out anything small, and anything big enough to ignore a whole bunch of them, is going to be dealt with by the plasma Drills/Cerb bores :)
I was actually wondering about melee weapon loadouts. What do you find is most effective?
On the topic of best weapon, railguns, cruise missiles, and lasers will let you snipe your foes. A large laser array is actually remarkably good for boring holes in other techs without destroying excess blocks. If you want to get more up close an personal, you need a high damage per second, and preferably something that can pivot. The sniping armaments are best supplemented in this regard with things like 16 pounders, megatons, and the various machine guns.
The shotguns are absolutely brutal if you are right next to another tech. not the highest rate of fire, but do tons of damage per shot and push the other tech away. I am fond of covering the backside of my tech in shotguns to deal with faster tech that try to flank me.

P

Pink Kitty

Tricky. The all-time best melee weapon is the Hammer.
Vast damage, and an increased chance to shatter parts off the tech.
But, it's too weirdly shaped to mount.
The new EXP straight hammer is a lot better.

The best functional melee weapon is the Cerberus Bore.
Really tough, does loads of damage.
But, you have to get it off the ground, which means you can only go after reasonably large techs with it.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
It depends on what you're after - if you want long-ranged firepower, use HE Cruise missiles or Railguns.

If you want melee combat, go for GeoCorp weapons. I recommend the drill for small techs and the Cerberus Bore for larger ones.

If you want anti-flanking, go for guns that aim fast such as the HE rifle or the burst rifle. Venture guns are also pretty good in this regard.

If you want firepower in regular engagement range (Such as fighting a tech head-on), always count on the Megaton cannon.

Splash damage? The Megaton Cannon, HE Cannon, missiles and the GSO 3-pound cannon can penetrate shields.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
Thank you for suggestions. I said majority, not entire, but I think it is best to use a mix of weapons. I avoid using the HE large machine gun and the HE cannon as they take up a lot of space and are slow. Personaly, I really like the GSO narrow gauge lasers because they don't cause a lot of lag. Then I have some 3-pounders ( acutally they are equal in number to the lasers I use ). I don't have a lot of megatons, as they aren't good for taking out little techs that get behind you, so I only have 4 of them. I have 8 ozzes ( how do you spell that? ) in the middle and a LOT of HE railguns to hopefully punch some sort of hole

Gasviation

Feb 25, 2020
definitely the hawkeye cruise missile. super high damage, low fire rate. my tech has 20 of those cruise missiles and it's unbeatable

lucavm203

Dec 2, 2019
I say the reticule research GIGA PLASMA. They are big, have a long range, very slow fire rate and high fire rate ( it has a start up time) and it has they highs DPS in game 1 GIGA PLASMA can get on long range around 10000 DPS. It is from they R&D Labs