Beggining options

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Feb 9, 2018
My box
forum.terratechgame.com
As it stands, most low-level weapons are immediatly irrelevant once unlocked, as better alternatives are available. Instead of buffing them, we could have different options when starting the game. Right now, the protagonist works for GSO and begins with GSO blocks, but what if you had the option to work for venture, hawkeye, Geo, and any future corps? This would make low-level guns have a place in the game

OllyOllyOxenFree

Mar 19, 2018
Isn't the point of the game to progress and eventually differentiate into a specific class of robot (extractor, warrior, speedster/dragster)? If so, I don't see a problem...

Soviet_Samuelson

Feb 9, 2018
My box
forum.terratechgame.com
Isn't the point of the game to progress and eventually differentiate into a specific class of robot (extractor, warrior, speedster/dragster)? If so, I don't see a problem...
But the begining is always the same thing, like multiple brands of saltine crackers. All that changes is where stuff is. The first Venture guns (excluding the Ozzee) are UNGOOD, and easily replacable by bigger guns of other corps.
The game would also have a nice way to implement diffuculty settings, like a hawkeye start be easy, and geo/venture starts being hard.

OllyOllyOxenFree

Mar 19, 2018
But the begining is always the same thing, like multiple brands of saltine crackers. All that changes is where stuff is. The first Venture guns (excluding the Ozzee) are UNGOOD, and easily replacable by bigger guns of other corps.
The game would also have a nice way to implement diffuculty settings, like a hawkeye start be easy, and geo/venture starts being hard.
Oh so what you're saying is that once you unlock a new faction the starting weapons for those factions are essentially useless because you already have advanced weapons from other factions? I can agree to that statement, as I did just keep my 'GSO 3-pound cannon' when comparing it to the new 'Hawkeye shotgun/machinegun'...

OllyOllyOxenFree

Mar 19, 2018
In that case I'd agree, maybe give the player the choice to work for who they want with a brief description of what that faction is and their builds are like, except that would be a problem with Geocorp seeing as they don't have great weapons to start off with and would make fighting the AI a pain...

Reactions: Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson

Feb 9, 2018
My box
forum.terratechgame.com
In that case I'd agree, maybe give the player the choice to work for who they want with a brief description of what that faction is and their builds are like, except that would be a problem with Geocorp seeing as they don't have great weapons to start off with and would make fighting the AI a pain...
Disclaimer for expert players only