Bacon, Inc: Official Tech Dealer

Should Bacon, Inc Be Official

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Greetings Bacon Inc, I hope business is good.

We'd like your company to help us design a Universal Scout Tech. Here are our requirements:

1. Tech must reach 85mph without boosters. Boosted speed must reach or exceed 100mph. Its chassis must also be all-terrain (as most of our planets consist of harsh mountains and steppes)
  2. Size must be no more than 15 blocks in both length and width, and 10 blocks in height. We would like this to be a transportable Tech.
  3. Must be able to carry at least 1 Geocorp Resource block or use 1 Geocorp HC Scotty resource collector, so at peacetime we have a light cargo vehicle
  4. Weaponry must be cut to a minimum: No more than 10 missile launchers. It must have an unarmed variant for civilian/cargo use.
  5. Shielding is a priority: the Tech must have at least 1 GeoCorp battery with a HawkEye shield and repair bubble set.
  6. Once the design is approved as combat-ready, We will grant you a manufacturing contract. We require a small batch per secured planet: 200 each would suffice. If our officers like the design, we'll double our order.
Please send us an estimated price and production quota and we will gladly send you a contract to formally settle this.

Best Regards,
Potato
Treasure-Keeper, Lemon Kingdom

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
@Potato the scout has been completed
Universal Scout.png
Features:
Compartment for holding resource blocks
Rudders on the side of the tech to stabilize the tech when turning
No boosters for fuel tanks to reduce weight
Reinforced frontal armor to reduce damage by collision
Very high speed

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
An excellent design, very functional and meets nearly all of our requirements, except for two:

1) It's 16 blocks long. Our maximum length or height must be 15.
2) Not enough ground clearance to be all-terrain.

Some issues I'd like to point out:
1) There are fuel tanks, but there's no boosters. Please replace them with regular blocks to increase its structural integrity.
2) Too many Venture fans, perhaps remove half of them, and reduce the batteries by half. For the role it's going to be in, we need it to be light, but with just enough shielding to shrug off minor attacks.

Other than that, it's ready to go.

Reactions: BenBacon

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
1) It's 16 blocks long. Our maximum length or height must be 15.
The wheel configuration did not allow for the 15 block length. I will try other wheels though
2) Not enough ground clearance to be all-terrain.
I tested it against very steep mountains and it scaled them quite well. Not sure what you're talking about

1) There are fuel tanks, but there's no boosters. Please replace them with regular blocks to increase its structural integrity.
Thanks for pointing that out. I though I got rid of all of them
2) Too many Venture fans, perhaps remove half of them, and reduce the batteries by half. For the role it's going to be in, we need it to be light, but with just enough shielding to shrug off minor attacks.
If I do that it will become very sluggish. The battery load is already pretty low for Bacon, Inc standards

Reactions: Potato

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
I tested it against very steep mountains and it scaled them quite well. Not sure what you're talking about
Yes, I've tested the Tech on steep mountains. It works, but sometimes the rudders get damaged because they're hanging low.

If I do that it will become very sluggish. The battery load is already pretty low for Bacon, Inc standards
Fair enough. I trust your designers in this matter.

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
@Benbacon I would like to request a heavy landship tank. Here are the requirements:

• Must be effective
  • Has to have good terrain capabilities
  • Must be over 40 blocks long
  • Has to have defense against small techs and long range artillery
  • Has to be sleek and has to go over 55mph without boosters, 80+ when boosted
  • Must have batteries/shields
  • Stick to a Hawkeye corp for look, no exposing VEN or GC blocks. GSO is fine, but not too much
The Kebab Kingdom will repay you for your duties.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
@Benbacon I would like to request a heavy landship tank. Here are the requirements:

• Must be effective
  • Has to have good terrain capabilities
  • Must be over 40 blocks long
  • Has to have defense against small techs and long range artillery
  • Has to be sleek and has to go over 55mph without boosters, 80+ when boosted
  • Must have batteries/shields
  • Stick to a Hawkeye corp for look, no exposing VEN or GC blocks. GSO is fine, but not too much
The Kebab Kingdom will repay you for your duties.
I am sorry but this project is way too ambitious
In order to meet all of the requirements the tech would need to be absurdly large, filled with many blocks. The model was only 3/4 of the way done before it crashed TT

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
I am sorry but this project is way too ambitious
In order to meet all of the requirements the tech would need to be absurdly large, filled with many blocks. The model was only 3/4 of the way done before it crashed TT
What computer do you run? I can finish it if you posted the current snapshot of it.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
@Potato I have finished the Universal Scout to meet new requirements:
Universal Scout Mk2.png
I know that armor technically counts as a block but it barely takes up any space so I hope it's fine

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
@Potato I have finished the Universal Scout to meet new requirements:
View attachment 21385
I know that armor technically counts as a block but it barely takes up any space so I hope it's fine
Yes, the armor is flat enough to ignore the requirement completely, so that's fine.

Yes, all the requirements have been met. We would like your estimated price for the first batch of 1,000 units so we can settle this. As for manufacturing equipment, we'd gladly let your company use our existing factories should you need it, but they might require re-tooling.