Autominers need to be babysitted?

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
I read once that they do still “run” while your away. Instead of putting anything out, they just track how long you’re gone. When you get back, they pump out everything they would’ve in the time you were gone, at an accelerated pace.

Apparently they used to pump it out all at once, but to keep the game from crashing the devs switched to just pumping out faster.

Reactions: PsyPryss

PsyPryss

Jan 7, 2022
I read once that they do still “run” while your away. Instead of putting anything out, they just track how long you’re gone. When you get back, they pump out everything they would’ve in the time you were gone, at an accelerated pace.

Apparently they used to pump it out all at once, but to keep the game from crashing the devs switched to just pumping out faster.
Therefore you have to make your rounds instead of just sitting back. Thanks.

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
Tell you what though, if your last invader is still alive, you can afk the autominers.

First, find a patch of whatever resource vein you’re looking for. Clear the area of enemies and then situate your tech right next to the vein(s) you want to mine. The closer the veins are to each other, the better.

Build a simple fabricator base to compress the resources into resource blocks. Venture resource blocks will perfectly divide down the 1000 resource chunks mined from the vein (not accounting for the few extra that come from exposing the vein first). Include a silo and receivers, and branch out with conveyors if necessary. Place an SCU to pick up the blocks, then set the fabricator(s) to repeatedly craft whatever resource block you’re mining. Then place your autominers, rotating them to point towards the nearest receiver.

After all of that, save your game and go afk. Enemies will always spawn at freeze distance (the distance at which they can’t move and don’t aggro), so as long as your tech remains idle, you should never have to deal with anything destroying your setup. Also, because there can only ever be one invader at a time, you will be safe as long as it’s never destroyed.

I don’t have an exact timeline for how long it takes to drain the veins, but I have done this a couple times overnight and they’re always empty when I get back on.