Aquatic Environment

Would you like to see the implementation of aquatic biomes and means of transport in TerraTech?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

pspjoker

Dec 12, 2014
The mighty devs of this beautiful game have already graced us with the technology of wings and wheels, why not implement some form of aquatic transportation? AFAIK there is no water ever to be found, yet there are trees and green grass everywhere! It would only make sense to have bodies of water lying around everyone once in a while.
Variations could include:
Rivers or streams in grasslands
Ponds in grasslands
Oasis in desert
acid pools or magma pools in wastelands
oceans(???)

Of course with the implementation of some form of water the question of "Do iI get to conquer this area too?" comes along. This would bring about a whole new breed of blocks ranging from subsurface torpedoes, ship hull blocks, amphibious vehicles floats, aquatic propulsion (by means of propeller or tracks).
The addition of aquatic biomes also justifies the addition of a corp like the one mentioned in this thread: http://forum.terratechgame.com/inde...-tsn-terran-shipping-and-naval.832/#post-6821
New enemies to fight on this vast new battlefront would also be appreciated!

Give me some feedback! What do you think about Amphibious vehicles? Should Terra Tech dip it's toes into the water? What sort of contraptions would you build to navigate this new terrain?

Reactions: Coder and Kenniej

TKofSweden

Feb 8, 2015
I think it is a bad idea.
Better to leave water out of the game. The current game doesn't mix well with water.

Kenniej

Feb 14, 2015
I like the idea we have land and air vehicles naval with it is a great mix. Now we see endless land the water will make it more like a real world.

Reactions: Coder and pspjoker

pspjoker

Dec 12, 2014
I like the idea we have land and air vehicles naval with it is a great mix. Now we see endless land the water will make it more like a real world.
Yea, that's what I was thinking. Naval I think it would tie the world into one cohesive unit.

Reactions: Coder

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
I wouldn't mind water implemented right away as long as you couldn't float... Just leaving it a tempting future but a very real death if you go in it would be fine. At least then the devs could program in the water in to the engine without having to bother with blocks that work well with it.

Reactions: pspjoker

pspjoker

Dec 12, 2014
I wouldn't mind water implemented right away as long as you couldn't float... Just leaving it a tempting future but a very real death if you go in it would be fine. At least then the devs could program in the water in to the engine without having to bother with blocks that work well with it.
I think this is a very reasonable request for the devs. It gives them a great way to tease us, but also a great way to experiment with water.

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
I like the idea of water, even if it's just water=death.

I like the idea of building things underwater.

And having hovercraft zipping across it, while the tanks crawl under it.

If water=death, it would give some use to hovercraft, which at the moment are kinda silly.
Hard to control, and don't handle hills well.
Or rocks/trees/etc.

but if they could go over water, well, it might be worth building them.

also bridges and things.

doctor bond

Feb 14, 2015
Water=death is silly.
Perhaps *lava*=serious damage (and wears down shields quickly)...which rapidly = death.

hovercraft going over water is a great idea. Big Geo spikey wheels getting massivley slowed down in mud...

Reactions: Coder