Anyone had any success with tram systems or anything?

Red Panda[Aurora Founder]

Aug 25, 2019
Earth I hope
www.youtube.com
Ive been trying to use those shaft pole things from the experimental stuff, and the geocorp black bars, and the experimental bearing thingies to make a tram system, but it seems they are too fat to rotate around a curve, and adding more to increase stability and balance weight or whatever makes that a mroe difficult taks. it also seems that wheels dont grip these poles and flight blocks are too strong or too weak.

Aug 25, 2019
Earth I hope
www.youtube.com
ohhh i got somethign working, now all i need to do is maek a mod or find a mod or something that has a striaght pole that magicly floats from a attachment point on its side so my tram can transfer itself between techs without disconnecting
that and amybe a modded super large but super smooth curve, or a way to suspend my trams on bearings or somethign stupid

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
I’m impressed you’re making a tram system given the tech size limit! I myself can’t justify a tram system for my worlds. Usually I’m not handling more than one base.

Aug 25, 2019
Earth I hope
www.youtube.com
I’m impressed you’re making a tram system given the tech size limit!
well that's the main issue actually.

See, this is a perfectly functional setup:
1636878081103.png
In which the cars (no gyros or anything, and they stay upright even when fully loaded not that this linear setup would care) travel at reasonable speeds across the line of poles, making use of the slippery nature of those poles when clipped with the bearings. the issue is connecting to another tech, because tech distance limits restrict my max length to the max length of 2 techs, utilizing some very finnicky anchoring placement, especially when in realgame terrain. so right now i need either a mod or some very fancy engineering to make this thing work properly.

second issue is making a turn is nigh impossible, unless i perhaps use rotating bearings and some very finnicky shenannigans.

now if anyone wants to help me or just flat out make a mod that has a identical property and collision having pole, with an additional attachment point that shouldn't physcially work, or just a non physical attachment point so it looks ok but is still a straight pole, then if be infinitely grateful.