Anyone else ?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
And yes I did take all of the normal steps that usually correct such problems.
By which you mean uninstall and reinstall, checking drivers, etc, as per the trouble shooting FAQ? You on the unstable branch (1.2.0.4)?

Did you also try deleting all the contents of the "cache" folder? Also, how many snapshots do you have? (I'm not sure it's an issue now, but after a change to their format, a couple months back, it was taking a long time for the game to start while it processed all old snapshots.)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
but will crash instantly if I click to load a save. Sorry for the late response, I've been very busy.
Kind of a step forwards then, I guess...:confused: So it crashes before even starting to load into the world itself? (That's new... There was a recent crash caused by having component dongles, at all, fixed now.)

All the best with things on the West coast.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
suspect the ram contacts, then the ram then the video card ram/ video card.
this sound like one of the just before fail ram/ram contacts/video card contacts issues, try cleaning the contacts with a plastic eraser (and if you can get it a product called de-oxit pro (this seems to improve the contacts to better than new from my experience))

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Thanks for the response @harpo99999 . That was my first thought as well, but I've checked every contact and corresponding runner (both ways) on PCIE and RAM slots and also Vdroop at load on charged runners and they are all good. Then broke out the FLIR to check for heat issues, but no problems there either. Also, the desktop is unaffected. Only "open" windows have the squares. Very strange.

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
I seem to have made a little bit of progress. I tried the oldest save I had (my very first TT campaign), and it worked perfectly. then exited back to main menu and tried an R&D save and it crashed again. I'm thinking maybe even though I'm running a fresh install, maybe there are old modded techs in some of those saves I forgot about. Maybe I should consult the Paw about the issue.

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
My recomendations: Copy all the saves, techs, and everything you care about to a safe folder (if you have a USB drive, copy the files in it AS WELL as the folder in your computer) Then, delete the game from steam. After it deleted, go to steam folder, delete all the remaining files. Also check AppData for payload studios folder. Now, reboot your system, and install the game again. If doesnt work, it might be a hard drive issue. Try installing the game to a diffirent hard drive, or USB drive (if you have one). If it fixes the problem, then it was the hard drive. If it doesnt, it might be this
all the hardware I own went bad all at once
Also, if you are using older version of Windows (xp, vista, 7), your operting system might not be supported by newer versions of unity. But it is not likely to be true

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
ALSO, i dont see any red squares on the post you were refering to. Its PROBABLY your videocard
EDIT: also might be your RAM, depending on your system settings 1564226054872.png