Any unofficial mods out there that boost difficulty?

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Increase enemy spawn rate? Inject specific techs into the enemy pool? If any mods like this exist I desire to be directed to them as I find TT too easy and always enjoyed bugs that caused missions to rapidly spawn everywhere as random encounters, just stroll on pass, see a mission with enemy techs, conduct long range bombardment and brawl, endue extermination.

Reactions: Bedacoalmaster

Bedacoalmaster

I draw TT models for fun
Feb 5, 2019
As far as I would know, increasing enemy spawn rates has never been attempted before. Adding techs to the spawning pool however is something that many people have wanted, but due to giving the ability for people to possibly find things that the devs might not want to show in the tech pool (ex: dev blocks, missions specific blocks, upcoming blocks, etc.) modifying the enemy population pool will likely never happen anytime soon.

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
No block detach could help by making it so all blocks you want need to be bought, crafted, or received from crates. Explosion nerf makes explosives less powerful. Enemies target lead patch makes the enemies hit you more of the time when you're moving. Increased range can allow for opponents to shoot at you from further away. All these can be found in TTMM.

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
No block detach could help by making it so all blocks you want need to be bought, crafted, or received from crates. Explosion nerf makes explosives less powerful. Enemies target lead patch makes the enemies hit you more of the time when you're moving. Increased range can allow for opponents to shoot at you from further away. All these can be found in TTMM.
I do have these mods except for block detach as I find it unfitting.. SALVAGE BOIIS!
I am more looking for increased enemy spawn rates, naturally spawning missions, and custom tech injection into the enemy pool. The difficulty stays natural and not artificial like preventing salvage or limiting the use of certain weapons. I am not a fan of difficult and unfair, just very difficult and fair.

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
There is also a bug with enemy target lead, enemy techs don't fire as they require their weapon to have a linear line of sight directly onto an targeted tech which was not the case in the past.

Lord_Greyscale

Jul 19, 2018
There is also a bug with enemy target lead, enemy techs don't fire as they require their weapon to have a linear line of sight directly onto an targeted tech which was not the case in the past.
Hmm, I'll hazard a guess that that was intended as a stealth-nerf to mortar-type weapons, so enemy tech wouldn't open fire and (potentially) devastate you with the most difficult to counter weapon, before you could see them.

Doubly so with the slight homing mortars gained a while back.

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
Are you sure that's from the mod? Have you tested if that doesn't happen if the mod is disabled?
How did you come to figure direct LOS? Did you test it? Did you make sure you could see the weapon, and it was not actually firing? (since LOS blocked, might be firing and you can't tell)
Was the gun blocked by terrain, or the tech? Because the latter has always caused guns to not fire.
Are you inside the enemy tech's aggro range? How far away are you?
Sounds more like tech AI being wonky than anything to do with the mod imo.

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Are you sure that's from the mod? Have you tested if that doesn't happen if the mod is disabled?
How did you come to figure direct LOS? Did you test it? Did you make sure you could see the weapon, and it was not actually firing? (since LOS blocked, might be firing and you can't tell)
Was the gun blocked by terrain, or the tech? Because the latter has always caused guns to not fire.
Are you inside the enemy tech's aggro range? How far away are you?
Sounds more like tech AI being wonky than anything to do with the mod imo.
Active study. In the past the enemies acted fine. Then some updates latter, the weapons lead but only when the weapon has a linear line from the weapon to the target will it ever fire. I also know this because why I fly around I don't get bombarded by flak bullets which was an experience in the past.
Probably the AI being uncooperative I agree. Like, come-on, weapon auto targets correctly JUST SHOOT!
I can see directly that when the weapon is aiming, when it a linear line between me and the turret is made, it fires. Imagen seeing a laser pointer for every gun that is perfectly straight from the barrel, only when the laser hits a target will the weapon ever fire, laser not hitting? Weapon no shooting. I find this easy to see in the main screen brawls, especially for large weapons and Death Circle scenarios. I constantly see cannons slowly rotate, fire when the "laser" hits a enemy, then leads it's shot only to never fire again.