Any kind of tutorial

noobnoob

Apr 21, 2020
Hi there, i just started with terratech and figured its kind of a great game. What i am struggeling is, that i am a bit lost. Here are my questions:
1) How can i change my cab. I can buy a new cab but dont know how to "switch" to the new cabin
2) How can i repair my stuff. I get that i can use this solar panels. But that alone wont work

Bazzietuk

Sep 7, 2019
Play the campaign mode and it'll walk you through all you need to learn. You get new cabs after you acquire new licenses in the game from different corporations. The cabs have different benefits (AI cab, Turrets etc). Venture ones for instance are built for speed vehicles, Hawkeye for flight vehicles, Geocorp for big Earth moving machines etc.

The solar panels allow you to charge batteries, the batteries can be coupled with repair bubbles or shield bubbles you get in campaign mode walkthrough.

Helios

Also known as He Who Forgets Passwords
Apr 7, 2020
Hi there, i just started with terratech and figured its kind of a great game. What i am struggeling is, that i am a bit lost. Here are my questions:
1) How can i change my cab. I can buy a new cab but dont know how to "switch" to the new cabin
2) How can i repair my stuff. I get that i can use this solar panels. But that alone wont work
1) Press and hold right mouse button on the tech, then select the steering wheel icon. Note that techs with AI cabs only can't be controlled directly, it must have at least one basic cab from any corporation in order to be switched to.
2) Either do it like the campaign mode, or attach wireless recharger to solar panels to recharge remotely. Or you can attach solar panels directly onto your tech and anchor it, though it's a bit tricky at first.

Reactions: General Douglas

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
The others have done a good job answering your questions, but I thought I'd add a bit more.

A cab by itself counts as a new tech. If you drop a cab from your inventory somewhere nearby, it becomes a new tech. You can have multiple techs at once, and whichever techs you're not driving will just sit idle. To switch, just double click on the new cab (or do as Helios said).

You can also place a new cab onto your existing tech, placing just like a regular block. As long as there is at least one cab on your tech, it will stay together.

If you want to re-set your existing tech back to just the cab. Find the cab and pull it out. The tech will collapse and the camera will refocus on the cab you just extracted.

Energy is an important resource in TerraTech. Solar panels provide a way to gain energy - however, they must be anchored to operate. If you place them on the ground, they'll anchor themselves. You can also place them on your tech as long as your tech can anchor itself. Solar panels generate energy which you can store up in batteries. As long as a battery is located on the same tech, it will automatically begin charging when solar panels deploy.

The energy stored in your batteries can be used to repair your tech or to shield your tech in battle. To repair your tech, attach a repair bubble. You'll see a green radius. Anything inside will get healed automatically if it takes damage. Shields generate a blue bubble. These simply prevent bullets from entering the bubble, protecting anything inside - at the expense of energy.

As an advanced tactic, any block sent to inventory gets automatically healed to full. So a quick way is to drive to a trade station, drop the damaged part into the black-hole thing (SCU). It will re-appear in your inventory, then you can just put it back on your tech, fully healed.