Any advice on starting a new "Kingdom?"

TubaAssassin

Jul 28, 2017
As the title suggests, I plan to be starting a new company under the name of FowlTec. It will not be a full-on kingdom like the many ones that now dot the landscape, but will be similar in structure and organization. Before I make it official, however, I have a few questions about how starting up and running a kingdom works.

Are there any requirements to start it up? To I need to have a logo or something made beforehand?
Naturally, I plan on hiring some more hands after we start up. Running a company can be difficult when you're just one man. Is there any recommended method of bringing on new members?
Do I need a certain number of techs built up before I can make a kingdom official?
EDIT: Connection's being a bit wonky, so I'm saving and posting in the moments it's stable.

Reactions: Legionite

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
As far as I know, you need at least 5 members so you can be an official Faction/League/Kingdom. That's basically it. :)

As for bringing in new members, being friendly would be nice. So is having your Kingdom to cater to specific people, such as TAC who likes complex Techs, or the Lemons who like big and artsy Techs.

TubaAssassin

Jul 28, 2017
As far as I know, you need at least 5 members so you can be an official Faction/League/Kingdom. That's basically it. :)

As for bringing in new members, being friendly would be nice. So is having your Kingdom to cater to specific people, such as TAC who likes complex Techs, or the Lemons who like big and artsy Techs.
As the name suggests, any tech built by FowlTec is going to be named after birds. If by "artsy" you mean more visually appealing than the average gun brick, then FowlTec's tech would fall under that tag. My plan is to do business with the other kingdoms and "Sell" these techs off to them, so they gotta look good, you know?

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
That's fair enough. :) So your main goal now is to get 4 more members. Make a thread in the Kingdoms subforum, under Ramblings. Once you have 5 members, call Saiwun, he'll give you a banner.

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
Starting a new Kingdom at this juncture prior to official moderated kingdom rules seems rather premature; I personally have been awaiting to see what multiplayer is like prior to becoming involved with any RP kingdom since as of now the RP aspect of kingdoms without the interface to "back it up" all seem somewhat trite.

That said, here is a clip which expresses my view fairly succinctly regarding all this "Kingdom Warfare"

TubaAssassin

Jul 28, 2017
Kingdoms have just gotten a whole lot more tense, so I advise caution on this choice.
No kidding. I witnessed that whole debacle with Boomik and GamerParish earlier today. Given everything that's happened, I think it would be best to hold off for now, maybe get everything more organized for the official startup.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
It's because people like to threaten other people. The Lemon and Kiwi Kingdom didn't have this sort of mess before, and we're the oldest ones existing.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
Some helpful advice to starting a successful Kingdom... Be me...
My "Kingdom", the IFTTES, was fully operational within a day of the thread being created...