Anti Grav Buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Lyons, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Lyons

Lyons Guess who's back. Back again

It leeches the power way too fast. I had two geocorp bats and one of them used them up in only a few minutes. It needs to use less power.

2. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Getting a permit to life in a jolly box

yeesss.i have built an aircraft aircraft carrier and when i have them on, it dies in round bout a minute. i have 6 mediums but i also have like 30geo batteries

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Time to add a silo full of Carbius and a mobile furnace generator with pacemaker set to Slow. I don't know, maybe this will spoil the sleek lines of your airspacecraft...?

4. Soviet_Samuelson

Or put it inside

5. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS

I can reduce the burn a little. It charges more energy for the more Blocks it has to affect. So adding batteries increases storage, but also adds to the weight and per cell burn too.

6. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Ah, interesting. So Venture batteries are massively more efficient for anti-grav techs, then? (If energy usage is by block weight.) Seeing as they are 1/3 the density per unit charge of the others.

#6 ZeroGravitas, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 5:32 PM
    Lord Zarnox and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  7. Falchoin

Falchoin Well-Known Member

So my question is, why use the anti-gravity blocks at all? Yes they’re easy to use, but unless the power drain is removed any thrustercraft or hoverbugged flyer will be much more combat viable. You really don’t want your very expensive airships falling out of the sky because they ran out of power...

And can we not have the purple tinting when it’s active?

8. Fehn

Fehn Medicinal M1A1 Abrams

I think the intent is that you can use it to lower the effective weight of your Tech, meaning that you need less wheels, props, or thrusters to go at a decent pace, and they can be turned on and off with the switch block.

Ground Techs can benefit from weighing less, but they don't always need to, so they have the option to turn them off.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  9. Falchoin

In my limited testing mass stays the same with anti-grav on so they do not affect speed.

10. Fehn

Fehn Medicinal M1A1 Abrams

Not mass, weight. It decreases the effect of gravity on the blocks in its area, meaning that you don't overload your wheels constantly.

11. Falchoin

If you want to reduce weight for ground vehicles, why not use hovers? They don’t drain power.

12. zanzistar

zanzistar PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Ok, I reduced the burn by 50%. Let me know how you get on after the next update.

13. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

I agree with this. I retrofitted two of the large anti-grav blocks onto my hover-bug Tech. It chewed through 6 Geocorp & 8 Hawkeye Batteries in less than 10 minutes. Sure It saves a lot of space, but it's not worth using it if your Tech will fall out of the sky shortly.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  14. Soviet_Samuelson

well weight doesnt have any effect on how fast objects fall, only the planet's gravity. this is halfing the equation for gravity, not weight or anything that simple

15. Soviet_Samuelson

their also vulnerable and unstable, especialy for pleasant looking small builds

16. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Weight is the direct result of gravity. If you were standing on the ground, and you halved gravity, you would still be falling at the exact same speed (0, because you are standing on the ground), but you would weigh half as much, so it takes half as much force to resist it compared to before. Weight is the force of gravity on an object, but it is also important to think about the normal force. For example, on the ISS, apparent weightlessness is ij effect (objects have weight, but relative to everything around them, they are all falling at the same rate, and don't experience the normal force from weight.

Fehn likes this.