Angled Tracks for Hills

Nerf Craft

Tracks are not very popular, because they are terrible for rough terrain and hills.They are shaped in a way that makes it difficult to get your tech started on a hill bu work okay once you're on it. So to help with hills and other terrain, I came up with the idea of angled tracks. There would be an angled version for each track type so those purists out there can keep the performance without sacrificing looks. So here are the details for the individual types of angle tracks.

Hawkeye angled track: The Hawkeye angle track would be 3 blocks tall, 3 blocks long and one block wide with a 45 degree angle for a smooth transition onto a hill. I would have three attach points on the top side as well as two on the back for more versatile placement.

GeoCorp angled track: Three blocks tall, four blocks long, and two blocks wide, this track would have a short straight section for one block before transitioning into a 45 degree angle. It would have 8 attach points on top, four on the top row of the left and right sides, and two on the back for linkage to a track segment behind it.

GSO angled track: This one is a little different because it scales differently. It would be 3 blocks long, two blocks tall and would be shaped similarly to the Better Future Stream Three Block Extender(I think that's the right one, will edit if wrong), with the smooth side being the bottom of the track and the attach points on the top being in the same places but no side attach points

Venture: Venture has two track types, and I don't remember which one is which, so they will be called large and small for easy remembering.
Large: Would be shaped similarly to the Hawkeye version but with attach points on the top row of the left and right sides.
Small: Would be two blocks tall, two blocks long and one block wide, at a 45 degree angle with attach points on the top and top row of the left and right sides.

What do you think? Should these happen, do the current ones need to change before this happens? Or can the current ones be changed after these are added? As always, feedback is very welcome!

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
This is a nice idea.

Due to issues with attach points on moving parts (why we can't have pivots/hinges ect) there wouldn't be any APs on the tracks itself. But it's not like there are any on existing tracks anyway or that you're even suggesting that, so this is kind of a moot point. Feel free to ignore this line. Seriously, why are you still reading? Stop! Okay this is getting weird. You win! I give up.

Rafs

Collecting the Infinity Terminals
Angled hovers too please, it will help a lot on a smooth transition to hills :)

Nerf Craft

This is a nice idea.

Due to issues with attach points on moving parts (why we can't have pivots/hinges ect) there wouldn't be any APs on the tracks itself. But it's not like there are any on existing tracks anyway or that you're even suggesting that, so this is kind of a moot point. Feel free to ignore this line. Seriously, why are you still reading? Stop! Okay this is getting weird. You win! I give up.
I never said the APs were on the tracks themselves, there would obviously be some sort of frame that houses the tracks, and the attach points would be on the frames!

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
I keep trying to sell the concept of Track blocks that look like the assorted Conveyor Blocks. Bretty much a use for the old Geo Corp Conveyor blocks.
1 flat, 1 angled, 1 outside90, one inside90. you really only need the first two, they should come with a four cylinder Spring/Shock absorber set. for ground flexibility. Call them Active Traction Tread blocks. You make them level 3 blocks (four, when the Deves decisde to add more corp levels) so the Don't immediately supersede the Existing Track blocks.

桂桃~

I hate how the tracks we have do not accommodate large land techs. Putting a bunch of tracks in a row looks bad as it is not one single consistent track.

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
I hate how the tracks we have do not accommodate large land techs. Putting a bunch of tracks in a row looks bad as it is not one single consistent track.
It's why I was going for a Modified Conveyor system. The track pattern goes on only one side of the piece, if you design it right they overlap enough to make them look like a contiguous set. You don't have to actually make a full loop so you can stack on armor blocks if you want for "Cosmetic" purposes.