Anchors - placing?

AdorableWolf

Jan 23, 2016
Hey.
I was curious if it is intended that if I have 2 anchors and one of them is attached to other via block, then temove first anchor->it destroys everything in small pieces. It looks cool to have multiple anchors when u make your base but if u remove one wrong block everything goes in small pieces. So I have to start again... I have 3 anchors and I destroyed everything by mistake when placing batteries :(

Sir Metaladon

Oct 15, 2015
This is a bug.
It's not intentional that they do this, and hopefully it will be fixed soon

AdorableWolf

Jan 23, 2016
Thanks for answer. There is no undo button when it happends to ur base :) It's kind of sad! I saw now one youtuber got wrecked whole base just by one little gso vehicle.. I know now how it feels.. :( I hope it will get some priority since it's big part of game to build a base.. using 20hours to make it.. got wrecked by one minute..

Gameslinx

Oct 19, 2015
A cab, stranded in deep space
Thanks for answer. There is no undo button when it happends to ur base :) It's kind of sad! I saw now one youtuber got wrecked whole base just by one little gso vehicle.. I know now how it feels.. :( I hope it will get some priority since it's big part of game to build a base.. using 20hours to make it.. got wrecked by one minute..
If need be, snapshot it when it is complete. If it gets blown up for whatever reason, at least you can buy it again. And also put the anchor in the centre and build the base outwards rather than the anchor in a corner :)

AdorableWolf

Jan 23, 2016
If need be, snapshot it when it is complete. If it gets blown up for whatever reason, at least you can buy it again. And also put the anchor in the centre and build the base outwards rather than the anchor in a corner :)
Well.. Yeah-> I'm trying to cover main anchor and connect so good as I can.. but sometimes even little fail or little enemy spawned in base can take it down when u are doing something else meanwhile :)

To snap I have to add ofc a cab, right? (Will it anchor by itself after spawn?)

Ya heard anything about this? I mean.. u think they gonna to do something with that, I don't want to bother them again and again and again.. and I was abscent some time..

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
Can we get a snapshot and a step-by-step guide to how to make this happen please? We can track down a fix :)

ArmchairGravy

Aug 28, 2015
Can we get a snapshot and a step-by-step guide to how to make this happen please? We can track down a fix :)
1. Place anchor block and add blocks to it. (Anchor block with cab was placed 1st.)
2. Attach second anchor block.
20160930140740_1.jpg
3. Remove a block from the chain.
20160930140754_1.jpg

I don't think this is a bug, so much as a feature of "root part". It would be nice if other anchor blocks would stay anchored, regardless if they are a root part.

Rockfarmer

Aug 27, 2015
I have had the same things happen, and I decided to look into it - I've figured out how to manipulate the anchor points to shift them around, so you can decide which block is your "anchor" (can be ANY block on the build). I will post a video in the bug section shortly (uploading now), because I encountered another bug at the same time.

Basically, you can trick the game and set a desired block as the anchor point. I expect this will get fixed.

/Rock