An idea for resource stabilization

big_loo99

Попьём чайку)
Dec 7, 2019
Ukraine, Odessa
What if using resource gatherers as inventory.
And coming up to the receiver, they will drop out of the collector (inventory) on the conveyor already as a 3D model.
That is, you can use the receiver to take resources out of the collector's inventory. And add a menu for collectors, when you right-click the mouse will open a menu with an inventory of resources. You can also use this inventory system for the Warehouse

sorry of my english..

This would probably be best posted in the suggestions and feedback forum.

If I’m understanding the idea right, it sounds like it could have some potential.

Reactions: harpo99999

totally anonymous

Anonymous account for anonymous suggestion spammin
Feb 10, 2021
In an anonymous world of anonymous
I think that this would work very well with better future, almost as a "virtual" resource(cough cough NFTS), able to be converted into a "real" resource via BF converters. This could be stored in designated memory "silos," and losing all of the data when power is removed. However, this removes the need for conveyors, allowing for faster building and crafting.

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
It does also clash with some of the original intent of silos just as is. What if instead of an accessible inventory, they had a UI that switched between capture/release modes?

Having resources stored in the way you suggest does many great favors for the game. Like internal silos (another idea suggested in the past and as I hear has been modded in too), it removes the task of rendering every single resource chunk on the tech. The collectors can have a stack-based data structure for storing the resource chunk info, and when in release mode, they simply pop off all the resources in their stack. A max stack size can still be implemented for game balancing and RAM preservation.

For players, this storage method is extremely helpful in that techs no longer are threatened by the dreaded resource-lift bug, don’t have resources hanging in places where weapon fire can send them flying, and don’t put resources in other places where they have historically caused issues (I cite a time I had issues with resources on an underside collector tilting my hovercraft).

All around, internally stored resource chunks are just better for the game.

big_loo99

Попьём чайку)
Dec 7, 2019
Ukraine, Odessa
It does also clash with some of the original intent of silos just as is. What if instead of an accessible inventory, they had a UI that switched between capture/release modes?

Having resources stored in the way you suggest does many great favors for the game. Like internal silos (another idea suggested in the past and as I hear has been modded in too), it removes the task of rendering every single resource chunk on the tech. The collectors can have a stack-based data structure for storing the resource chunk info, and when in release mode, they simply pop off all the resources in their stack. A max stack size can still be implemented for game balancing and RAM preservation.

For players, this storage method is extremely helpful in that techs no longer are threatened by the dreaded resource-lift bug, don’t have resources hanging in places where weapon fire can send them flying, and don’t put resources in other places where they have historically caused issues (I cite a time I had issues with resources on an underside collector tilting my hovercraft).

All around, internally stored resource chunks are just better for the game.
That's what I'd like to see in the game itself. Would be very useful in the co-op!)