Altitude button

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lyons, Dec 5, 2017 at 10:39 PM.

1. Lyons

Lyons Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Kebab Kingdom IFTTES

How about a button that you press and if you have fans pointing upward that have enough force to lift it up you can freeze the tech on that altitude. This would allow flying bases and a lot more.

2. Fehn

Fehn Well-Known Member IFTTES

I was thinking more like a spatial anchor

3. Lyons

Maybe I was thinking this so you could still kind of move

4. Fehn

Fehn Well-Known Member IFTTES

But how could we craft things if we're unanchored?

5. Lyons

That is the point to make it so these aren't completely overpowered and an incentive to make a ground base too

6. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member Canary Most Ingenious

A hover mode (altitude control/lock) is planned for the fabled control update sometime later (please not just before 1.0....please).

I would like to be able to make a sky base with full base (crafting) functionality only once we get upgraded (removal of the stasis effect when certain distance away from players and routines/programming) and flying AI (whenever that will be.....if at all :() to help with repairs and fabrication of techs for defense and whatnot (if they would roam or even have random base attacks/raids).

Would still need to go dirt-side to gather materials for either fabrication (you can buy the RBs but that requires...) or income, and with auto-miners now clipping immune, they will be much more permanent so you will still have grounded bases.

Lyons and Legionite like this.
  7. Lyons

I feel the only time they should make "air anchoring" is when their can be planes in campaign. This would make it a lot more fair

8. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member Canary Most Ingenious

Sadly it's low on the list like with the control update due to lack of coders for the work. So the flying bases will be far into the future too.

9. Pink Kitty

Pink Kitty Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

And yet it would be easy-ish to do without code. Just make a 'Floating Fortress™' Block.
    A 4x4x1 heavy hover pad that has a height of 100 or so.
    Done.

Even better if it uses power.
    Then you can only stay on your floating base, if you keep feeding it fuel.

Bøømik likes this.
  10. reaperx1

reaperx1 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary Dancing Tech ReaperX - Old Banners

I would love to have altitude control for choppers especially, but the floating bases would be pretty amazing as well.
    I hope this happens sooner than later.

Have a good one [8D)