Allow us to choose our preloaded Creative Mode techs.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by AstraTheDragon, Aug 11, 2018.

?

Opinion?

1. Yay

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Needs refining

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

I have never liked the preloaded techs in Creative Mode and I would hands-down vote to remove them. However, seeing as how that's unlikely to happen, I would at least like to be able to choose my own.

For working on the wiki, I've been using a base that I can check block prices and recipes at easily and I've also been needing to to fly off to different biomes. It would make this task easier if I could preload a plane and this base. (And don't try to convince me there's already a plane there, it's so unbalanced I don't think it's worth the title.)

I know the techs there are for demonstrative purposes but I consider after having spent a couple of months playing TT and dabbling with MultiTechs and Airships that I'm a reasonably well-versed builder. I don't need techs contributing towards lag to teach me how to build at a level I have far surpassed, because I consider all techs that are preloaded to be worse than mediocre.

Granted, they may have some limited use to teach the most basic of players the most basic of strategies but that's why I'm suggesting to have the ability to change them (implying that they first existed.) Of course, as an addition to this thought, removal wouldn't be much more hassle I guess.

ZeroGravitas and BenBacon like this.
  2. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

If you're mostly using creative for testing couldn't you create a new save, remove the techs you don't want, import the techs you do want then save it. Then when you want to test something just load that save up and re-save under a new name.

ZeroGravitas and AstraTheDragon like this.
  3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I see no reason there can't be another tick box for "Example Techs" when you make a new creative mode world. As there is for enabling enemies. Trivially simple compared with making a new interface for selecting and placing your own default techs.:)

Plug for the feedback thread I made on this topic when they were first added: https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...dback-new-creative-mode-starting-techs.16569/

Galrex and AstraTheDragon like this.