Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Naah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
This used to be possible, loading in techs that had missing or unavailable blocks. But now it is not. I think it might be good to re-implement this
  • Give players the ability to load a tech in campaign although they may be missing anything that may be unnecessary to the tech
  • Techs using R&D blocks may not depend on them for functionality, which could be frustrating for people without it who want to use a specific tech
  • Modded blocks used to actually work fine before if missing, but now will refuse to permit loading a tech when not present
Note:
  • The prior system simply did not load any blocks that were connected only through whatever was missing.
    • It might be good to leave some kind of floating message that parts of the tech may be missing

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
You have a good point. Recently i build a drone, that contains a single block from R&D, and it has no use to people who dont want to transport the drone on a mobile tech. Now i feel bad for people who dont have R&D, but also im too lazy to go and remove the block. I hope that soon we will be able to load techs with missing blocks by simply not loading the missing blocks

Captain Load

I too would like some kind of solution for this. I like the idea of being able to auto-buy the blocks needed if you have an active terminal nearby, and if their not all in stock maybe the tech loads without the missing blocks. Any missing bits that are needed to connect other blocks could be replaced by GSO 1-blocks, maybe even with some kind of special skin to make them stand out. Perhaps it could look like a bandage.

Last edited:

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
The only problem I see is how the "Spawn in" function determines which missing blocks go where.
Sequential placement by build order? Random Placment?
The possibility exist for an unattached section of a tech to fall off and break apart if a critical block is missing.

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
The loading function actually already deals with this in an adequate way - any blocks now not attached don't generate (although code may be needed to stop them from being subtracted from the inventory.) This behaviour has been seen in loading techs with non-existent blocks in that game version and also in loading techs with modded blocks in unmodded clients.