All My Game Saves Are Gone!??!?!?! pls help

OtsoBear

i bought terra tech yesterday from steam and played it for 11 hours and today when i opened it all my saves are gone?!?
What Do i Do??

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey, sorry to hear that. I've moved you post from "Open" to this bug reporting section, to trying and figure out what's going on.

What OS you on? Windows 10?

Are you able to look in the directory where the game stores the saves to see what's going on?: "C:\Users\[Windows_User]\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\[big number]\Saves" Is it using this standard directory? Do you have full access, etc?

I presume you've not changed the version of TerraTech to the unstable? And you've not disabled Steam cloud sync?

You could provide more information for the QA team, as described here. And you could check out the dev's troubleshooting FAQ to see if tere's any other things there that might help you.

OtsoBear

yes i can look into the files and i the campaing save if is empty
and im on windows10
yes i have full access
what else do u need of information?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
yes i can look into the files and i the campaing save if is empty
So there's no save files in any of the folders in the directory I asked you to look in?

But is that folder in that same exact location I stated? I mean, do you have a non-typical storage location for it? As was the problem in this thread: https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...ves-fail-with-remote-documents-folders.17188/

You could try starting a new campaign game, saving it immediately and seeing if a file is created in that directory. It might be helpful to let us know this. And if it is created, you could copy the file to a second location, while the game is still running, to ensure it won't be lost again.

Also, are you using Windows as an administrator account?

Also, are you sure there is on anti-malware software blocking the game from making files?

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Question, did you remember to Whitelist it in your Anti-malware?
Did you set permission to allow TT to read/write to your document folder?

I had this problem with Bit Defender, and Windows Defender blocking changes to the Document folder until I went through the Whitelisting and permissions.