AI plane

Faxtroid

Aug 29, 2015
So I was jus messing around with gyros and built ..

Bob The Biker

It is fun and crazy Tech, but very hard to go uphill (I dare you to try :D ), then I created..

Bradley The Blur

Fast two wheeled scout, gets over 100mph, climbing mountains much easier. It started to glide when I jumped from mountains to salt flats.. so why not add some wings?

Flynn The Flyer

This "plane" is very easy to control and if you have enough of height, you can fly in reverse!(Actually I think it can even take off and fly in reverse :D ) almost always goes slightly up and no need to hold SHIFT, only forward. Glides like a glove. This is the easiest flying thing I've ever created in this game so far.

Then it hit me like a train.. What if I put AI on it and let it follow me? If it doesn't use SHIFT for propellers and such things..could it ..fly?
I tried to make AI follow me in the air with propellers and other stuff in the past, but no luck at all...
But this guy actually did it!

AI Plane

Behold The Flying AI!

I was flying around with my new friend friend for several ingame days now :D, sometimes he crashes if you get suddenly behind him and he's close to the ground, but other than that, he's fairly good pilot. Just make sure you have enough space to takeoff and land :D

edit:
But what about more than one?

They dont even crast to each other(only on ground:rolleyes:)

Almost like they want to fly in formation :cool:

Let's try more..

Hard to get them together after random takeoffs :D

But after while we're all together :cool:

Gracefully floating through the wilderness..

And floated happily ever after:D
(It was hard to get three of those to the air, always tangeled together :D)

Last edited:

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
So I was jus messing around with gyros and built ..

Bob The Biker

It is fun and crazy Tech, but very hard to go uphill (I dare you to try :D ), then I created..

Bradley The Blur

Fast two wheeled scout, gets over 100mph, climbing mountains much easier. It started to glide when I jumped from mountains to salt flats.. so why not add some wings?

Flynn The Flyer

This "plane" is very easy to control and if you have enough of height, you can fly in reverse!(Actually I think it can even take off and fly in reverse :D ) almost always goes slightly up and no need to hold SHIFT, only forward. Glides like a glove. This is the easiest flying thing I've ever created in this game so far.

Then it hit me like a train.. What if I put AI on it and let it follow me? If it doesn't use SHIFT for propellers and such things..could it ..fly?
I tried to make AI follow me in the air with propellers and other stuff in the past, but no luck at all...
But this guy actually did it!

AI Plane

Behold The Flying AI!

I was flying around with my new friend friend for several ingame days now :D, sometimes he crashes if you get suddenly behind him and he's close to the ground, but other than that, he's fairly good pilot. Just make sure you have enough space to takeoff and land :D

edit:
But what about more than one?

They dont even crast to each other(only on ground:rolleyes:)

Almost like they want to fly in formation :cool:

Let's try more..

Hard to get them together after random takeoffs :D

But after while we're all together :cool:

Gracefully floating through the wilderness..

And floated happily ever after:D
(It was hard to get three of those to the air, always tangeled together :D)
Yes! This is amazing! I must try this for myself!

Reactions: reaperx1

Faxtroid

Aug 29, 2015
I didn't expect such a success, thanks guys :) I can't wait for tonight's stream now :D

Squiggy

Jun 2, 2016
I've been trying to make a flying AI, but have failed miserably. But now I now how. I'll try not to copy you, but I might on accident.

Faxtroid

Aug 29, 2015
The one from the first post doesn't, it can't get from the ground, it is too slow. This one flies :
AI Plane v3.png

But beware:

- If you press left or right on the ground while in control, it does weird flips and stuff :D
- If you want him to follow you, you have to align him behind your plane before takeof..otherwise he'll do flips mentioned above :D (also you must act fast or he starts flipping off :D )
- Now AI doesn't go full speed at all, so plane is actually much faster when you're flying it. The one from first post(venture 5-way steering all around) is just slightly faster than this in AIs hands.
- IMPORTANT: If you leave it on Idle, thanks to AIs "Anxiety problem", it will just jump away if he has a space to do so :D:D:D

I made it in old save originally from 0.6.2.2 or something like that, because I don't have R&D and I have no luck for venture missions for some time now.

Reactions: Exund

Faxtroid

Aug 29, 2015
@Sylver Thanks, I'm no genius, but I am surprised that no one has ever tried this :D
I would say that this one now works better that the old one before in 0.6.2. It't very bad on the ground though, when following, he just jumps around you all the time :D I'll add video later when it's done.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Now i think about this : if the Friendly AI can Fly , Could the Ennemy AI Fly with this plane???

I saw on community core Streams that devs can spawn techs as ennemies too so Could you try? of if its already done does it fly?
In theory they should be able to, but only the dev's have the power to test that unfortunetely.

Have a good one

Anthand1

Aug 8, 2016
When air to surface weapons come into the game, air raids will become possible with these flying AI designs.

Vaculity

Jul 9, 2016
Text are gonna be in white for those who doesn't know about Hawkeye Introduction in Story Mode.

Kinda surprise you did this before they introduced Hawkeye into unstable. The way it flew before it crash shows us the first time an AI (created by others, but not by here) could fly. Too bad its severely damaged to the point you can't even see it in action properly.