Aerion Is Landing! (Aerion Blocks Thread)

Violet Scarelli

Jan 9, 2017
Oh hey guess what-

Finally, it's here. Aerion has touched down in Terratech with the Nebula Cab, One Block, Large Block (not pictured), Regolith Wheel, and Nova Pulsegun!
1592097691871.png
Trello link: https://trello.com/b/h22drsX2/aerion-planned-blocks
A heads up: don't expect an Aerion-themed heal bubble, because all Aerion blocks can heal themselves by default. Also, the cab has an RTG built in. So there is that.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
Nice. Looks a lot like the RR concept art.

What is their role in the game?

Violet Scarelli

Jan 9, 2017
Nice. Looks a lot like the RR concept art.

What is their role in the game?
They're meant to fill the role of an end-game corp like BF, but more focused on stuff that's actually worth the money, as well as having some of the highest durability of any corp.

Reactions: Aardvark123

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
They're meant to fill the role of an end-game corp like BF, but more focused on stuff that's actually worth the money, as well as having some of the highest durability of any corp.
But that does not tell me their role.
You described HE. But without mentioning guns. They have the toughest blocks per cube.
Tough? How are they diffeent from HE?

GSO: complete. Naff.
GC: tough. Mining.
HE: Battle.
Venture: scouts.
BF: Hovers and flyers.
Aerion: ???

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
I do believe Aerion is based off of this thread they made
Thanks. But it's the same basic issue that i mentioned on that thread: What does this corp do, that another does not do already?
Seems to be basically GC, with a few blocks thrown in from other corps.

Violet Scarelli

Jan 9, 2017
Thanks. But it's the same basic issue that i mentioned on that thread: What does this corp do, that another does not do already?
Seems to be basically GC, with a few blocks thrown in from other corps.
That's a good point. I'm planning to develop it into a twin-scale system: small blocks for harvesters, and large blocks for motherships. It's meant to be more complete and focused on mobile bases than GC (mobile delivery cannons and more hover systems), less expensive than BF (the blocks actually do as much as their price tag suggests), slightly more durable than HE (blocks have regenerative systems built in), and overall focused on being able to collect, process, store and refine vast amounts of material.

Reactions: cheesewic

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019
That's a good point. I'm planning to develop it into a twin-scale system: small blocks for harvesters, and large blocks for motherships. It's meant to be more complete and focused on mobile bases than GC (mobile delivery cannons and more hover systems), less expensive than BF (the blocks actually do as much as their price tag suggests), slightly more durable than HE (blocks have regenerative systems built in), and overall focused on being able to collect, process, store and refine vast amounts of material.
See, that's different. IF all the blocks have a small amount of regeneration, that would be cool.

As to the blocks, i'd suggest something a little different.
There's no need for two scales of blocks.
You can get that by mixing HE and GC blocks.
Better to leave that to those corps.

I'd suggest a series of large, shaped blocks.
Kinda like the BF streamlined blocks, and the RR chassis blocks.
And some long slim girders.
Expensive, tough, and light.

That would give you something different.
And the low regen.