Activate Everything - At the same time

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
Executive Summary: Could we please have a block that enables all the Shields, Repair & Solar Panels to activate simultaneously.

The larger your tech gets, the longer it takes to power up, this "waiting time" can be rather detrimental especially when the enemy is trying to tear me a new structurally superfluous exhaust port.

It would also make invaders harder to deal with as you will no longer be able to get in those few cheap shots as they spawn ;)

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Executive Summary: Could we please have a block that enables all the Shields, Repair & Solar Panels to activate simultaneously.

The larger your tech gets, the longer it takes to power up, this "waiting time" can be rather detrimental especially when the enemy is trying to tear me a new structurally superfluous exhaust port.

It would also make invaders harder to deal with as you will no longer be able to get in those few cheap shots as they spawn ;)
Hmm.. how would balancing this go out though?

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
Hmm.. how would balancing this go out though?
Good Question: To me, I would not have thought it would need any balancing - however, just because I can not see an imbalance, doesn't mean it does not exist. Hence why these forums are a good place to discuss ideas :)

My thoughts, If it makes invaders much tougher - I am all for it. I personally think they are under powered at this point in time.

The only place where I can think that it would upset the balance is multiplayer - but I have not spent enough hours in that area to make a decent assessment. But if if a "Activate All" block would case a problem in multiplayer, restrict the block to campaign only.

ARES IV

One possible issues could be that all bubbles drain a lot of power on startup. In the case of the GSO shield generator, it requires 2.5 energy per second to maintain but 100 to start up - or 40 times the amount. This could be problematic for techs that dont have a huge battery capacity as their current generation might not be sufficient for so many start ups at the same time. The current one by one startup does not overburden the system as long as generation is above single startup + maintaining the bubbles already active.

I dont mind the idea but I would prefer we get additional bubbles instead to reduce the need for bubble spam on larger techs.

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
One possible issues could be that all bubbles drain a lot of power on startup. In the case of the GSO shield generator, it requires 2.5 energy per second to maintain but 100 to start up - or 40 times the amount. This could be problematic for techs that dont have a huge battery capacity as their current generation might not be sufficient for so many start ups at the same time. The current one by one startup does not overburden the system as long as generation is above single startup + maintaining the bubbles already active.

I dont mind the idea but I would prefer we get additional bubbles instead to reduce the need for bubble spam on larger techs.
The small problem is that the most effective bubble, the Venture one, is the smallest, though most people use the Hawkeye one anyways

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
Your your views - what is the disadvantage if all Shields / Repair / Panels activate at the same time.
Only reason why I ask is that i can not see the imbalance it causes. (Probably because of how I play the game)