About the planet...

P

Pink Kitty

So, here's a question:

The planet that we are puttering around on, is it a specific planet?

Or is the environment meant to be 'one planet, of many?'

Is our seed sending us to a new planet, or a different part of the same planet?

Also, at some point, can we have some control over the day/night length, and the biomes on the planet?
Even if it's just a thing to control the biomes.
Like 70% desert, 10% mountains, 10% grass, 10% salt
and to control the size of the biomes.

I would prefer bigger biomes, with less patchwork.
IT would give bigger 'feel' i think.

FightBiscuit

May 6, 2016
Germany
I can`t asnwer you the first 3 Questions :(

It would be very cool to decide if I want to start on a desert or grassland planet. But first concentrate on bew Biomes

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
I second the bigger biomes. Adds an exploration factor to the game, especially once new biomes are added.

The other things remind me of MystCraft, albeit very basic. It would be nice to have, but it seems like quite a bit of work for what isn't really that much, or what probably wouldn't be used much. Definitely a post 1.0 thing.

ilikegoodfood

Oct 9, 2014
United Kingdom
Personally I've always imagined that each Seed was a unique planet, although different parts could also be true, depending on the maximum world-size of a save.
Even if that was the case, only a relatively small number of seeds would fit per world, so some would still be other worlds.

P

Pink Kitty

Personally I've always imagined that each Seed was a unique planet, although different parts could also be true, depending on the maximum world-size of a save.
Even if that was the case, only a relatively small number of seeds would fit per world, so some would still be other worlds.
Exactly.

Also GSO isn't very 'galactic' if there's only one planet explored, besides earth, or if we are all on one planet.
Not that it really matters, but it does change how i feel about the game.

Like the idea of remote-controlled cabs. doesn't make a lot of gameplay difference, but it does mean that you aren't murdering people when you blow stuff up.