Ability to remove warnings in forum

Should we have the ability to get rid of warnings over time?

• Yes! They could have let a word slip accidentially! Shouldn't blame them for life!

• No, they did it to themselves. We shouldn't give them a hard way out

• I've never been warned before, so I have no preference

Results are only viewable after voting.

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
Well, some people have warnings in here. For example, grayswandir has 2 warnings. But he hasn't gained another one sense. Maybe we can have it so if you don't do anything bad for 2 weeks, it will get rid of 1 warning. This way its like getting grounded. If you get grounded from TT (MY WORST NIGHTMARE) for 2 weeks, after two weeks you can get it back. But if you do something worse. The punishment could be no Minecraft and TT for 4 weeks. After 2 weeks you get TT back, but you still lost minecraft

What I'm trying to say is maybe you can get rid of warnings over time?

Gameslinx

Oct 19, 2015
A cab, stranded in deep space
The point of a warning is to make sure that someone isn't going to do that specific offence again. Allowing people to quickly / easily get out of the warning system (say, by posting a certain amount of messages or receiving enough likes) doesn't encourage them to stop offending the rules. In this case, I have to disagree because it doesn't benefit either the devs or the person who is warned.

I guess the case is to just avoid doing actions that will warrant a warning :D

(also thanks :) )

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
The point of a warning is to make sure that someone isn't going to do that specific offence again. Allowing people to quickly / easily get out of the warning system (say, by posting a certain amount of messages or receiving enough likes) doesn't encourage them to stop offending the rules. In this case, I have to disagree because it doesn't benefit either the devs or the person who is warned.

I guess the case is to just avoid doing actions that will warrant a warning :D

(also thanks :) )
So you like that warnings stay permanent? If that is a case, why would person with warning even care... all that takes are 5 minutes to make new account and start posting again. But if warnings are temporary, like two weeks for level that @GamerParrish suggested, maybe person would like to keep actual account.

Reactions: GamerParrish

Gameslinx

Oct 19, 2015
A cab, stranded in deep space
So you like that warnings stay permanent? If that is a case, why would person with warning even care... all that takes are 5 minutes to make new account and start posting again. But if warnings are temporary, like two weeks for level that @GamerParrish suggested, maybe person would like to keep actual account.
I didn't mean it in that way, sorry.
As said above by Senorragequit, the devs decide when your warning is over. I don't support permanent warnings, I support that there should not be an easy way to dismiss it (such as getting a certain amount of likes).

PS: if you made a new account, you would be found out since Moderators can see your IP and detect that you're bypassing your warning...

Reactions: Jamie

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
@Jamie already gave the Devs statement:

"Your warning level will be lowered once we feel you have had enough time to calm down, or you show a positive improvement with your posts."

So:
  1. Be good
  2. Wait
It's that simple.
You crossed the street on wrong place... go to jail... be good... wait until judge decide you had enough... it's that simple.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
I didn't mean it in that way, sorry.
As said above by Senorragequit, the devs decide when your warning is over. I don't support permanent warnings, I support that there should not be an easy way to dismiss it (such as getting a certain amount of likes).
GamerParrish is talking about time limits, not easy way out.
EDIT, sorry for double post, I posted and after update I saw one more comment.
(I hate double posts)

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
all that takes are 5 minutes to make new account and start posting again.
We can track that. We ban the new accounts too.
You crossed the street on wrong place... go to jail... be good... wait until judge decide you had enough... it's that simple.
Maybe spend this time to think about why your warning level hasn't been reduced...instead of complaining about it not being reduced.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
Maybe spend this time to think about why your warning level hasn't been reduced...instead of complaining about it not being reduced.
I have few ideas, but I think that are not in line with what you think. So if you please can tell me what I should not do, so I can "correct" my behavior. Please quote all post where I shows my misbehavior after I got warring that actually make you not to reconsider lowering warring level. Otherwise I can not start "behaving" good, as I have no idea what do you expect from me.

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
To be honest, I am more on his side. It has been a few weeks now, and I haven't seen much bad from him since the incident, outside of this conversation. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, though.

It seems reasonable to me for someone to be annoyed that they haven't gotten their warning removed when they stopped doing wrong, especially since it means he can't make new topics. I have also seen elsewhere that he has had a lot of topics he has been wanting to make, particularly suggestions and bug reports. I think a warning should last a week at most, maybe more depending on the warning level.

Though, regarding the topic itself, I don't think there should be a hard limit for warnings. They shouldn't last forever, but the length should be decided for each case.

Last edited:

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
As @Jamie is away now for Insomnia 60, I'm going to jump in in his absence and downgrade @NGreyswandir to a lower warning level based on reviewing his recent posts.

For everyone, if you're given a warning banner, you should also receive a private message explaining what the warning was for. If you aren't told, then please message me (or Jamie when he's back).