A switchable throttle/clutch on Rotors

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Sep 9, 2017
Tír na nÓg
I would like if the inverse could be true for propellers too so that just the same as a Hawkeye Rotor could be used as a plane propeller, a Venture Pinwheel could have throttle without needing a throttled propeller/Linear Motion Engine already existing. I'd imagine it would be simplest if in the schema menu, axes could be set to 'throttled' or 'clutch' which would affect all propellers acting on that axis. I always thought it was a bit needless to require an expensive end-game item (Linear Motion Engines) to set throttled input in small vehicles.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
I'd imagine it would be simplest if in the schema menu, axes could be set to 'throttled' or 'clutch' which would affect all propellers acting on that axis.
Yup and yup:
Thrust throttling:

This system feels more incomplete and a work in progress.

(14) Please, please give a manual override option to enable and disable throttling control, per axis.

The vast majority of my hovering aircraft don't use the HE rotors (or linear engines), and I want to have this option for them.

(15) Implement a way to immediately max and zero the throttle on an axis. I'd suggest double tapping the key for that direction.

It would probably be good to be able to save a balance point along the line, but a luxury, by comparison.