A super unreasonable, but ludicrously awesome, idea (IMO)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Dr_Elegance, Sep 8, 2018.

?

Would you like to see this?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dr_Elegance

Dr_Elegance New Member

So, my first post on the TerraTech forum is a suggestion. A really crazy suggestion.

My suggestion is space travel. Now, I know this seems kinda nuts, but hear me out. My idea is separated into a couple of stages.
    It's starts way late in the game, like, after you've got nearly max grade in each corporation. Once you get to this point, you get a mission for traveling to the orbit of your current planet. You come here to mine asteroids to get special space-proof materials for a special tech. Once you come back down to the planet, you use these space rocks to build rocket ship parts. Once you build this rocket (which should be, like, crazy expensive), you can take off past your orbit and get into space.
    You can go to other planets in the solar system to get even stronger materials from more hazardous planets. You can use these super space rocks to build a tougher and more powerful rocket. This will allow you more long distance travel to other solar systems in the galaxy.
    Once you do this you get super-mega-awesome space rocks (Yes, I went that far) you can get back on the ground and start getting even more nuts. You can use the materials you've found to build more powerful techs with stronger weapons and blocks. You can use this as just stupid fun by destroying everything. Other techs will level with you so it's not so overpowered.
    In conclusion, I feel like this could benefit the endgame of TerraTech. Especially since multiplayer has been added. Playing with friends and getting to that point could make for a really great, I guess, party game. So yeah, that was my idea.

P.S. Sorry for wasting your time with reading if you didn't like the idea.

2. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

Apparently space is planned in TT 2.0

I know somebody else said so, and I'd love to quote them, but I'm lazy and can't be bothered to take a look, even a very unthorough one.

3. Lyons

Lyons Guess who's back. Back again

I also suggested this

4. Dr_Elegance

Dr_Elegance New Member

Oh, sorry. I didn't know.

5. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

Hah

Lyons has suggested everything, it seems...

JimmyBlether likes this.
  6. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

The logic is backwards... not yours OP but that of the game.

In the game you land on an alien planet to gather resources for a resource starved Earth, you then shoot these resources by the resource cannon into orbit and we can assume back to Earth. The sill thing is it should be much easier to gather said resources in space to start with, making the whole getting into a gravity well (and back out) pointless. It's also means you could rename the game Space Engineers...

But we're on a planet, it is stupid to be sending small chunks of resource into space; and if you get into crafting you tend not to send very much anyway. I'd far rather see the "terrestrial" game expanded and made more interesting than branching off into an entirely different medium for merely adding longevity to the end game. By all means adding a mechanic that would allow you to leap to a new planet, with or without your existing inventory. Making that an end goal of the game sure. But not actually expanding the actual play into space itself. Stick to what the game actually does quite well.

Seth_Seth and Sokolov like this.
  7. Dr_Elegance

Dr_Elegance New Member

You make a lot of sense and I see where you're coming from. I agree that the terrestrial game should be expanded and focused on, but it's always fun to come up with wackjob ideas. Thanks for the post, man.

Sokolov likes this.
  8. Lyons

Not everything but I suggested this a long time ago. I remember because everybody slammed the idea into the dirt

9. Lyons

I think a cool idea would be less space travel and more just space. You could make a really cool mission to introduce this. Make it so at the press of a button it switches you to your space base. Your space base you have all your spaceships which would use new propulsion systems hopefully. Them you could fly in zero gravity and mine stuff and hopefully find and battle other giant bases. It would be cool with no gravity. Probably would have a medium difficulty to program. I am no programmer but this would be way easier to program then the world we have now sense it would have no ground and no gravity. It would just keep going and have some asteroids maybe.

Dr_Elegance and Sokolov like this.