A Smattering of Suggestions

xidus933

These are just some random wants and ideas that have been kicking around in my head.

• Throttle Notches -- potentially in the form of a control block, it would set user-defined values for desirable throttle levels on each axis. When raising or lowering the throttle on each specific axis, it would 'stick' for a second or two at the defined levels before continuing to increase/decrease.

• Boresight Laser Pointers -- Basically just the Hawkeye Laser Targeting in a fixed orientation as opposed to its current turreted version. Personally, I use them quite a bit on flying/hovering harvesters to create targeting reticles for the mining plasma cutters. I'm sure other people can find uses for them, perhaps as pointers on their multi-tech turrets.

• Manual Target Designation -- a player tech equipped with a Hawkeye Laser Targeting would gain the ability to manually designate targets for its turreted weapons to focus on, by clicking on the enemy tech. This would help players concentrate on bigger threats in multi-tech engagements. Provide better communication during the tutorial that manual target designation is an existing feature.

• The 'N' on the North compass point shouldn't be italicized -- makes it kinda confusing when using the compass to navigate.

• Geocorp should have an autominer -- seems pretty weird to think that a corporation focused almost entirely on mining and resource extraction doesn't have an auto-miner at all, much less a higher-grade one than that offered by GSO. It could take the form of an upright derrick or drilling rig, probably 4x4x8 lwh -- to balance it out by making it unwieldy for mounting on player techs -- and work at 150% to 200% speed of the GSO auto-miner.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, I'll probably post replies here with more ideas as they come to me.

Last edited:

xidus933

Press middle mouse to lock target
...welp. I saw the target indicator in older videos but figured it was just an old sprite design. I never saw anything in the game to tell me that I could pick targets -- I even fired up a new campaign to check the tutorial. Editing post accordingly.

xidus933

Another suggestion: In the R&D chamber, the "return to checkpoint" button should be moved to the far right end of the button panel. I keep hitting it by accident because it occupies the spot normally reserved for the "Load Tech" button.