A new weapon suggestion thing and second post because I posted my first in the wrong place

Should this be a thing

• Total voters

Cloud

Sep 20, 2017
On a tree
I was thinking. <A dangerous past-time I know
The battery system in TT. It's drained/filled by wireless chargers, and used by shield and repair bubbles.
But I noticed one specific thing that, in my opinion, was missing. A weapon that drains it off of enemy techs.
Said weapon would fire power-sapping bolts at Techs, dealing no actual damage, but draining the power off the enemy tech. A direct hit on one of the batteries themselves would drain much more. Sort of like a ranged mini EMP. I would expect it to be in HE, grade 3, since in the missions they give you, it seems they are mostly focused on lowering population and ETC. So, something that weakens the population needing to be cut down to size would be nice.

StyngerKyd

Oct 6, 2017
I was thinking. <A dangerous past-time I know
The battery system in TT. It's drained/filled by wireless chargers, and used by shield and repair bubbles.
But I noticed one specific thing that, in my opinion, was missing. A weapon that drains it off of enemy techs.
Said weapon would fire power-sapping bolts at Techs, dealing no actual damage, but draining the power off the enemy tech. A direct hit on one of the batteries themselves would drain much more. Sort of like a ranged mini EMP. I would expect it to be in HE, grade 3, since in the missions they give you, it seems they are mostly focused on lowering population and ETC. So, something that weakens the population needing to be cut down to size would be nice.
I like this, as it's not too overpowered like these ideas usually are, mostly because it doesn't actually give you the power back. That makes it much more reasonable, in addition to the fact that you need to get a direct hit on the batteries for it to work well. All in all I think this is a good idea.

Cloud

Sep 20, 2017
On a tree
I like this, as it's not too overpowered like these ideas usually are, mostly because it doesn't actually give you the power back. That makes it much more reasonable, in addition to the fact that you need to get a direct hit on the batteries for it to work well. All in all I think this is a good idea.
Someone actually said they like one of my suggestions. I'm going to go have a party.

P

Pink Kitty

power-using weapons are planned. Largely for Reticule Research.

But, that is gonna take code time, and that's in short supply right now.

Cloud

Sep 20, 2017
On a tree
I wasn't saying it would use power, but maybe that could be arranged.
EDIT: Hold on! A power draining weapon that drains power from your own Tech?! disagree

Last edited:
Reactions: StyngerKyd
P

Pink Kitty

Weapons that drain power from enemies are also planned.

Currently, power only drives shields, so there's not much point. This can be done by shooting.
But if your batteries/shields get a boost too, that's good too.

Still needs phoenix feathers code time, though.

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Weapons that drain power from enemies are also planned.

Currently, power only drives shields, so there's not much point. This can be done by shooting.
But if your batteries/shields get a boost too, that's good too.

Still needs phoenix feathers code time, though.
What is "Phoenix Feathers"?