A New State of the Game Review with fresh-ish eyes...

TRYNNUN

Jul 24, 2016
Earth
Well I have been away for over a year-in-a-half and I have really missed playing TT at the same time. While I have greatly missed the community and being involved with it and watching the Wednesday streams. I’m actually really glad I was away all that time…

Playing TT now it’s like playing with a fresh set of eyes and perspective. Starting over in Campaign and seeing over double the game from when I last played it. Color me very impressed. Seeing the new pacing for the Campaign was an interesting experience starting of. Seeing the game has a story now, all the Corps have new blocks and the Hawkeye Corp is the bee’s-Knees! I especially like the adjustments and Game Balance changes. The Shield and repair stand out A LOT. The energy drains are way better in terms of balance and over all if I do say so myself.

I was especially pleased to see such a wide part variety to build with and how each corp is really coming into their own. If I had to put a personality on each corp I would say…

GC- That wise old Industrial construction worker who just knows what he likes to get the job done.

GSO- The All around friend to their fellow human beings with a mission statement that says “Quality and Affordable for your every need.”

Venture- Is that Hot-Rodder-Chick you knew down the street whose family business was a custom garage and all around mechanic for anything they could get paid for doing dealing with anything that goes fast and Vrooms hard.

HawkEye- … As a military man myself I greatly appreciate the Cut of his jib. It’s also feels like they have this rivalry with GSO constantly trying to out do them at get ahead of them at every turn. While Their inventory isn’t as expansive as GSO they sure do put the military in a military founded Corporation.

I think my favorite change (out of all of them, if I had to pick one) would be how you seem to be forced to travel and go to all the bioms and really explore the planet to get your job (or mission) done... ...
(continued in next post as I broke the 5000 character limit...)

Reactions: {insert_name_here}

TRYNNUN

Jul 24, 2016
Earth
It really makes you appreciate all the different build configurations better along with teaching you about them, forcing you to familiarize yourself with almost all of the parts and see how they work. This combined with being able to materialize and re-materialize all owned tech is really awesome. The Craftier business I see was the answer to the tutorial requests.

Payload, you never cease to amaze and impress. I haven’t really checked, but how are @Greg, Batman ( @Adriano ), and @Jamie? Them be my boyz!

So over all, I don’t have any credible complaints. The vision is the same as it was (Thank God!) I know you guys grind like nobodies business, I only hope a lot of you have cured your RedBull and Monster addictions… Jamie and Batman I know are probably still heavy coffee drinkers... Perhaps one day you will all discover water… wait that's it!!! That’s why you won’t put water in the game, because you all have forgotten what it looks like drinking your highly caffeinated beverages… I knew it! Haha

Well I will conclude this review with something I’m on the fence about in the Campaign. I know you are still doing the finishing touches on the over all game’s foundation while building the metaphorical structure in such a way that the foundation will hold well. So it’s difficult for me to accurately put my finger on parts of the campaign concerning some of the pacing throughout… For instance I know (and can really tell) you are heavily focusing on optimization, and will find the campaign slow and actually tedious if you build very large instead of efficiently. So again, I don’t really have any credible complaints nor can I accurately critique this aspect because I know you don’t want to limit anybody’s imagination and creativity, (quite the opposite in-fact as this is an incredible game for all ages to learn how to think about things outside the box while having fun doing it) however throughout the campaign I did feel quite discouraged from building anything too large… I mean I still did, and because of my rig I had a blast jumping volcanic mountains with a 32-big boy-wheeled GC tank tracked gun bed with ALL the bells and whistles hunting down tons of tech in an extremely over powered tech. However, I had to be careful even for my rig not to build to many things that were 2/3rds from the max build size (length and width wise) I tended to only build up to about a 1/3rds the height limit. However, the nature of running to complete all the missions really gave me the impression that what I was doing is not the “Encouraged” way to be doing said mission… For instance, Venture is still sitting at Grade-1 for me because I can fit through the arch ways of the race ways… Sure I could build a smaller racer/speeder, but it’s the principal damnit! :p

Really though, you guys are really hitting it out of the park, really killing it. The Muliplayer was a really nice addition as well. Personally I was hoping their would be an alternative way to send and receive tech into campaign being that I will never have a twitter account (rage! Against that social media! Haha). Loved the steam workshop addition as well.

Okay well, there it is… I really wanted to come in with a neutral stance with something to heavily critique or complain about, but damn I really couldn’t find anything… Maybe if I had @Adriano ‘s mind I could find something… I hope you all are buying him coffee every morning at least.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
For instance, Venture is still sitting at Grade-1 for me because I can fit through the arch ways of the race ways… Sure I could build a smaller racer/speeder, but it’s the principal damnit!
LOL!
I like how you are thinking! And you can complaint that trees in campaign are tougher than HE armored blocks :)
That is why builders of HUGE techs are locked in R&D and rarely comes out.

Reactions: Jaime

TRYNNUN

Jul 24, 2016
Earth
LOL!
I like how you are thinking! And you can complaint that trees in campaign are tougher than HE armored blocks :)
That is why builders of HUGE techs are locked in R&D and rarely comes out.
OMG!!!! The Trees AND THE ROCKS... I can't believe I forgot about that... That's a legit complaint right there. haha

"Dear PayLoad Studios,

I request new blocks - Rock Armor covered by treebark and leaves for the hull on all my new techs so I can hit the boosters and punch holes through mountains without worry of damage!

Sincerely
Somebody speaking for all the wheels lost to your godlike rocks, and to all the weapons and structural blocks and armor lost to your evil demonic trees

P.S.
New weapon request, I would like the orbital strike crate launcher ability to flip all enemy invaders in the air... Though it may not damage the enemy the flip is a real killer!"

TRYNNUN

Jul 24, 2016
Earth
Ya know what I forgot to mention... The Duplication glitch is still a thing but then again I would also chalk that up with Optimization.