A few things (didn't want to clutter the page)

Wesley Mays

A fan of AI hovercraft parties
I have a few suggestions for things to add or change, or otherwise updates:

1. Resource Radar
The EXP Resource Radar is already a block, but it has never worked in my entire time playing this game. You can't even load resource chunks into it yet.

2. Dynamo Generator
Same deal as the Resource Radar. From gameplay and its general concept, I'd imagine it's supposed to go to Venture when it's done.

3. GeoCorp Conveyor
GeoCorp has Fabricators, Refineries, Delivery Cannons, and Receivers, but no conveyors or silos. It just doesn't feel right using GSO conveyors to build a GeoCorp factory.

4. Better Future Inverted Stream Corner
I'm not sure the name is right, but basically, you already have stream blocks, stream corners, and inverted streams. So, why not make an inverted stream corner.

5. Better Future Sky Anchor
This block was hinted at in the description of the Air Rig block, but I seriously can't wait to see it. I know it anchors your tech in mid-air, but can it still move around when that's done?

6. Better Future AI Module
GSO, GeoCorp, Venture, and Hawkeye all have AI modules, but not Better Future. My idea is to have it look like the cab, just with a slightly different window at the front.

7. Harvesting AI
You were supposed to do this about a year ago, but the idea was abandoned. You put an AI module on a tech, tell it to harvest, and it will break nearby resource deposits, and return them to the player.

8. Helicopter controller block
Either in Better Future or Hawkeye, I don't know yet. You place it on your tech, use the lift keys to set a target altitude. It will have an integrated altimeter which also goes to the screen, and uses a P, PD, or PID controller to control thrusters and propellers placed vertically to move the craft to the desired altitude. In combination with the Better Future Stabilizing Computer, you will have a quick and easy drone.

burger1113

Yeah, using gso conveyors with pretty much any corps blocks bother the hell out of me.
I do like the better future blocks, but I'd rather see multiplayer and existing corps getting more end game items and missions.
I don't know about helicopter controllers though. I think if the rotors can change attack angles as fast as they do in real life, and provide roll and pitch, it wouldn't be as tricky to fly. Right now they create more lift just byspinning faster, which is clunky and slow.

Wesley Mays

I don't know about helicopter controllers though. I think if the rotors can change attack angles as fast as they do in real life, and provide roll and pitch, it wouldn't be as tricky to fly. Right now they create more lift just by spinning faster, which is clunky and slow.
I did not imagine that the rotors would allow controls like that. I was just thinking of a block similar to the stabilizing computer.
It would interface with LME's arranged vertically, such as Storm (small) and Atlas (large) rotors.
It would have a HUD element when attached, where the user can set an altitude.
It would control those LME's, adjusting them until the craft is stable at the altitude set the the user.
Note: This block would have an altimeter included, so no extra altimeter would be necessary.

Last edited:

Wesley Mays

Here's my idea for the harvesting AI, in a text-based flowchart:

1. Locate the nearest resource deposit or chunk
2. Move toward it
3. If it is a deposit, destroy it with drills or weapons (SPACE)
4. If resource storage is not full, return to step 1
5. Follow the player
6. If resource storage is not empty, return to step 5
7. Wait idly until power storage is full, if available
8. Return to step 1

Wesley Mays

better futures gonna become BetterBetterBetterBetterBetterBetter Manufacturing soon i think
I don't think it will become Better Factories or whatever... It only has its own Payload Terminal, Scrapper, and Fabricator, just enough to be considered a campaign corporation.