A few suggestions QOL improvements.

Bazzietuk

Another suggestion. I've noticed that when you add an AI cab to a vehicle it follows a bit too closely and they don't seem to move that quickly (it's easy to lose them if your a fast moving vehicle) and end up having to wait for them to catch up.

We need some way to stand them off a bit (keep a bit of distance between vehicles so you can set how far behind you they stay) in guard mode etc. Also make them move faster and stop them getting stuck on things a well.

Bazzietuk

Another suggestion. The power and fuel indicator for GSO are so small they should be able to take up the gap between two blocks, not register as taking up a complete block gap.

Attachments

Bazzietuk

That'd work also. BF has a block to control shields etc from the one block so why not have one block that includes battery power and fuel in one block that you can switch off which you don't use or have both displayed. Same as altitude and speed as well. The blocks are kind of large for those for some reason.

Bazzietuk

Todays possible improvements to the game. Bounties. Maybe from terminals or some other way to issue them but they pay out a lot more BB than mining does which takes forever to accumulate and is easily spent when purchasing certain tech. It can drag a lot getting enough money through mining even using the 3-4 miners per seam and then refining and selling the ore. A bounty for a tough opponent that pays thousands of BB instead of the 240 or so that you get from the light blue ore which is rare would be useful.

Or from an earlier build bring back the ability to make alloys that are worth more money by combing multple meterial types to make a new alloy (will give incentives for people to try combinations for different cash results etc).

Anything to increase the speed you can build up BB would be helpful. Make it a reward for maxing out licenses or something.

Bazzietuk

The BF future Medium Fuel pod needs to look like the BF battery, it is half the size of the large fuel pod but doesn't fit in position niceley like the battery does. Personally I'd prefer it to be half the size and same shape as the large fuel pod. You could have a 3/4th battery by putting 3 together then instead of a large and an unfitting medium or small one.

Bazzietuk

Angled blocks with attachment points so weapons can be angled up or down, this would be helpful on all licenses. I'm trying to build a BF harvester that floats over things and cuts them but when your flying above them it bounces you around off them or your too high to effect them. It'd be nice to be able to have angled weapons so you can move up to them and the weapon hits the item you want, same as the angled plasma cutters etc on Geocorp, but allowing you to attach any weapon you want instead of them being preset.

Angled blocks with attachment points so weapons can be angled up or down, this would be helpful on all licenses. I'm trying to build a BF harvester that floats over things and cuts them but when your flying above them it bounces you around off them or your too high to effect them. It'd be nice to be able to have angled weapons so you can move up to them and the weapon hits the item you want, same as the angled plasma cutters etc on Geocorp, but allowing you to attach any weapon you want instead of them being preset.
No angles possible.
All cubes.
Angles have to be built into the tool/weapon.

Bazzietuk

No angles possible.
All cubes.
Angles have to be built into the tool/weapon.
That sucks, it'd open up more possibilities. Can't understand how some manage it though, see a robot tech who's legs seem to be on at angles.

That sucks, it'd open up more possibilities. Can't understand how some manage it though, see a robot tech who's legs seem to be on at angles.
Either you are being tricked, or the tech was built at an angle, and tilted over.

Bazzietuk

It's on the Steam builds and this weeks featured tech in game seems to have legs at angles but that could be just the type of block being used.

Bazzietuk

If you link me, i can take a look at it and let you know.

If you mean this: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1889047660
Then those legs are separate parts attached by hinges.
Still cubes, just cubes attached at angles.
Yes that's the tech I mentioned. Not sure I have hinges or how to attach them. I would assume it's not too difficult to add angled blocks, most licenses have angled armour blocks (I'm from the UK so that's the correct spelling of armour) :) LOL Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to take an angled armour block and add some attachment points to give angled weapon mounts.

Yes that's the tech I mentioned. Not sure I have hinges or how to attach them. I would assume it's not too difficult to add angled blocks, most licenses have angled armour blocks (I'm from the UK so that's the correct spelling of armour) :) LOL Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to take an angled armour block and add some attachment points to give angled weapon mounts.
No. You misunderstand. Those angled blocks still fit in the cube framework.

Bazzietuk

No idea without seeing how they work but don't get the tech from Steam (not a fan of their site) so unless it's posted on here I can't view their design in game.

You're not hearing what i'm saying.
I am saying that there is no angle.

Everything.
Everything is on a cube grid.

If it looks like it's on an angle, it's because you were tricked, or misunderstood.
Blocks CANNOT be on an angle.
Weapons, like plasma beams or mortars can be at an angle, because they are on the grid, but the gun barrel can be pointed at a fixed angle. That's doable.

previewfile_1889047660.png
Notice those sloped blocks.
Their connectors are still on the grid.
Go play in R&D and have a look.

Bazzietuk

I know what your saying and I know they only connect in one plane but my point is there's no reason why on an angled block you can't have an attach point added to add angled weapons. GSO have angled armour blocks (corner blocks etc) so where would be the harm on putting an anchor block for something else on the flat face. You have ramps in the same, you could have attach points on the angles on those as well. It'd open up the build options a lot. That's why I put it in the QOL improvement sections so the mods could read and decide on whether it's a good idea or something that could be or should be implemented at some point.

Falchoin

GK’s Pioneer uses multiple techs as one to simulate moveable joints in that mecha. If you don’t want to download it from Steam, check his thread in this forum in the Techs section. He’s got a snapshot posted there.

I know what your saying and I know they only connect in one plane but my point is there's no reason why on an angled block you can't have an attach point added to add angled weapons. GSO have angled armour blocks (corner blocks etc) so where would be the harm on putting an anchor block for something else on the flat face. You have ramps in the same, you could have attach points on the angles on those as well. It'd open up the build options a lot. That's why I put it in the QOL improvement sections so the mods could read and decide on whether it's a good idea or something that could be or should be implemented at some point.
Yes, there is a reason why you can't have angled AP's.
Because the game is not set up it handle it.
Because then every AP would need not just a position in the grid [simple] but a more finely grained position, and an angle, and everything that came off of it would also be on an angle as well, and could come off at further angles.
It would be hundred if not thousands of times more work, and processing power to do.

you can't have it.
It would take a complete game rebuild to even try.
Do a search for this. There's posts where they go over it in detail if 'no too hard' does not explain it well enough.