A few suggestions QOL improvements.

Would like the ability to lock a design so it can't be altered (items picked off or removed or changed until you unlock it to modify it). It gets annoying when your trying to pull a craftable material off and end up pulling a weapon off instead.

More control when building structures, it's quite annoying having to zoom, rotate and move a vehicle around to see certain parts of a structure your trying to build, add transparency or something to parts when placing them.

Improve the look of building items, it'd be nice to have more indication of where the input or output parts of components are or the life direction of rotors etc. Some of the blocks only open to reveal input/output when placed then reset to default when you pick them up to rotate them again.

Simpler controls for rotation/orientation of blocks. For instance use the right mouse button to cycle through the angle but use the cursor keys at the same time to turn a block upside down for instance so you start with it in that orientation then right to turn it on it's right side to start in that orientation first etc.

Fix the hover pads to stop them moving by themselves unless you push in a direction. Add a stop button or something or a right click block option to stop the vehicle.

Fan engines should have the ability to set a hover height and maintain it so you can stay at a set altitude. It would make it easier to control flying vehicles/

Scalable UI and text. This would be especially useful on smaller screens and lower resolutions like a laptop. The white font could use an outline as well to make it stand out more.

The intro to campaign mode has unreadable text (due to colour) during the animation. You can't see what it's saying no matter what screen size you use as it's on a white part of the sky and the text is white.

More camera controls especially in combat or auto target nearest enemy through a key on the keyboard or middle mouse button or something. Nothing worse than being blasted by an enemy behind you can't see or target easy until you try to face it. If a vehicle has all round weapons you should be able to target no matter where the vehicle is.

Limit flying enemies in campaign mode if you don't use flying tech. Nothing worse than being blasted by a vehicle flying in the air you can't see and have no defense against. Add more aerial combat weapons to target and destroy flying tech.

Sort out tech prices, some of the items are overly expensive compared to crafting them if you can craft them. It's quite easy to rinse through millions of money in the game buying parts you need.

Lower the number of enemies in the Salt Flats on games (campaign mode), the attack frequency seems higher in the salt flats than it does elsewhere on the maps for some reason.

Enemies don't attack from a distance, they wait until you get really close to them before attacking so you can sit at a distance and pick them off before they move, not much fun to be honest. If more than one enemy is near each other they will also avoid you to attack the other enemy until you shoot at one of them then they'll both attack you and ignore each other. Seems a bit one sides when you can watch a small vehicle take on a tougher enemy and damage it then get destroyed and you then go in and mop up the pieces.

Improve the black hole tech collector function, for some reason the Hawkeye one is nowhere near as powerful as the Geocorp version (the pickup radius is smaller). I would have thought the higher up the tech chain you go the more powerful it'd be.

The Venture section takes a long time to max out which is annoying, especially with how some of the missions rarely come up for it from the terminals.

Add more prop blocks or fan blocks to each corps tech tree.

Flight controls should be made simpler to use.

Increase the block limitation. Your limited on the height, length, width of bases you can build.

Speed increases as well would be helpful.

Game seems to freeze if a factory can't get a part and is calling for it the frame rate drops drastically until you cancel the request.

More stackable building/fabrication blocks. It's be a good idea to allow a 3d factory to be built to take up less space. Two component factory can be placed on top of each other if you put the dongles in the middle of the first factory then put the other factory upside down on top. Both factories then share the three dongles so can fabricate items from all tech levels using just the one set of dongles. Not sure if this is an oversight or intentional design (screenshot attached).

Attachments

More. Add the ability to add more tech to existing tech, so for instance if you have a factory set up add a snapshot of another component layout to the current one snapping it in place so it works as though it was built on it to start with.

Some kind of "pop-out painter" to replace the blocks in a build without destroying the build itself. So for instance it expands the build apart (puts gaps between the blocks so you can see inside the builds) and can choose a part and click a replacement part from the list to swap them out, once your done you press a button and it assembles the build again to use. This feature would probably be best in the R&D section of the game.

Add the ability to store snapshots in sub-folders. So for instance a vehicle sub folder you can store vehicle snapshots in, a flight one, hovercraft, helicopter etc. Or create a sub-folder in Windows for instance so you can organize your designs better and have categories within the game with them in for easy organization.

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I agree with several of your items, specifically wanting to lock a tech so you don't accidentally modify it when trying to do something else. I also strongly agree with getting rid of forced camera lock when targeting. Subfolders in the snapshot tool is also something the community has requested before. In fact pretty much all of these I am not responding to directly, I agree with.

However, a couple other points (I'm assuming you're playing on PC, these answers would be different if you're on console)
1. There aren't flying enemies, so I'm not sure what that comment is concerning. Perhaps you're talking about hovering enemies?
2. Hoverpad drift can be fixed by attaching a Better Future Stabilization Computer to you tech. This does exactly what you're requesting.
3. Block prices are defined as the sum of the prices of the components used to craft them. If something seems oddly expensive, that's because it requires higher end components to craft. Some components are a bit too expensive, such as venture shield bubbles, but in all cases it's the recipe that's driving the price.
4. Salt flats doesn't have any more enemies than anywhere else. It just seems like it because there are fewer obstacles between you and the enemy. I agree that the general enemy frequency should be calmed down a bit though...
5. SCU collectors (Black hole collectors as you call them) vary in function from corp to corp. There is no hierarchy of tech from corp to corp. In other words Hawkeye components are not strictly "higher level" than geocorp, or any other corp for that matter. SCUs vary in pickup speed, pickup radius, physical size, block HP, and whether or not you need to be anchored to use them. Hawkeye SCUs are smaller than geocorp, and importantly are an odd number of blocks in width. They are have much higher HP making them more survivable to carry on a combat tech. But frankly, one corp will not be the best in any one thing, depending on your needs.
6. You have total control over flight controls, or any other movement. Have you experimented with the controls functionality? (This is work in progress on consoles, but fully implemented on PC.) However, make sure it's not your tech design causing the issue. Learning to fly in TerraTech is rewarding, but challenging. If the control inputs are fine, but your tech handles poorly, then it's your design that needs improving. Try the Venture Lift Off plane (a default tech in creative mode) if you want to make sure.
7. Size limitation of bases is a much more important limitation than you might realize. Even small increases past the 64 max means an exponential increase in the physics calculations required for the tech. This could cause TerraTech's performance to tank, and may cause crashes.
8. Speed increase is the same issue as 7. I agree in principle, but ultimately, there are very few techs whose speeds can exceed 210 mph or so. I'd bet anything that this is because of the draw distance on the game. If you're going so fast, the game will struggle to load new areas fast enough as you travel.

Thanks for the feedback Saelem Black. I am playing the game on the PC and in reply to point 1 yes I meant hovering tech not flying tech but it looks like it's flying sometimes in how it moves and how high off the ground it is :)

A few more ideas I had were:

When laying down conveyor belts for instance it'd be handy if you could hold shift down and move the mouse to draw them in a straight line instead of placing one at a time.

More conveyor belt options (directional options in particular) so for instance a 3 way conveyor that moves a material or part straight on, left and right from the one piece of conveyor, there's already one that sends a piece to the left/right but move it left/right/forward would be useful at times especially in more complex structural builds (I like having compact factory/silo builds so it'd be handy in this situation).

It's probably been posted or mentioned before but when you load building tech with filters the filters are reset to default not the choice you made and saved the tech with, for instance silo's on a fabrication build if you set the filter for each material site when you reload the tech the silo filters are defaulted to any material notyour previous choice which is annoying.

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
My feedback on your feedback:
Locking designs: completely agree. Annoying to rip apart your tech just because you want to craft

Rotation control: My idea is that instead of flipping it upside down and sideways and whatnot, just have three keys to for rotation per axis

Hover Pad Braking: We have a stabilization computer found in the Better Furture Corporation that pretty much does that. However it would be nice to toggle stabilization axis on and off (like the tech can't move sideways but can move forwards, up, and down)

Propeller Hovering: This probably should replace the current throttle system. Of course I would like to see this toggleable and enabled in other directions other than up and down

Scaleable UI: I don't need this but I don't see a reason not to add this

Flying Enemies: Like Saleem said, there aren't any. The ones you talk about probably just use very powerful hovers. However having hovers does not make you invincible. To counter hovering techs have some weapons that face upwards or just use missiles

Block Price: Would also be nice if you could actually see the price of a block outside of the Buying Terminals

Salt Flats Enemies: I'm not sure if the spawn rate is higher-and I don't think the spawn rate should be lowered either;just my opinion

What I would really like to see are more build functions like mirror, bubble coverage, anti-grav coverage, and center of mass

In Sumo build mode it would be convenient to have a black hole device to clear up discarded blocks so they're not littering the platform and you can also find them easier again in the block list rather than having to root through a pile for a specific item if you can find it.

Cursor keys to control block rotation if possible. Even if it's just to put it in one orientation so you can use the F/G keys to turn it in other ways.

Clearer graphics for filters etc especially when it gets dark it's hard to see the direction they point in when rotation them from a distance.

Organize the tile selection menu so the same items are in roughly the same location for each company. The Venture parts are in a different order to the other organizations. Add a set order for each organization, fab, manufacture, scrapper etc.

More conveyor belts for different organizations, filters etc.

Tech manager. Add the ability to take control of your vehicles/tech with cabs without having to be near them.

More charging options other than just the solar charger. Or add other solar chargers to each manufacturers section. Only having solar chargers on GSO seems a bit limited.

Falchoin

Better Future also has solar panels. In single player you get access to mobile furnace generators in GSO and Hawkeye; anchored furnaces from GSO, GeoCorp, and Better Future; and geothermal power in GeoCorp. Experimental currently has the dynamo generator too, not sure which corp will get it... possibly Venture? More options than just GSO solar for sure, but more options can’t hurt!

Better Future also has solar panels. In single player you get access to mobile furnace generators in GSO and Hawkeye; anchored furnaces from GSO, GeoCorp, and Better Future; and geothermal power in GeoCorp. Experimental currently has the dynamo generator too, not sure which corp will get it... possibly Venture? More options than just GSO solar for sure, but more options can’t hurt!
Would be nice to have solar for all corps not just a few though. Been playing for a long time now and still not had the Better Future license drop even though all other corps are maxed out. No idea how you even get the experimental components in campaign mode or even if you get Better Future in campaign mode (which never seems to end anyway). Would have thought campaign mode would have an end game objective.

Next suggestion, when deploying tech it'd be nice to have some way to orient it before deployment, maybe using the cursor keys or something so you can alter it's orientation in some way and also see a semi-transparent representation of the tech your deploying so you know which way to orient it.

Outposts for different factions spread around the map that give out licenses for that faction (starting licenses only). Been playing for quite some time now on the PC version and still don't have the BF license. The missions that are coming up are all the same mainly for GSO , Geocorp and Hawkeye with the odd Venture one (rarely though).

Also I think I mentioned it before but in campaign mode after doing the starter mission there's nothing really to do apart from missions and learning (from Crafty Mike) but after you've maxed out the licenses there's no end campaign or way to move to another planet or map or end the campaign in a victory condition. The campaign mode needs fitting end for all the work you put in or some way to progress in it. If not rename it something like sandbox rather than campaign as a campaign denotes an end eventually which this game doesn't seem to have.

Single, Double, Triple conveyors sound good to me but I think drawing a line of them would still be simpler than placing one at a time. Also more angled ones would be helpful and longer layouts to factories etc without things going belly up and failing. Currently fabrication plants etc are a nightmare because of the conveyor system limitations.

Single, Double, Triple conveyors sound good to me but I think drawing a line of them would still be simpler than placing one at a time. Also more angled ones would be helpful and longer layouts to factories etc without things going belly up and failing. Currently fabrication plants etc are a nightmare because of the conveyor system limitations.
Simpler, sure.
But that requires programming new stuff.
A single 5 block long conveyor does not.

The draw idea doesn't just relate to conveyor belts though it can be used to place any block in a line so it's game wide not just limited to factory parts. Ultimately it'd mean less custom blocks having to be made for different situations, you only need a single block rather than say 3 blocks (single, double, triple). Granted in this scenario though you would need to increase the hitpoints of the sequence though as knocking one out would stop the process completely.

On that note it'd also be handy if you could rebuild (and make work) a conveyor belt sequence that has been damaged or partly destroyed by an enemy without having to rebuild the whole lot as they don't seem to join up afterwards and everything seems to need to be replaced in position. For instance I generally place 3 miners to extract a resource then build a conveyor to a refinery with a pad to collect the resources, this then comes out on a second conveyor to a launcher to sell the item. If the blocks are attacked and the conveyor near the miners are knocked out I have to rebuild the entire conveyor, refinery, conveyor and launcher system again instead of just placing the knocked out blocks back in place. The items seem to hit the spot that was knocked and and not move afterwards until each one is replaced. (annoying).,

I've also noticed that your money doesn't go up if you leave an area with the miners etc set up, it's like they shut down and stop working if your not within a certain distance of them so you can't place them and move about too far doing missions or collecting resources and leave them to make you money. Not sure if others have noticed this and if it's intentional or not.

Fehn

Artificial and Intelligent
Oh, you mean something like "Drag to place", and not "custom shaped conveyors that are created in-game".
That clarifies things