A few issues i have (Megaton,Scrapper,SCU)

Change the megaton

• Leave as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alpha

Oct 22, 2015
Hi everyone, So as the heading suggests this is the few issues i have with the game and some have been for a long time now.
(1) The megaton Cannon: Back when this was still in EXP it was an amazing gun, it had great range and damage but ever since its damage got changed to explosive it went from amazing to okay then the devs added the SCU block which made it the worst gun in the game (too me anyway) because the explosive damage hits with so much force that the blocks get blown ether up so high in the sky that they take more then 10 seconds to come down or there blown out sideways so far that some even go outside the rendering distance (i'm running at fantastic) which make it next to impossible to pick them up with the SCU and by moving them with the cursor before the game deletes them.

(2)The GSO Scrapper: this isn't really a big issue but it would be nice if it could scrap-able blocks directly from the SCU block
(Question not a issue) Selling Blocks: Now i know that the devs don't want us the sell blocks at the trading stations which is why i'm wonder why there still isn't a large block scrapper yet? for at least the GSO blocks

(3) SCU block not in R&D Test Chamber
And the other issues are being fixed in the next update :) other wise this is a great game and i can't wait for all the new blocks to be added

Alpha

Oct 22, 2015
Reactions: Jamie

doctor bond

Feb 14, 2015
Megaton cannon is my favorite weapon in the game!
I really see it as the ultimate end-game weapon.* (and perhaps it should be somewhat harder to get, like you have to collect 20 tokens or something.) Once I have it my entire meta-game changes, now I am the shark. ;)

But I agree, the explosion "push" is absurd.
I *love* that it pushes stuff around, but nerf it to like 20% of where it's at now. So it throws stuff a few feet, instead of a few hundred feet. But DO KEEP the blast push, it's cool and fun to hit a pike of leftover bricks and send them flying. And the way little techs flop around and flip over is great.

*There *really* does seem to be a big power difference between it and every other weapon (and that's good) perhaps a few "intermediate, mid-level" weapons are in order.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
@Django is currently looking into shields blocking explosions correctly.

Perhaps this is something he could look into at some point too.

Captain Load

Mar 8, 2016
Megaton cannon is my favorite weapon in the game!
I really see it as the ultimate end-game weapon.* (and perhaps it should be somewhat harder to get, like you have to collect 20 tokens or something.) Once I have it my entire meta-game changes, now I am the shark. ;)

But I agree, the explosion "push" is absurd.
I *love* that it pushes stuff around, but nerf it to like 20% of where it's at now. So it throws stuff a few feet, instead of a few hundred feet. But DO KEEP the blast push, it's cool and fun to hit a pike of leftover bricks and send them flying. And the way little techs flop around and flip over is great.

*There *really* does seem to be a big power difference between it and every other weapon (and that's good) perhaps a few "intermediate, mid-level" weapons are in order.
I'm right there with ya. The megaton is just crazy. If you have them and the enemy doesn't, you're essentially unstoppable unless you have the most squishy tech ever built. Right now we have, IMO, three tech levels for weapons:

Tech L1: GSO Light gun, COIL laser and STUD laser

Tech L2: GSO 3-lb cannon, 8-barrel rocket batteries and Venture Hailfire and SMG

Tech L4: GSO Megaton cannon

Here's a couple ideas for Tech L3 Weapons..

GSO Assault Rocket Pod: twin medium rocket turret. AIM SPEED: medium (similar to 3-Lb Cannon), RANGE: medium-long (between 3-Lb Cannon and Megaton range), DAMAGE/SECOND: medium (halfway between 3-Lb Cannon and Megaton), SIZE: 4 base, 1 high. Rockets travel slower than shells so not great vs quick targets..mostly for use vs big heavy techs or bases. Explosion AOE would be almost twice that of 3-Lb Cannon.

Geocorp Mine Mine: Mine laying device that shoots out a modified mining explosive, hence the name "Mine mine", which could also refer to the area that you've totally covered with these things (heh heh). Minelayer launches mine a short-to-medium distance at a shallow elevation (about +25 degrees, much lower than an 8-Barrel rocket). Launcher is NOT a turret but has fixed direction like the STUD laser. Aiming direction is chosen by rotating block like an 8-Barrel. Mines detonate when an enemy gets within one block range. Damage and explosion is roughly equal to a Megaton cannon. Their also magnetic and will fly towards enemies within four blocks Scrap Magnet-style (meaning they can be outrun or shot if you're reasonably quick). Mines can be detonated by doing a small amount of damage to them - perhaps equal to two shots from a Stud laser. If a mine isn't set off within 90 seconds it disappears from world. Reload speed is slightly slower than Megaton Cannon. For extra fun, mines could randomly appear as Venture or GSO One Blocks to enemies while their creator would see them as a new mine model or possibly oddly glowing One Blocks.

Last edited: