Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm neutral to this.

• They don't need it!

• Total voters

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
Here is just a list of some of my ideas, both unlisted ones and ones I have talked about in the past.
Hawkeye:
1) Fuselage jet engine: A 1x8x1 long booster with inbuilt fuel tank that has enough fuel for five minutes of sustained flight, but takes five minutes to refill when empty. Very heavy but a lot of force to lift its own weight as well as a small fighter jet built from hawkeye blocks. Has a light grey 1x2 rectangle on top showing the ideal place for a Hawkeye cab.
2) Fighter wing: A large wing for use with the fuselage engine. It has two variants, left and right. Each wing has two high-power machine guns for dogfights and strafing runs. The machine guns are very powerful to compensate for aiming difficulties with aircraft. Also a missile wing variant with two missiles on the underside. The missiles fire straight ahead like a gso missile and have about 3/4 the power of a cruise missile with a 15 second reload time.
3) V-style fighter tail wing: A 1x3x3 v-shaped tail wing perfect for the fuselage engine.
4) Hypermagnesis Rail-cannon: An extremely large railgun with a massive pivot base. Maximum pivot is 45 degrees to the left or right and 10 degrees up or down. Cooldown is 15 seconds. Fires large shells packed with
explosives for absolute devastation with enough power to one-shot a GeoCorp Big one block and large aoe. (Credit to @Saelem Black for the inspiration)
5) Anti-missile flak cannon: A rapid-fire flak cannon that targets and shoots Cruise missiles and GSO missiles, smaller missiles are too small for the targeting but can be caught in the aoe of the flak shells. Firing arc is 45 degrees to the left, right and down, with 55 degrees up.

Better Future:
1) Larger face blank blocks: Pretty self-explanatory, right?
2) Anti-missile defense lasers: Like the flak cannon, it targets and shoots incoming missiles rapidly. This one does not have aoe but can target smaller missiles. A larger version can fire three beams at once to clear more missiles, faster.

3) Gauges that can be read: I hate the blinky lights on the current gauges because they are too approximate and do not give accurate data. If Better Future gets gauges I would have them display percentages instead of blinky lights so you can differentiate 90% from 100% more easily.
4) Streamlined ion drives and boosters: I have talked about this one multiple times, but for those who don't know yet, I basically want to shove ion drives into Stream Three Blocks and boosters into Stream Three Corner Blocks. If you don't quite understand than just look at the Streamlined Assault Laser and the Medium Skid Light.

Other things:
1) Force-retract landing gears: I want to be able to forcibly retract landing gears because some people simply use them as supports for grounded hovercrafts but they get in the way when they are active. Sometimes they just block the firing arc on certain weapons even though they're there simply to keep a tech from spazzing out when resting on Sky Anchors.

What do you think of these ideas? Please let me know!

Last edited:

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
An extension of the original post with some items I forgot to add when making the first one.
Venture geared combat wing: Comes in left, right and middle variants and is a basic venture wing with three machine guns and a landing gear.
Better Future Combat wing: A Better Future medium wing with three high-powered lasers that fire a 2 second burst every 1 second.
Better Future pathfinder missile: A highly advanced missile with high tracking, high maneuverability and the ability to pathfind around terrain to destroy the target.
Better Future missile: Inspired by the Photon Torpedo form Star Trek, this missile would be 1x2x1 with the same shape as the Stream Two Block. It would fire a burst of two missiles every 15 seconds, and the missiles would have 75% the damage of a Cruise Missile.

If I was going to add more then I forgot what I was going to add, but please let the feedback flow!

Reactions: Rafs

Wassaup

Apr 28, 2019
Well... I guess I'm officially that guy. You know, the guy, who nitpicks anything anybody suggests? Yeah... sorry in advance.

Anti-missile guns:
The problem, is that they're impossible to balance: they either take all missiles down, which makes them OP, or you limit them somehow (fire fate, cool down, etc.), which makes them useless. But even if you found that hypothetical golden midway, they could still be overwhelmed by missile spam, and we have way too much of that already. Not to toot my own horn (and, honestly, Nerf Craft gave me the idea), but electronic warfare is the way to go. A missiles' ability to track you is what gives it the edge over others. If we make ourselves "invisible" to missiles (but not the enemy techs) with a new powered block, it reduces missiles to dumb-fire weapons that you can reasonably dodge (but it still takes effort). It would also give missiles on turrets a time to shine a bit.

All-in-one blocks:
These kinda' go against the whole spirit of the game. You know: building stuff from blocks. A much more reasonable request would be weapons that have the form-factor to take advantage of the connection points already present under most wing-blocks. Also. buffing most propellers, fuel tanks and boosters (especially HE and Geo) would ease our irritation imo.

Slow weapons:
15 seconds? For both the heavy railgun and the BF heavy missile? Even the 5 sec delay on current heavy weapons feels like an eternity in a live combat situation. Such a slow fire-rate would confine these weapons to the initial alpha-strike and not much else. This would make players want that alpha to be as strong as possible, which would encourage, you guessed it: spam!

Everything else:
Yes! Yes! 100% yes! Wan'em, need'em, gimmie!

Reactions: Nerf Craft

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
The 15 second delay on the large railcannon seems reasonable to me because it can pivot, and I forgot to mention it has instant travel time, but with a large nearly unspamable base I can see why 15 would be unreasonable and something more like 7 would be better for high damage, instant travel, and a small degree of pivot. The reason it cannot be spammed is because(I'm not sure if you just missed this or what) it has a very large base to support the extremely heavy weapon.

Wassaup

Apr 28, 2019
The 15 second delay on the large railcannon seems reasonable to me because it can pivot, and I forgot to mention it has instant travel time, but with a large nearly unspamable base I can see why 15 would be unreasonable and something more like 7 would be better for high damage, instant travel, and a small degree of pivot. The reason it cannot be spammed is because(I'm not sure if you just missed this or what) it has a very large base to support the extremely heavy weapon.
I did see that, actually, but "huge" is not very descriptive. Also, I had a similar discussion with Saelem Black about this topic, and I'll just say the same thing: a tech can be 64×64×64 in size. So unless we're talking ludicrously huge(o_O), like "No way will the devs ever actually put this in the game, ever!" huge, than spam is still very possible. A extremely big gun would need to do extreme damage to justify it's size, but that extreme damage would have to be balanced with extremely slow fire-rate. This may be subjective, but a gun like this is not fun to use. It's just not. And if it doesn't do extreme damage, than it will only make the players think: "Why use this monstrosity, when several smaller guns will perform better?" and only encourage the hated gun-spam. The Big Bertha is the proof, that this approach does not work.
Bottom line: the original heavy railgun by Saelem Black sounds more reasonable.

Again, all the stuff you've suggested (and I didn't trash-talk) sounds awesome, so keep those ideas coming!;)

Reactions: Nerf Craft and Rafs

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
Actually, my biggest idea yet would be IF AND ONLY IF Terra Tech gets space travel, than there could be a special capital ship mode where you can build large battleships to accommodate things like Big Bertha and a gargantuan railgun. And there would be special capital ship exclusive blocks like large hull plating and different sized hangar bays to store small tech inside of other capital ship sized techs with a build limit of as much as quadruple the normal tech size, allowing for epic space battles, patching large holes in your ship after a massive explosion, multiple players operating guns on one tech do deal with fighter swarms. If TT gets space travel, then capital ships could open up a whole host of new constructive(and destructive) techniques.
Also @Wassaup you are definitely my largest critic and I actually enjoy hearing your opinions about why one thing is good and why another is bad, sometimes I am a little hurt when an idea is perceived as bad, but there is always a way to improve upon an idea.tonytony

Also regarding the fighter jet blocks, the whole idea for them was build on just wanting an easy way to build a small, basic jet fighter.

Reactions: Wassaup

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
I've been watching this thread, I suppose I'll chime in -

I'm not a fan of combo blocks, really. They don't exist in the game at present and I doubt they'll be implemented, and rightly so. Each block should have a single unique function. This is what gives us both the freedom of design and the challenge of building.

However, my biggest "yes" is to more hawkeye wing blocks. Yes yes yes, a thousand times yes. Especially the fighter wing, I know that's been suggested several times before, by myself as well as others. I may try to design a 3D model of a good fighter wing block to see if I can stir up interest with the devs, haha (it's worked before, so why not!). I would very much like Hawkeye to be able to make fighter jets. All their wing blocks clearly have a bird-inspired theme. I'll have to think about how to do that... Along with more wings, Hawkeye could do with a low-profile propeller. Something like the venture zero or the BF ion drives.

As for a flak cannon or ECM, I have mixed feelings. I don't think missile spam is really as big a deal as some people make it out to be and I'd be worried about putting further computational load on the CPU depending on how they did hit-detection. I think missiles raise people's ire because getting hit by them is somewhat startling; it usually happens when you think you're safe and they don't give you time to react. I'm just spit-balling but a creative solution might be to make a "tech scanner" block which enables you to see the block list of techs in a certain radius if you click on them. Thus you could go fight the missile invader with an appropriate counter.

桂桃~

Nov 21, 2017
I think adding point defence lasers that passively shoot down missiles would be interesting. We could have a single Better Future point defence turret shoot down all the missiles coming from say, 3 Venture Avalanche launchers meaning that the PD lasers are fast but can be overwhelmed. However, as PD is a form of passive defence, it should cost energy to fire. This would help to prevent cruise missile spam to rip a tech to shreds through shields since shields (especially badly placed shields) don't do squat against large enough explosions.

Reactions: Nerf Craft