Fluffy Asriel

Jul 8, 2020
[Version 1.4] [PC] - Large Techs with "void" areas

Platform
PC/Mac/Linux/XB1/PS4? - PC

Game version - 1.4

Frequency - Semi-Frequent

Game Mode - So far, only Campaign

Description - Lately, when building large techs, I've noticed there are sometimes sections where it won't allow you to connect any kind of block to the tech. It appears as a very quickly flashing/glitching red/green shade, despite the fact that nothing is in that space.

Steps to reproduce - I've only ever noticed this bug when building large techs. Otherwise, this is the only step I can think of. Strangely, re-loading the game seems to temporarily fix the issue.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
sounds like the ONGOING BUG of glitched blocks, and yes it is VERY irritating.
as I see it one of the already placed blocks gets a faulty (and larger) volume claim and does not allow ANY other blocks into it's claimed space, the only work around that I have found is to remove ALL the blocks around the location, then build the area with FRESH blocks

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
Jan 21, 2016
Had the same issue when building in the R&D area - The only sure fire method I had was one of these 3 solutions (in this order):
- snapshot the tech and reload
- exit the R&D area and reload
- Restart the game and reload

YaYYeeT

Turning out ESS lore at 0.0282739 words per minute
Apr 27, 2020
<redacted>
Is that the bug Lathrix encountered in the below video(can't remember timestamp):

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Aug 15, 2018
Somewhere in Seattle Washington.
The Glitch may be caused by a rounding error from the way computers process math, and the way collisions are detected by individual blocks.
finding, and fixing it is going to seem like picking the wings off of butterflies in an attempt at building Weather control.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
After 2000+ hours I can say it is always only one block that makes a mess in one place. if you want to troubleshoot, remove blocks one by one and place them on the ground near SCU, one block that will not be sucked in SCU is one that made problems.
A quick way to move on with building is to save tech, replace it with another tech with different blocks, and then replace that tech with tech that you want to work on again. that way blocks will be reset.

Reactions: Helios

Echo Fox

Aug 21, 2020
I have seen this a lot myself.

Blocks affected this way are also immune to being picked up by scrappers and SCUs, and scrapping and then recrafting them will still produce faulty blocks.

I have also noticed that it will only apply to the first (insert number) blocks that you take from your inventory. any blocks retrieved after that will be fine (and it seems that changing the amount of blocks available in inventory in the first place does not change how many will still be bugged).

Edit: It seems that whether scrappers/SCUs effect these blocks or not is random rather than consistent. Also, now that I havenoticed this bug's existence, I am noticing it happen quite often.

Last edited: