[1.4] Hubl Doesn't Leave after Novice Hover Trial

Aardvark123

Feb 23, 2018
Scotland
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
In unusual news, I seem to have found a permanent hubl. The bug happened after I completed one of the novice hover trial missions; the hover racetrack despawned as usual, but hubl stayed put. Driving out and back into the area to reload the chunks didn't remove them, nor did restarting the game. Unlike similar bugs I remember, I was able to complete further Better Future missions after leaving the glitched hubl behind.

As the picture should demonstrate, I have no missions active that warrant their presence, but hubl is still hanging out. I've also attached a save file from immediately after the incident took place.

screen12.png

Attachments

Commander 86

Apr 2, 2019
I have a pertinent question. Did you reload a save at any point after the mission that caused Hubl to appear?

In my experience, NPCs tend to stick around if you revert to a previous save and repeat their event a second time. The only way I have found to get rid of a stuck NPC is to quit and restart the game, then load a save from before you spoke to the NPC. They should function normally after that.

Reactions: Aardvark123

Commander 86

Apr 2, 2019
So you don't have a save from the time before Hubl got stuck?

I'll do some testing of my own when I reach the Hover Trial mission. In the meantime, here's one way to reliably reproduce this bug:
  1. Accept a mission that causes an NPC to appear (such as Crafty Business or Big Yellow).
  2. Save the game.
  3. Talk to the NPC, proceed with their mission if necessary.
  4. Wait for the NPC to leave.
  5. Load the save you made earlier.
  6. Talk to the NPC again.
If you follow these steps, the NPC shouldn't leave this time. (To return the NPC to normal, exit the game, then restart TerraTech and repeat steps 5 - 6.)

Echo Fox

Aug 21, 2020
I have this same issue. I am not sure if it is the exact same mission, but its a permanent HUBL. I often push it around (it will un anchor itself if its tipped to far over) and managed to move it to a place where it does not bother me, but it will not leave my world.