Please Read 1.4.6.3 Update Now Available on Steam

Dave

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 24, 2018
Find out how to switch from the TerraTech main branch to the TT_Unstable Beta branch here:

YouTube™ Video: How to Switch Beta Branches | TerraTech
Views: 26,725
Follow these steps to change over to our Unstable branch and back again. Subscribe for more Developer Content ► https://youtube.com/terratechgame DEVELOPER LIVE STREAMS EVERY WEDNESDAY FROM 4PM UK...

Localisation Update:
  • Updated line breaks on some block descriptions.
  • Changed colour of text in the Fabricator screens so that they can be seen better.
  • Translations have been updated for various languages including updated translations for our Hungarian friends:
    Many thanks to the TT Translator team, in particular recent translations from:
    • Vakmix

Known Issues:
  • Custom modded corporation placeholders may appear in Campaign and Co-op Campaign, but these have not been implemented yet and have no function.
  • After players have uploaded a modded skin, block or corporation to Steam, TerraTech may not boot up. To remedy this players will have to restart Steam and the game should run normally.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Two hotfixes in and no tweaks or even mentions of tweaks (that I know of) to the projected shields.

Just to reiterate:
Great vid @Falchoin! Some really interesting points being made here. @kea will take a look at them all, as well as the points made in other threads.

It's worth noting that while there will always be things to change/adjust on new blocks, we don't want to supersede older blocks by making them OP. They should be as useful as each other. So just something to bear in mind :)

Falchoin

May 30, 2018
Agreed, it’s a fine line between OP and useful. At least for me, there would be no functional use for projected shields if they don’t project further than their respective corporation’s shield. As I mentioned in the video, the Venture shield projector is a fantastic example of useful distance. It allows for shield layering while still making it impractical to use only Venture projected shields. The Venture bubble shield falls flat mid to late game due to its tiny size, despite its amazing efficiency. AoE damage is king, and distance is the only passive defense.

I also think a large balancing factor is the passive and active shield drain rates. If we assume projected shields are a screen in key areas rather than a viable alternative for full coverage, the projected shields should have a larger passive drain and a same or lower drain when taking damage when compared to their same corp bubble counterparts (other factors include useful surface area, extra distance from bubble shield, and probably more I’m not thinking of). It’s a numbers nightmare, however, if achieved it would give projected shields a place without replacing their bubble counterparts.

Reactions: Matt and harpo99999

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
Two hotfixes in and no tweaks or even mentions of tweaks (that I know of) to the projected shields.

Just to reiterate:
I think this once again highlights the major issue with explosive splash penetrating shields. This has been a big problem with TT's combat for a long time.

Falchoin

May 30, 2018
I do have a problem with zero splash damage penetrating shields, assuming no other changes. It would make repair bubbles obsolete. Both require power, but if no damage is taken until the shields fail when the batteries are drained then the repair bubbles become useless (or mostly useless anyway, damage from terrain and melee are other possible sources).

Instead a possible compromise could be shield bubbles also reducing the amount of damage getting through. In order to keep smaller builds viable end game, the smaller the shield the greater the damage reduction. Shields still wouldn't stack, whichever shield takes the hit applies whatever % mitigation before splash damage is applied to the tech. This way repair bubbles stay relevant and small builds get a much needed boost for endgame viability.

The trick would be balancing the numbers such that large builds (with their massive energy stores) would still prefer the larger and less efficient shield bubbles. So the damage mitigation couldn't be too much!

Reactions: Legionite