[1.3.7.2] New Weapons and Blocks

桂桃~

First of all, paragraphs. Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes are fine, everyone makes them. Run on sentences and walls of text are just uncomfortable to read though.

The turning ability of the Type 45 is effective when you turn your entire tech as well, especially on a larger and more cumbersome tech. The slightly offset barrels help to ensure that at least one shot in 3 would land, and you can indeed hit hovercraft with the Type 45. Overall, the weapon design is good, and as I've said, there is no reason for it to out damage 3 MK3 guns.

My argument was that using cell space to justify why the Type 45 should be superior to its contemporaries is not a valid argument due to the tremendous advantage offered by rotational capabilities. While the weapon should have a bit more in the way of vertical targeting (especially downwards), I think that the size/cost of the Type 45 makes its raw DPS fair.

I think that the purpose of the Type 45 is to offer a more sustained source of damage, as opposed to the heavily alpha-strike oriented HE corporation, and while I like the rapid firing, I do agree that its DPS needs to be redistributed between RoF and Damage/Shot, and that explosions need major buffs. Other than that, I trust that with such buffs, the Type 45 would be a totally solid weapon.

As for the scale of these buffs, I think that quadrupling damage and quartering RoF may be extreme. That would ruin the rapid fire feel which makes the weapon relatively unique among other cannons (barring venture rapid cannon) in the first place. There's no way around making the explosions the same size as an HG1/Gigaton/Cruise Missile blast though, it would just not be effective otherwise.

Ultimately, I'm saying that 3 smaller barrels inevitably means less damage than 3 MK3 cannons, saying that you could fit X MK3s or Y Venture Cannons in that space doesn't make sense. Although without a proper explosive punch, Type 45 is indeed underwhelming.

Warning220

Defence enthusiast, Battle ship expert
First of all, paragraphs. Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes are fine, everyone makes them. Run on sentences and walls of text are just uncomfortable to read though.

The turning ability of the Type 45 is effective when you turn your entire tech as well, especially on a larger and more cumbersome tech. The slightly offset barrels help to ensure that at least one shot in 3 would land, and you can indeed hit hovercraft with the Type 45. Overall, the weapon design is good, and as I've said, there is no reason for it to out damage 3 MK3 guns.

My argument was that using cell space to justify why the Type 45 should be superior to its contemporaries is not a valid argument due to the tremendous advantage offered by rotational capabilities. While the weapon should have a bit more in the way of vertical targeting (especially downwards), I think that the size/cost of the Type 45 makes its raw DPS fair.

I think that the purpose of the Type 45 is to offer a more sustained source of damage, as opposed to the heavily alpha-strike oriented HE corporation, and while I like the rapid firing, I do agree that its DPS needs to be redistributed between RoF and Damage/Shot, and that explosions need major buffs. Other than that, I trust that with such buffs, the Type 45 would be a totally solid weapon.

As for the scale of these buffs, I think that quadrupling damage and quartering RoF may be extreme. That would ruin the rapid fire feel which makes the weapon relatively unique among other cannons (barring venture rapid cannon) in the first place. There's no way around making the explosions the same size as an HG1/Gigaton/Cruise Missile blast though, it would just not be effective otherwise.

Ultimately, I'm saying that 3 smaller barrels inevitably means less damage than 3 MK3 cannons, saying that you could fit X MK3s or Y Venture Cannons in that space doesn't make sense. Although without a proper explosive punch, Type 45 is indeed underwhelming.
i finally somewhat agree with you but please please please do me a favour and check out any 6 inch naval tripple gun and look at how it fires then compare to the type 45(im assuming its a 6 inch gun but it is completely ridicilous it should be a 15 or 16 inch)

Warning220

also iv tested against 70 different my hover designs and random in the battle arena it hits 1 out of 7 shots for smaller hovers and only hits 100% of the shots for large and extra large techs and hits 1 out of 3 shots for medium sized techs that is with turnign the tech aswell and dosent hit any shots with it just turning except for large tech where it hits anywhere from 1-3 shots per volley. Also sutained damage work only for no explosive weapons in this game and the advantage isnt tremendous its quite minor personally i would rather it not turn only aim up and down and just aim it my self. So why exactly should i use the type 45 if i can just one shot any tech with just 3 mk3 just aim and press space bar and done or if i use the type 45 then it takes 10-20 seconds to destroy the same tech

Last edited:

桂桃~

i finally somewhat agree with you but please please please do me a favour and check out any 6 inch naval tripple gun and look at how it fires then compare to the type 45(im assuming its a 6 inch gun but it is completely ridicilous it should be a 15 or 16 inch)
I too am a navy enthusiast, and I think that a gun that fires twice in a minute isn't something I want in Terratech. For once, we got a breath of fresh air from the min/maxed high damage cannons like the MK3, and I enjoy that. Endless upscaling for damage at the cost of fire rate can always be done and is a tried and tested thing, but I think that this new design was something that we needed. At the same time, it feels too similar to that Venture peashooter that they call a cannon as of now.

As for your next post, first of all, it's great that the weapon fares consistently against large techs, that is after all, what the Type 45 is; a large weapon meant for large techs to fight other large techs. As for medium and small techs, the fact that a cannon actually manages to land a shot is impressive, not to mention 1 in 3 (This is 1 shot in 3 seconds). I wonder in either of these cases, how successful an HG1 or MK3 would be.

Warning220

I too am a navy enthusiast, and I think that a gun that fires twice in a minute isn't something I want in Terratech. For once, we got a breath of fresh air from the min/maxed high damage cannons like the MK3, and I enjoy that. Endless upscaling for damage at the cost of fire rate can always be done and is a tried and tested thing, but I think that this new design was something that we needed. At the same time, it feels too similar to that Venture peashooter that they call a cannon as of now.

As for your next post, first of all, it's great that the weapon fares consistently against large techs, that is after all, what the Type 45 is; a large weapon meant for large techs to fight other large techs. As for medium and small techs, the fact that a cannon actually manages to land a shot is impressive, not to mention 1 in 3 (This is 1 shot in 3 seconds). I wonder in either of these cases, how successful an HG1 or MK3 would be.
if i aim the mk3 by turning my tech i hit about 60% of the shots but i just need 3 of them to make the tech dissapere if its not armored to oblivion. And the venture rapid fire cannon might be a peashooter but the type 45 isnt all that better its an explosive bb gun slightly better but still not the best. My job is to design heavy payload weapons i my self sadly havent gotten to work on any naval weapons but i know alot about them. But for as a weapon that shot 2 a minute would be good for anything the cost of missing would be too high but scaling the realism down to for like every 10 or some seconds a volley of 3 heavy shots would be amazing it dosent have to do neceserely more damage per shot than the mk3 but it should do close to it but have a higher range. because the damage per shot is what really counts

Warning220

There is always a way to remedy the type 45 is to make a heavier payload not a 6 inch but mayber a 15 inch weapons and make it work as in real life as the naval weapons in spirit are artillery and cannon hybrids but more artillery than cannon

Warning220

So anyone notice that the type 45 is angled even out of combat to the right its extremely annoying

Warning220

I was bored and wanted to do some testing with the mk3 and type 45 on the the brick and the omega box(the bigger one).
So with the type 45 the avarage of 5 tests killing the brick is 1.23.29 minutes and you cant killl the omega box i tried for 26 minutes.
With the mk3 the average time between 5 tests to kill the brick is 1.43.11 minutes and to kill the omega box it takes 12.43.99 minutes of an average from 3 tests .
Theoretically shouldnt the type 45 be better then one mk3 considiering the cost that was meant for it was 40 k and it takes up 8 times the space.
Im just saying its still quite underwhelming.
@zanzistar

Last edited:

Warning220

so please devs fix the damn type 45 you dont have to actually buff it just quarter the rof and quadruple the damage also buff the boom radius

Warning220

and again maybe it dosent need to outdamage 3 mk3's but atleast it needs to be better then 1 mk3. if its only 20 seconds of kill time and that is with human error and the game being funky .