I know this was brought up several times but an opening salvo mechanic would be awesome too. But enough of that, while on the topic of buffs and changes, rotation speed for certain weapons is awfully poor and hovercraft tip way too easily, among others. Here's a list of ideas that I have:
- HG1 turret rotation speed buff
- Gigaton turret rotation speed buff
- Type 45 add functionality to aim up to 35 degrees depression
- Type 45 shoots bullets, not rocks
- Add an inherent gyroscope effect (pitch & roll trim) in most hovers, larger ones mainly, leaving the small venture and gso hovers agile as is
- Make certain batteries less/non explosive (Better Future, Venture and possibly Hawkeye), or add new ones (RR). While Hawkeye batteries have more health/unit space than GeoCorp, I'd still use the latter variety since it has higher health, and is thus less susceptible to being destroyed and exploding, setting off a chain reaction.
- Attachment points on triangular block faces.
- Zeus Laser gets an RoF buff and its beam is slightly thicker, travels the entire distance from the gun to the target, and has special visual effects, like the GIGA Plasma but yellow, a lot thinner.
- Auto-cannons fire tracer rounds with improved accuracy.
- Auto-cannon bullets travel much faster, so as to remain effective in the air.
- The better future laser cannon charges up and fires instant beams. Would increase reliability.
- Paladin bombs pack a bit more of a punch.