[1.3.7.2] New Weapons and Blocks

桂桃~

Nov 21, 2017
I know this was brought up several times but an opening salvo mechanic would be awesome too. But enough of that, while on the topic of buffs and changes, rotation speed for certain weapons is awfully poor and hovercraft tip way too easily, among others. Here's a list of ideas that I have:
  • HG1 turret rotation speed buff
  • Gigaton turret rotation speed buff
  • Type 45 add functionality to aim up to 35 degrees depression
  • Type 45 shoots bullets, not rocks
  • Add an inherent gyroscope effect (pitch & roll trim) in most hovers, larger ones mainly, leaving the small venture and gso hovers agile as is
  • Make certain batteries less/non explosive (Better Future, Venture and possibly Hawkeye), or add new ones (RR). While Hawkeye batteries have more health/unit space than GeoCorp, I'd still use the latter variety since it has higher health, and is thus less susceptible to being destroyed and exploding, setting off a chain reaction.
  • Attachment points on triangular block faces.
  • Zeus Laser gets an RoF buff and its beam is slightly thicker, travels the entire distance from the gun to the target, and has special visual effects, like the GIGA Plasma but yellow, a lot thinner.
  • Auto-cannons fire tracer rounds with improved accuracy.
  • Auto-cannon bullets travel much faster, so as to remain effective in the air.
  • The better future laser cannon charges up and fires instant beams. Would increase reliability.
  • Paladin bombs pack a bit more of a punch.
On another note, any news on new chassis blocks for HE? ie. this

Last edited:

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
Feb 4, 2019
America
I know this was brought up several times but an opening salvo mechanic would be awesome too. But enough of that, while on the topic of buffs and changes, rotation speed for certain weapons is awfully poor and hovercraft tip way too easily. Here's a list of ideas that I have:
  • HG1 turret rotation speed buff
  • Gigaton turret rotation speed buff
  • Type 45 add functionality to aim up to 35 degrees depression
  • Type 45 shoots bullets, not rocks
  • Add an inherent gyroscope effect (pitch & roll trim) in most hovers, larger ones mainly, leaving the small venture and gso hovers agile as is
  • Make certain batteries less/non explosive (Better Future, Venture and possibly Hawkeye), or add new ones (RR). While Hawkeye batteries have more health/unit space than GeoCorp, I'd still use the latter variety since it has higher health, and is thus less susceptible to being destroyed and exploding, setting off a chain reaction.
  • Attachment points on triangular block faces.
On another note, any news on new chassis blocks for HE? ie. this
They are remodeling the shell of the Type 45, and rotation buffs for those turrets is something I would like as well

New Hawkeye Inside Corner Edge Armor would also be awesome

As for APs on triangular block faces I believe that was ruled out some time ago, though it could be useful

Warning220

Defence enthusiast, Battle ship expert
Dec 9, 2018
Time for a quick but huge summary both from the forums and discord of what people are saying that they want in the type 45 cannon.
1:From half to a quarter the firing rate.
2:A much much larger explosion.
3: More of a upwards and downwards firing angle.
4:A higher turret rotation speed.
5:A longer range and faster shells.
6:Different shell texture.
7:The first press of the space bar shoots all shots at once but more importantly a continued hold of the space bar shoots in stagger fire of one shot and after about 0.1 seconds another one is shot.
8:Much Much Higher damage per shot like the mk3 damage per shot or possibly even higher but with a very low fire rate.
A few notes on the gun people were not really expecting a 6 inch gun but more of a 19 or 20 inch gun with an extremely large travel distance very fast shells absolutely massive explosions and of coarse high damage too.
@zanzistar for reference
was the expected to be hones.

桂桃~

Nov 21, 2017
Explosion radius and damage are still lacking. I do agree that you could chip into the RoF for an increase in damage, I think that the shells should at least have the power to send blocks flying, it's a visual effect that's exclusive to powerful explosive weapons but I'm looking for that feeling in this gun. The MK3 does 6.2k/shot. Assuming that the Type 45 fires once per second right now, its damage in 12 seconds is 16,800, just short of three MK3 shots (18,600). On that front, it's great. Now it's just a matter of balancing RoF and damage/shot.

But there is still no ability to angle its barrels downwards, so I think there are still going to be changes made to it, but right now the Type 45 Naval Gun still doesn't quite feel like a Naval Gun. More on that point, explosion radius is an important thing, which is why the medium sized explosions of the Type 45 now still makes it an auxiliary weapon in effect, not a main gun, especially on techs large enough to field the weapon in the first place. Increasing blast radius expands the use of the Naval Gun outside of waiting for shields to drop and wreaking havoc, there are already other weapons for that. Keep in mind that I am talking about efficient shield placement, not shielding that barely covers the tech.

That being said, the DPS of this weapon has indeed risen pretty high, such that once enemy shields have dropped, the Naval Gun absolutely tears techs apart. Based on what others have said, increasing the damage per shot while decreasing RoF seems to be the general consensus on the DPS of the gun. I would say each of the three guns has a 5-6 second reload time, making the delay between shots around 2 seconds long. This is still markedly faster than all other cannons, except for Venture's which fires every second. My take is that with halved RoF, the damage/shot would be doubled, and in 12 seconds, total damage should be just under three MK3 Battleship Cannon rounds.

TLDR, DPS is good, just double damage and halve RoF. Explosions still too small, should increase to at least HG1 size. Still lacking the ability to hit targets at an angle of depression.

EDIT: As General Douglas demonstrated in their post, HG1's damage/shot is equal to the Megaton's. Both weapons have the same RoF, but the strength of the HG1 actually comes from its larger explosion radius.

Last edited:

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
Explosion radius and damage are still lacking. I do agree that you could chip into the RoF for an increase in damage, I think that the shells should at least have the power to send blocks flying, it's a visual effect that's exclusive to powerful explosive weapons but I'm looking for that feeling in this gun. The MK3 does 6.2k/shot. Assuming that the Type 45 fires once per second right now, its damage in 12 seconds is 16,800, just short of three MK3 shots (18,600). On that front, it's great. Now it's just a matter of balancing RoF and damage/shot.

But there is still no ability to angle its barrels downwards, so I think there are still going to be changes made to it, but right now the Type 45 Naval Gun still doesn't quite feel like a Naval Gun. More on that point, explosion radius is an important thing, which is why the medium sized explosions of the Type 45 now still makes it an auxiliary weapon in effect, not a main gun, especially on techs large enough to field the weapon in the first place. Increasing blast radius expands the use of the Naval Gun outside of waiting for shields to drop and wreaking havoc, there are already other weapons for that. Keep in mind that I am talking about efficient shield placement, not shielding that barely covers the tech.

That being said, the DPS of this weapon has indeed risen pretty high, such that once enemy shields have dropped, the Naval Gun absolutely tears techs apart. Based on what others have said, increasing the damage per shot while decreasing RoF seems to be the general consensus on the DPS of the gun. I would say each of the three guns has a 5-6 second reload time, making the delay between shots around 2 seconds long. This is still markedly faster than all other cannons, except for Venture's which fires every second. My take is that with halved RoF, the damage/shot would be doubled, and in 12 seconds, total damage should be just under three MK3 Battleship Cannon rounds.

TLDR, DPS is good, just double damage and halve RoF. Explosions still too small, should increase to at least HG1 size. Still lacking the ability to hit targets at an angle of depression.

EDIT: As General Douglas demonstrated in their post, HG1's damage/shot is equal to the Megaton's. Both weapons have the same RoF, but the strength of the HG1 actually comes from its larger explosion radius.
agreed. and with vigorous testing i concluded that the type 45 jitters crafts while turning a lot now
also i reached a damage per shot from the mk3 6499

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
While watching there stream Wednesday I found out that its cost should be 40k first of all and second of all the gun should kinda be better then 3 mk3 cannons not because of the cost but because of the space it takes up because in a space comparison you can fit in 6 mk3 cannons which is almost 40k damage. but on the other hand the cost is alot less then 3 of 6 of the mk3 cannons but in the end game when you are going to be using them the cost wont really matter that much. So in my personal opinion the type 45 should do around the same dps as 4-5 mk3 cannons which would be a good compromise on the space and also the type 45 cannons abillity to aim and turn and as its firing is more consistent than the mk3 it could prevent shields from coming back up. But of coarse the way the type 45 works in more of a shell thrower and not a real naval cannon because for it to be a real naval cannon it would have a really slow rof and a very very high damage per shot with an amazing range but why give us a real naval cannon when you can just give us an explosive bb gun.
TLDR:Its still bad needs fixing

Reactions: Luracasmus

桂桃~

Nov 21, 2017
While watching there stream Wednesday I found out that its cost should be 40k first of all and second of all the gun should kinda be better then 3 mk3 cannons not because of the cost but because of the space it takes up because in a space comparison you can fit in 6 mk3 cannons which is almost 40k damage. but on the other hand the cost is alot less then 3 of 6 of the mk3 cannons but in the end game when you are going to be using them the cost wont really matter that much. So in my personal opinion the type 45 should do around the same dps as 4-5 mk3 cannons which would be a good compromise on the space and also the type 45 cannons abillity to aim and turn and as its firing is more consistent than the mk3 it could prevent shields from coming back up. But of coarse the way the type 45 works in more of a shell thrower and not a real naval cannon because for it to be a real naval cannon it would have a really slow rof and a very very high damage per shot with an amazing range but why give us a real naval cannon when you can just give us an explosive bb gun.
TLDR:Its still bad needs fixing
Disagree, there is no reason for it to be SUPERIOR to 3 MK3 cannons in damage. The barrels have a smaller caliber after all. You know what you were giving up when you put a triplet gun turret on your tech. On another note, I do think that some of the cells that the Type 45 takes up should allow blocks to be placed, such as the space directly above the turret component, so that you can mount another Type 45 in super firing configuration.

Reactions: General Douglas

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
Disagree, there is no reason for it to be SUPERIOR to 3 MK3 cannons in damage. The barrels have a smaller caliber after all. You know what you were giving up when you put a triplet gun turret on your tech. On another note, I do think that some of the cells that the Type 45 takes up should allow blocks to be placed, such as the space directly above the turret component, so that you can mount another Type 45 in super firing configuration.
yeah but then why use it if you can just use something better in its place. it needs to have something that makes it wort using over the mk3 but right now its just not wort using if you want a rapid fire cannon use the venture one it takes up a lot less space if you want damage use the mk3 if you want range same thing plus with the mk3 you get a cool phudump sound and if you want something that turns also the venture and the venture turns 360 the only thing it has over both of those is its looks but nothing else and people keep saying its barrels should be bigger. personally I didnt want a 6 inch gun but a real 16-20 inch naval triple gun

桂桃~

Nov 21, 2017
yeah but then why use it if you can just use something better in its place. it needs to have something that makes it wort using over the mk3 but right now its just not wort using if you want a rapid fire cannon use the venture one it takes up a lot less space if you want damage use the mk3 if you want range same thing plus with the mk3 you get a cool phudump sound and if you want something that turns also the venture and the venture turns 360 the only thing it has over both of those is its looks but nothing else and people keep saying its barrels should be bigger. personally I didnt want a 6 inch gun but a real 16-20 inch naval triple gun
You get a fast firing, rotating 3 gun turret. With a buff to blast radius and rebalancing damage and fire rate, you get a weapon that will consistently drain enemy batteries, shreds unshielded techs and rotates to tracks enemies in a 180 degree arc. It would have greater angle of fire than the MK3 (if angle of depression is added), and the slightly offset barrels actually help to nail more agile techs moving in circles around you.

Against the MK3, it covers a much greater arc and has good fire rate, the ability to rotate in itself makes it worth using even with the space concerns.

Against the Venture, it has much more DPS and hopefully larger blasts in the future. In addition, it is far more robust.

DPS on the measuring device isn't everything, and the raw DPS of the Type 45 is already perfect, no sense in buffing it over three MK3 battleship cannons. Again, I would simply massively increase explosive radius, halve rate of fire and double damage per shot, so as to make it 'feel' more like a battleship cannon. I would also give the guns the ability to target 25 degrees downwards and 75 degrees upwards.

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
You get a fast firing, rotating 3 gun turret. With a buff to blast radius and rebalancing damage and fire rate, you get a weapon that will consistently drain enemy batteries, shreds unshielded techs and rotates to tracks enemies in a 180 degree arc. It would have greater angle of fire than the MK3 (if angle of depression is added), and the slightly offset barrels actually help to nail more agile techs moving in circles around you.

Against the MK3, it covers a much greater arc and has good fire rate, the ability to rotate in itself makes it worth using even with the space concerns.

Against the Venture, it has much more DPS and hopefully larger blasts in the future. In addition, it is far more robust.

DPS on the measuring device isn't everything, and the raw DPS of the Type 45 is already perfect, no sense in buffing it over three MK3 battleship cannons. Again, I would simply massively increase explosive radius, halve rate of fire and double damage per shot, so as to make it 'feel' more like a battleship cannon. I would also give the guns the ability to target 25 degrees downwards and 75 degrees upwards.
still a three barreled explosive bb gun

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
intresting fact in the area of the naval cannon you can theoredially fit in 10 venture rapid fire cannons for a total of 20 k dps. but lets be practical so you can fit in 4 cannons with normal range 360 turning 2k dps a pop for a total of 8k dps which is almost 2 times as high as the naval cannon dps
and for the low low price of 40 k which is the intended price for the naval cannon which was said on stream by zanzistar. i hope this gets my point across that the naval cannon still needs something special about it to be usefull except looks.

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
but speaking about per block dps efficiency the best weapon is the venture avalanch launcher

Sokolov

Jun 30, 2018
Time for a quick but huge summary both from the forums and discord of what people are saying that they want in the type 45 cannon.
1:From half to a quarter the firing rate.
2:A much much larger explosion.
3: More of a upwards and downwards firing angle.
4:A higher turret rotation speed.
5:A longer range and faster shells.
6:Different shell texture.
7:The first press of the space bar shoots all shots at once but more importantly a continued hold of the space bar shoots in stagger fire of one shot and after about 0.1 seconds another one is shot.
8:Much Much Higher damage per shot like the mk3 damage per shot or possibly even higher but with a very low fire rate.
A few notes on the gun people were not really expecting a 6 inch gun but more of a 19 or 20 inch gun with an extremely large travel distance very fast shells absolutely massive explosions and of coarse high damage too.
@zanzistar for reference
was the expected to be hones.
Agree. As for me, I would also increase the size of the cannon - it seems too small for now. I have always imagined it as a main weapon of a giant tech - not a small wimpy thing. However, the rotation speed speed seems reasonable enough.

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
Agree. As for me, I would also increase the size of the cannon - it seems too small for now. I have always imagined it as a main weapon of a giant tech - not a small wimpy thing. However, the rotation speed speed seems reasonable enough.
the rotation speed is quite good now just everything else except the recoil is not really cannony its basically an explosive bb gun

桂桃~

Nov 21, 2017
The MK3 sacrifices a lot for damage, if you wanted it to be able to target both sides, you'd have to place them back to back, so compared to the Type 45, 3 rows of back to back MK3s already takes up 12*6*1 cells. If you wanted it to fire forwards, you can put 3 MK3s on top of the back to back rows. (Using the generalisation 3 MK3s = 1 Type 45). So to be able to fire 3 MK3 shells in these 3 directions, it already takes up more space than the Type 45, furthermore, there is no diagonal shooting or elevated firing on the MK3. If you think about it, space is not really a justification for any more raw damage per second than it already has.

I just think that the Type 45 fires too fast and has way too small of an explosion radius right now, and should have a larger vertical angle of fire. Under no circumstance should it OUTDAMAGE 3 MK3s, be it in DPS or possibly explosion radius. While it may seem small-ish, it's still the largest weapon in the game, I don't think it needs to be any bigger.

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
The MK3 sacrifices a lot for damage, if you wanted it to be able to target both sides, you'd have to place them back to back, so compared to the Type 45, 3 rows of back to back MK3s already takes up 12*6*1 cells. If you wanted it to fire forwards, you can put 3 MK3s on top of the back to back rows. (Using the generalisation 3 MK3s = 1 Type 45). So to be able to fire 3 MK3 shells in these 3 directions, it already takes up more space than the Type 45, furthermore, there is no diagonal shooting or elevated firing on the MK3. If you think about it, space is not really a justification for any more raw damage per second than it already has.

I just think that the Type 45 fires too fast and has way too small of an explosion radius right now, and should have a larger vertical angle of fire. Under no circumstance should it OUTDAMAGE 3 MK3s, be it in DPS or possibly explosion radius. While it may seem small-ish, it's still the largest weapon in the game, I don't think it needs to be any bigger.
i disagree the weapon its self dosent need to be bigger but the barrels do and you're that 3 mk3's in different directions take up alot more space well they would but nobody would ever do that the only place where the type 45 turning is usefull where you cant turn faster your self on extremely large techs which would warrent the use of the type 45 but also not really because on techs that large it wouldnt matter because you would have the mk3 cannons spammed around all corners which would severely out damage the amount of type 45 cannons you could put on it. But medium sized and smaller tech can turn very fast faster then the type 45 cannon so the turning is useless and yes the mk3 cannons cant aim upwards but why would you ever need that all ground tech will me 1 shotted by the mk3. medium and also large hovers wont be hit by the mk3 and the type 45 because they slide around too much. The type 45 turning would have to be extremely fast to hit hovers where the upwards angle would be used but with that high of a turning speed the gun wouldnt be realistic. So the one last place to use the upwards firing anlge would be used for is stacking the cannons with no elevation where the ones behind it would tilt a bit higher but the AI isnt that smart so they just shoot eachother in the back so you need to turn your tech anyway but if it can be done then why the turning. And the best part is the cannons itself misses half of the shots so the dps for a non static target really is 2.1k . iv been using the cannon testing in in different situation and its really only good against static target. The mk3 on the other hand are much easier to use because they dont turn so you can aim them your self and the little agle adjustment they have is much more usefull then the type 45 turning is. And you say target both sides well technically it can in a smaller space but by the time it turns the enemy will have run around you 10 times over if its not a static tech but against static techs you can just turn your self a little. But if you try turning your self to cache up to the tech thats running around you in circles then the type 45 will miss because its trying to turn along with you so the other weapons will already have killed the tech by that time. So the turning might be usefull if the cannon had a really long range and a really long engagement range so you could launch a barrage at the enemy from far far away. so why exactly should i use the type 45 instead of the mk3. There is a simple rule which combat game developers usually follow its better for it to be overpowered then for it to be useless. So the type 45 is usefull if it either matches or out matches the damage per shot of 3 mk3 cannons i wouldnt even mind the type 45 costing 100k or more. because right now i use the gun for aesthetics and not for its intended use. The cannon can fire as slow or even possibly slower then the mk3 cannons just aslong as the damage is high enough per shot and the explosion is big enought. Because in terratech dps actually dosent matter what matters is the damage per shot because of the fact that you can aim like you can in fps games and your enemy always is moving so what matters is that one volley you can rain down upon your enemy the only weapons where dps matters are the better future weapons because they are very good at aiming and dont have explosions and there aim is nearly perfect. but for weapons like the hawkeye weapon which mostly go boom its damage per shot that counts.